Sabre Shots - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sabre Shots

Quote Originally Posted by jocko417 View Post
    perhaps RL Sabre pilots would be able to shed more light.

Looking forward to flying the heck out of it :salute:

That's just the thing, Jocko, there were so many different models, at so many locations and theatres, with so many different branches (USAF, AF Reserve, ANG, Foreign AF's, ect) over so may different years (decades), you could probably talk to 100 Sabre pilots and get a slightly different story from each on how a Sabre was configured or improvised upon.

I'm sure you're going to love the model, happy flying/simming.

Theres a Sabre right here in Tauranga that Ive sat in a few times....wonder what the throttle etc is like in that?...I actually made note of the arm rests last time I was in it....there weren't any ...its a bit beaten up inside I'm afraid and I think its ex Ethopian Air Force..heres my kids in the Hotseat

Well, I am curious as well... Just an FYI though, that seat is deffo not the standard F-86F type....

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Well said, Skyhawk and DennyA!

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Having no talents for FS-related issues except to fly the aircraft as they become available, I'm practically in awe at the skill displayed in the design and building of these aircraft, in particular when it's done for nothing as many of them are. Many hours of research, coordination, trial and error, shading, texturing, detail addition - and all for the love of airplanes and flying, sim or real, it doesn't matter. I'm happy enough to enjoy the results! Many thanks to everyone in this genre who contributes so much to the enjoyment of others, and the advancement of this wonderful hobby!:salute:

Sometimes I find myself falling into the nitpicking but I do know when its time to call it quits. Over the last year since my divorce began I have learned one thing....life is too short to sweat the small stuff. I have enjoyed flightsim now for almost 10 years and have seen MANY add-ons...probably too many......heck my FS9 stuff is sitting on discs...but....that said...when I flew it I enjoyed my time just doing my own airshows.......doing my repaints, and do my screenshot works. I do time to time fly a flight plan but....for me its all about the fun and enjoying something I probably won't ever get to do in real life. I spent 12 years in the USN as an aircrewman and loved every minute of it in the sky. Now....I'm doing my best to enjoy the flight sim skies with FSX.....that said.....I just hope that someone reads this and steps back of the soap box.....looks at this flight sim thing and realizes....this is a hobby. Its an release from the real world we all are trying our hardest to get through every day. Lets support and thank the developers, the painters and sites like this for making our day a little brighter....even if only for a little bit in our day.

john

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Having no talents for FS-related issues except to fly the aircraft as they become available, I'm practically in awe at the skill displayed in the design and building of these aircraft, in particular when it's done for nothing as many of them are. Many hours of research, coordination, trial and error, shading, texturing, detail addition - and all for the love of airplanes and flying, sim or real, it doesn't matter. I'm happy enough to enjoy the results! Many thanks to everyone in this genre who contributes so much to the enjoyment of others, and the advancement of this wonderful hobby!:salute:
    I'll second that motion! Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    Well, I am curious as well... Just an FYI though, that seat is deffo not the standard F-86F type....
    I will have a look next time I'm there although I suspect your Sabre will be out by then....the seat is probably something they found and just chucked it in.

Paul 'Naki' to think , that evening your young chaps would have sore lips after making all those jet sounds and would have slept all night .... bar for the jet noises you were making

Now if anyone has one of those throw away ejector seats ... id dearly love to modify as my FS-PC seat ... that would be so cool .. <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

As promised.......here's some shots of the Sabre Throttle/stick here at NZTG..somewhat knackered..nil arm rests

This is a very special repaint, and one we'd like you guys to see:

Keep in mind this is on an old build. The current build is, well...jaw dropping!

Will have more updates soon. DM

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    As promised.......here's some shots of the Sabre Throttle/stick here at NZTG..somewhat knackered..nil arm rests. . . .
    Wow, is that still getting knocked around in the beta forums?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

The guy in the office seems too tall (?)

Quote Originally Posted by mohawk3 View Post
    The guy in the office seems too tall (?)
    Yup, like I said, this is an old build.

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    Yup, like I said, this is an old build.
    Ah, did not saw that, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by mohawk3 View Post
    Ah, did not saw that, sorry.
    No worries. I'll be posting a lot of photos in the next few days of the current build. Hope you don't mind

Members who have read this thread: 148