R&R ?

Thread: R&R ?

R&R ?

Just curious as to what all you simmers do for Rest & Recreation (ie: when not flying). Myself, I play FreeCell. 1000's of games and I keep 80% win precentage. What is your passion?
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Markin' my territory and chasin' cats.......
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

"Wood Butcher"

Play around in my shop doing wood work, mostly scrollsaw, desk sets, fret work type stuff, toys for my Grand Kids, last Christmas made my Grandson a rocking airplane, but lately haven't had a lot of spare cash for lumber.
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Until Monday when I beat up my should I did a lot of mountain biking

Now I am off for 6 weeks while I heal. I was well on track to put 1000 miles on my bike before the end of September now I am less likely to complete the task.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

i dont do anything it seems....i slept all day today and im ready for bed again...i havent drank alcohol in a long time...but i feel like i went on a week long bender.............

FXST Twin Cam B
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP wet), EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 16GB DDR3-2400,
    128GB SAMSUNG 830-Win 7 Ult x64, 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro-FS9/FSX/P3D, WD 1TB Black-FS98, ROF, etc. WD Black 2TB-Storage/Backup,

Work.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Work around the farm, take care of the horses and other critters around here.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Read and keep the pooch occupied. Or vice-versa? Since napamule asked the question, I realized I don't do a darned thing all day worth talking about. That's the joy of retirement.

Bob
    CPU: Intel i7-5960X OC 4.5
    MOBO: Asus X99 Deluxe
    RAM: 16GB (4x4) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2800
    GPU: Asus STRIX GeForce GTX980
    PSU: SeaSonic X850
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB (FS9)
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (FSX)
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
    HDD: WD 7200 Black 1TB
    CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo (white)
    CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

I like cleaning and detailing our cars if the weather is nice. In the evenings I do a lot of reading or watching a good DVD (movie or documentary). In-between I hang around various forums.
    :ernae:
    --WH

Re-Retired

Bob,
    I resemble that remark ('don't do anything worth...'). I am also retired and I don't HAVE to do NOTHING! (ha). It depends, but I guess urine the 'Golden' Years (hehe). My motto is 'No Stress'. But I lie. I just spent the last 2 days working on FDEs for Ito's 'God Phoenix' and 'FW190 Space Wolf'. Both use the same cfg (other than cnt pts, lights, etc) and both use same air file in FS9 and FSX. Amazing. Keeps me strong. But spent-phew. Tomorrow I have to wash dishes and go do some laundry just in case I take a shower (haha). Cheers.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by rpjkw View Post
    Read and keep the pooch occupied. Or vice-versa? Since napamule asked the question, I realized I don't do a darned thing all day worth talking about. That's the joy of retirement. Bob
    I'm with you Bob. Except my ole bird dog died about 5 years ago so I don't even have to keep her occupied anymore. Not that I minded doing that as she and I did a lot of quail hunting when she was alive. I haven't been but one or two times since her death. Just ain't the same anymore.

RD

when i'm not simming, i'm working, if i have a job at that time. aside from that there's indoor r/c helicopters. i'm a total noob, and my latest is a collective pitch that flies 3-d. i have yet to actually fly it for more than a few seconds. it's way more heli than i'm ready for.
    i used to play guitar, but depression and a lack of anger management kinda put that on hiatus.
    i ride my bike a fair amount, weather and ankle permitting. then there's the 2 doggies. they need to be kept active too. if i let them, they'd be total couch potatoes...that shed like crazy.
    i also collect martial arts films, and other types of asian cinema. laugh if you want, but i like the korean dramas alot.

I don't do much simming these days. I work 6 days a week at a produce packaging plant. When I'm not working, I'm doing things around the house that need done. For R&R, I try to squeeze in a bit of simming to go along with my other interests: our two dogs, 4 fish tanks, watching movies (DVD and Netflix) and some photography. I attempt to do a bit of reading now and then as well. But right now, most of my R&R time is spent working on my car....a 1996 Chrysler Sebring LXi that I bought 6 weeks ago today (Friday...so I guess it's actually yesterday), drove for a week, had it break down, and been buying really pricey parts in the hopes of getting it back on the road....next purchase for the car is a $150 alternator and the $40 worth of intake manifold gaskets that I will need to replace as I have to pull the intake manifold off the engine to be able to get to the alternator top bolt.....who the hell designed this car?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    I don't do much simming these days. I work 6 days a week at a produce packaging plant. When I'm not working, I'm doing things around the house that need done. For R&R, I try to squeeze in a bit of simming to go along with my other interests: our two dogs, 4 fish tanks, watching movies (DVD and Netflix) and some photography. I attempt to do a bit of reading now and then as well. But right now, most of my R&R time is spent working on my car....a 1996 Chrysler Sebring LXi that I bought 6 weeks ago today (Friday...so I guess it's actually yesterday), drove for a week, had it break down, and been buying really pricey parts in the hopes of getting it back on the road....next purchase for the car is a $150 alternator and the $40 worth of intake manifold gaskets that I will need to replace as I have to pull the intake manifold off the engine to be able to get to the alternator top bolt.....who the hell designed this car?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

