CFS2 Mission Builder / Editor - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CFS2 Mission Builder / Editor

Talon:

I have 2 installations of cfs2 in my PC, and I shall call them install A and install B here. Both are in C drive, but at different addresses.

INSTALL B

The name of this cfs2 install is:

CFS2 AEROCRATE (This is name of the folder, the directory with all files in it and the cfs2.exe)

the address is:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS2 AEROCRATE

The name of the exe is :
    cfs2.exe
    (Should I rename it AEROCRATE.exe???)

and it is located at: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS2 AEROCRATE\
    cfs2.exe

I have made a shortcut of the above exe at the same address as just above, and it is named:

cfs2.exe - Shortcut

I rightclick on it
    (on the shortcut) and so get the properties window.

In the properties window, I have the following spaces to fill (in adjacent windows on their right):

Target >> this one has this entry: \Microsoft Games\CFS2 AEROCRATE\cfs2.exe"

Start in This one has this entry: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS2 AEROCRATE"

Shortcut key >>> this one says 'None' in the adjacent window on the right.

Comment ... this one is blank

I repeat that the shortcut I have made is in main directory where the cfs2.exe resides, and not on the desktop. (I I thought I could copy it to desktop later).

INSTALL A

Now my other default installation, where I do have a working Mission Builder, is at:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2

That was the first, original install from which I copied the whole cfs2 folder to make install B.

I do not know if the above helps.

Thanks for any advice you may give.
    It is 3:22 am here in Greece and I shall look for a reply tomorrow, as I need to go to bed.

Nick.

Rename the exe file to CFS2 AEROCRATE.

Next try this for Mission builder exe.
    Target should read like this.
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS2 AEROCRATE\cfs2 AEROCRATE.exe" /BUILDER:

Start in should read like this.
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS2 AEROCRATE"
    I would also rename the Mission Builder to

mission builder AEROCRATE

There's about a 13 to 14 hour time difference between us and I'm sailing in the middle of the Pacific ocean right now.I probably won't be on until your evening or night hours.

Thanks--it worked

Talon,

I did as you said and it worked and now I have the MB. Had not thought of renaming that exe earlier--that did the trick in the end.
    I cannot thank you enough.

I have also sailed, twice, in a 9-foot sailboat off Cannes in France and in a 16 foot Warrior old open-ocean sailboat in Greece. The captain both times was a Jerome Langlois from Cannes, a French sailing races champion (world champion also in the half-ton class once). He was tall and climbed up the mast like a monkey climbs up a palm tree, using arms and legs, hands and feet. He had a wife that was half his height, thin and flimsy, and got seasick all the time (what a lot for a sailor).
    I knew nothing about sailing but with him as a teacher I learned a lot. Way back in 1982-83. Under his masterful handling we passed faster and newer boats and he pointed out the mistakes those biats made each time and explained things to us. Jerome had also brought a cpuole of special sails he had made himself. He also made good money by making sails for the boats of rich Greeks here.

Thanks again for the help re the MB.
    Happy sailing. What kind of boat is it? Where exactly is your sailing area? Off Hawaii?

Nick

Looks like you're in business now.Maybe you can upload some of your missions.

My avatar is pic of my boat.

100ft and now sleeps 12.

I sail from Hawaii and have sailed to Samoa,Fiji,Cook Islands and Tahiti ( 5 times ).My last stop this trip will be Tahiti.

Becareful when editing missions in Mission Builder. If it was hand edited at all, then you will lose those portions when you save it.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    Becareful when editing missions in Mission Builder. If it was hand edited at all, then you will lose those portions when you save it.
    Blood Hawk,

Amen to that! :ernae:
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 30