Deafult DeHaviland FSX HD makeover out there?

Thread: Deafult DeHaviland FSX HD makeover out there?

Deafult DeHaviland FSX HD makeover out there?

Flight Sim X has come a long way and now we really appreciate HD textures and playing with all the knobs and switches. The Grumman Goose had a makeover and If it was legal to marry a plane, I'd go for it Anyway DeHaviland Beaver in FSX needs one two, the Inside dosen't look bad but we can't fully operate the cockpit and there are still blurry parts. The external needs HD touch two.....so anyone know anyone if they are attempting to add a magic touch to this Seagull?

Gabe

Quote Originally Posted by Flame-Prop View Post
    Flight Sim X has come a long way and now we really appreciate HD textures and playing with all the knobs and switches. The Grumman Goose had a makeover and If it was legal to marry a plane, I'd go for it Anyway DeHaviland Beaver in FSX needs one two, the Inside dosen't look bad but we can't fully operate the cockpit and there are still blurry parts. The external needs HD touch two.....so anyone know anyone if they are attempting to add a magic touch to this Seagull?

Gabe
    Hey Gabe

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Goose HD Redux t'was a fun project and for me working with Pam and Butch was very cool,i know all 3 of us (and the rest of the Ozx guys) where very happy with how it was received

The Dhc-2 Beaver (im happy/sad to say) was next in the Pipe to get fixed up but due to may a reason it never got finished

Ive been digging through my various project Dev files/projects over the last few days (now i've sorted some of the personal issues on my side that have kept me away from FSX deving) and im thinking about rebooting the Beaver Redux in some form
    (not sure if it will get a flight re-model atm so it might just end up a solo HD repaint project)

External HD normals are about 95% done as are 2 full schemes and internal HD VC is about 35% so still loads of work but id love to see here finished...one day

here's a WIP (again all my own solo work sofar)

Laters
    Steve AKA Gizmo

In the meantime there's always the Aerosoft Beaver X with float, amphib, wheel, tundra tire and ski variants.

One of the first FSX payware add-ons I ever got and I still fly it regularly.
    Larry

Christ that's a beaut.... Excellent work there Gizmo!

Oooohhhh.....

Slimy floats.

TeaSea like!
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Ahh Gizmo,you got my full attention with this one....if you ever get around to finishing it I'd be first in line to d/l it!Awesome!

.....don't stop now !!!!

"can't wait"

Jesus Christ so that's what the Beaver looks like huh :salute: I had a feeling someone very familiar would be secretly workin on something, we would honorably appriciate it if one day we could fly this puppy along side next to the Goose. If it's alright with you I would like to use the image as my part of the timeline on FB

Gabe

Hey Guys

Many thanks for the replies and kind words Looks like with replying to the OP i kind sealed my fate on finishing this one for you guys!

Might be a month or 2 before i can get anything solid ready for released as i said external work is pretty much all done apart from some detailing on the floats and balancing of spec/reflection
    i had thought about doing a split release of External HD first and then VC after but i think releasing it as a single HD upgrade would be the best idea

heres another WIP scheme

Im hoping to inc for 3-5 external schemes and maybe 2 VC schemes(second VC scheme might be kept as donationware not sure yet)
    i dout the paint kit will be inc in the main release of the HD package because it will need a lot of cleaning up to make any sense
    (ppl who've used the Goose HD kit will know how messed up even one of my cleaned up paintkits can be!)

And sure repost these WIP image where ever you like

Cheers
    Steve

Well if you can pass me over a blank white version of the finished article Gizzmo, I'd be happy to throw some paint on canvas for you if it helps?

Holy cow, Steve, that looks spectacular !!

Looking forward to this!

Cheers,
    Mark

Top notch stuff :ernae:

Blog Entries
    ::sighh::: twist my arm.. go on.. Just twist my arm.. :::LOL:::
    A couple of months huh?? I think Paul and I could correct the flight model to fly right in that amount of time.. Steve?? Butch?? Whadaya say?? Another Redux release??
    Pam

Oh yeah, that looked like a painful experience Pam... you lasted so long before you cracked

Blog Entries

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Oh yeah, that looked like a painful experience Pam... you lasted so long before you cracked
    :ROFLMAO::: brat! <label for="rb_iconid_19"></label><label for="rb_iconid_24"></label>

Come on Pam, let see you push these guys into doing some more extraordinary work, love this one.
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Blog Entries
    Butch and Steve actually approached me quite some time ago to do a rework on the beaver, but then life took some interesting turns for all of us and it never quite went where we wanted it too..
    Currently, i'm still working on Paul Dominiques SU-37, Iris's F-22 and Yak-130 and Grob Twin acro as well as developing a rather unique form of VA with a friend, but i've always wanted to rework this beaver, so maybe now is a good time to do it..
    Pam

Come on Pam, it looks like from your schedule, you still have twelve and a half minutes a day left to do this (you don't need beauty sleep any ways do you?)! Thanks for your continued work all around. Don
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

When making the ceremony of the release, It's always good to include a bare metal(yes just plain bare metal this time xD) with no color or fancy alien markings . It will be like Snow White of the Sky

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame-Prop View Post
    When making the ceremony of the release, It's always good to include a bare metal(yes just plain bare metal this time xD) with no color or fancy alien markings . It will be like Snow White of the Sky
    But alien arkings are "fun"

wow that looks great!

Is it done yet

Quote Originally Posted by tomford View Post
    wow that looks great!

Is it done yet

Have a couple of coffee's first

Hey Guys

As Pam says this was all go as the next Ozx Redux project but all of us that were going to have a hand in it hit one or 2 snags
    with personal issues that halted its progress,but with a bit of a push i think its well worth spending the time on finishing it,
    sure the BeaverX is an alternative and has more options but the default aces beaver is a much much better model IMO

If Pam has time it would be wonderful if she could work her magic on the beaver because what she did with the goose is night/day compared with the default Aces FM.

To the rest of you guys here thanks again for you posts and words of support,i'll drop by and post a few more WIP shots once i have something new to share (don't want to show you all the goodies )

@Pam i'll try and get my Ozx login sorted out and restart a thread for this project in the paint section there in the next day or so,i'll PM you via Ozx once im sorted out
    as i cant login there atm as Google killed my email account linked to Ozx because i wouldn't give them my phone number.....so i'll have to get it all reset .

Cheers
    steve

Members who have read this thread: 79