OBIO
    Your big mistake there was buying American ....... I'll get my hat.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Seems like all I ever do is work. I work 12 hour shifts (rotating shifts) so I don't have time to do much when I'm working.

I have dirt bikes and ATVs that I try to ride once in a while when I'm not working but they don't get much use. I like to fish but my boats haven't been in the water in a close to a year. I used to race hydroplanes but I haven't been in one of them in a long time (5 years) either.

I guess I don't do much of anything but work.
    XP Pro: Intel D975XBX2 /QX6700 @ 3.50GHz / 8800GTX / 2X2GB G.Skill PC2 8500 / Ultra 120 Extreme / 150GB Raptor / 320GB Seagate 7200.10 / PC P&C Silencer 750 PSU / CM Stacker 810 / LITE-ON 20X DVD / X-FI Music

Vista Ultimate 64: Intel D975XBX2 / Q6700 @ 3.6GHz / 8800GTX / 4X2GB G.Skill PC2 8000 / Ultra 120 Extreme / 150GB Raptor / 750GB WD Caviar / PC P&C Silencer 750 PSU / CM Stacker 810 / LITE-ON SATA DVD / onboard sound

Check out my avatar...:mixedsmi:

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Your big mistake there was buying American ....... I'll get my hat.
    The only thing American on the Sebring is the name Chrysler. The car was built by Mitsubishi....engine, trans, suspension, everything is Mitsubishi. Even the key to start the car says Mitsubishi on it.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Endless house work concocted by the interior designer so-everything-has-to-be-authentic-looking wife (luv ya hun, really). I re-cert next year so I log class and lecture time for required CEUs. I'm on a couple of committees at work as well as do odd tasks and research where I can. About the only me time is an hour before bed and before heading out for work when I read or do this. Right now the kid is doing her turn sanding her bedroom floor to bare wood for refinishing, I'm up in 10 mins. 5 24-grit belts down and mostly bare wood so we're getting there.

Oh, R&R. I guess I go inert when I can.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    The only thing American on the Sebring is the name Chrysler. The car was built by Mitsubishi....engine, trans, suspension, everything is Mitsubishi. Even the key to start the car says Mitsubishi on it.

OBIO
    Sounds like the opposite of my truck. It says Nissan, but everything on it was built here in the US.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

R&R for me is weekends and not having to get up at 06.30 for work. If I reach 65 then I will still have to work part-time at least as my pension will just about cover my utility bills and council tax, so to eat I'll need to earn.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Sail
    Wonderful relaxation

Have a 34 foot British design MG335 in Tampa Bay

Lot like flying...
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Reply...

Napamule,

That's a good question, so I'm game. I love to travel internationally, and have had the opportunity to meet some of our SOH brethren in the process. I love riding roller coasters, even the insane ones. :mixedsmi: I love to fish, both brook / river and deep-sea fishing. Swimming is also something I do to relax and de-stress, but that is also to keep the circulation strong in my legs after my blood clots. I also recently took up flying a Cessna, and found the experience thrilling, wondrous, and spiritual.

Can't say I'm much of a hunter though, I've never owned or fired a gun.

I read and meditate, as well as help my neighbor mechanic work on cars he's restoring for himself. He pays me in beer and the occasional ride, or repairs for our cars when needed at cost or a discount. As a teacher, I find that I have to build in a little "me" time when I can, it's one of those jobs that going full throttle for excessive periods can burn you out so bad you leave the profession.

In all honesty, having a job where you work 39 weeks a year, though admittedly just as much off the clock as on, does allow me to enjoy my hobbies, including simming, a good deal, and I readily admit that.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 68