Plane down at shuttleworth

Thread: Plane down at shuttleworth

Charter Member 2011

Unhappy Plane down at shuttleworth

yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Yeah, saw this in BBC news very sad.
    Craig

Dh Swallow evidently. Great shame and condolences to the pilot's family.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    Quite right...I knew it was a bird.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I was very sorry to hear of this earlier today. The pilot had been with Shuttleworth for quite some time, even the collection's chief pilot for a while.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Somehow it seems horribly irresponsible of the owners of the Shuttleworth Collection to have even allowed this aircraft to leave the static display area. Even more so when it was only one of twelve ever made, and was the last of it's kind to be even marginally airworthy...

...this was a tragedy that did not have to have happened.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Charter Member 2011
    shuttleworth is all about keeping the old planes that didnt have a war and PR officers to make them famous flying. Its an active airfield where just about all the planes are still flying. They've been doing the same thing for donkeys years without a death. The pilots now the risks and they still choose to take them. Calling them irresponsible just screams ignorance of how they operate
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    shuttleworth is all about keeping the old planes that didnt have a war and PR officers to make them famous flying. Its an active airfield where just about all the planes are still flying. They've been doing the same thing for donkeys years without a death. The pilots now the risks and they still choose to take them. Calling them irresponsible just screams ignorance of how they operate
    Stiz, in case I wasn't clear enough, I wasn't suggesting that risking the pilot's life was irresponsible...

...but risking the last working aircraft in the bloody world is irresponsible, in my humble opinion, ignorant as it may be.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Members who have read this thread: 53