New Bf 109E skins

Thread: New Bf 109E skins

New Bf 109E skins

Just uploaded four new standalones for the 109E!

Hungarian, Bulgarian, and two Yugoslavian schemes, plus the DR shared folder should be up soon in the http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=86

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

So the correct models to go with these skins are all E-3's except for the Bulgarian one as an E-4? Or is it an E-7? Just making sure I put them on the right airplane.

Yes, should have explained that a bit better, the E-4 is actually the MAW E-7, you just have to pretend it's an E-4 with closed spinner!
    That's why I included the DR 109 shared folder, as it's a MAW model.
    They are all standalones anyhow Daniel !:mixedsmi:
    John

Keep it coming!

So in reality the E-4 had the open spinner in anticipation of the cannon that was never installed, and the E-7 had the closed spinner after the decision not to install the cannon was finalized? We have models with open and closed spinners, both with the correct late style canopy. So if that's appropriate for the skin, I'll just stick it on my open spinner E-4.

Yep you can do that, but my profile shows a closed spinner on the Bulgarian aircraft, but you can never really trust them, so either way it'll be ok?
    Only reason I didn't use the E-4 we have, was because it had the open spinner!:mixedsmi:
    John

Keep it coming!

John great stuff, BTW what do you mean by open spinner?

Ah, I see. It all makes sense now. If your sources show it closed, then closed it is - especially as that paint job looks particularly slick with with the closed spinner...

Thanks for clearing that up.

All the airplanes in the screen shots have the open spinner other than the yellow-nosed Bulgarian one. Open spinners have the tip removed, leaving a hole in the middle to allow for a cannon firing through the spinner. This was never used operationally on E series 109s due to gun jamming (but the spinner was left open just in case this was solved) and so it was decided to close off the tip of the spinner to make it more aerodynamic on the E-7 model. Would have been pretty easy to retrofit to earlier aircraft as in the case of John's Bulgarian E-4.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Master John,
    These are beautiful..
    I am having a small bit of trouble landing these, But I will sort it out..

Thank you!! I have plans for the Yugoslavian one.

A the moment, I have not started CFS3 for some days now, I was focused on motorsport and especially, the 24 heures du Mans.

My projects are:
    - June 6th 1944 part 2.

- A new MAW mission pack.

- PTO and RS missions for the Rufe, I have now historical informations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Led,
    And there is Much rejoicing!!
    Look forward to all of this..
    Many Thanks..

Members who have read this thread: 30