Hope you're not messing with any of that "Aircraft Crap" Post

Thread: Hope you're not messing with any of that "Aircraft Crap" Post

SOH-CM-2024

Hope you're not messing with any of that "Aircraft Crap" Post

Hi All ,
    Last week on May 31st , I made a suggestion about converting FS2000,FS2002 and FS2004 to CFS2.

I re-read my post today and realized it probably didn't make as much sense as I thought because the title of this post is the comment I got from my wife while writing it.

My idea is that some of us could convert one aircraft per week --and add it to the library(the three I picked,Douglas B-23,the Lublin and the Consolidated Ranger were just random) as there are stacks of non-converted aircraft .

A slow stroll through Classic British Files with a lot of Ted Cook's Aircraft would also be another place to start.

Just a thought at this stage.

Regards

Question

Hi 1150,
    A good idea and one I think that Pepe has taken a personal crusade on!

A couple of bolt-ons to your idea:-

Why not liaise with Pepe and if you've not got the skill set then be his 'potential conversion' finder?

Have you got any skills to facilitate the process? If you can't convert, ok then, but can you mess around with an airfile or DP, or contact the owner and get permissions, write a README etc etc..

How about posting the project conversion you've chosen, say what you can do and see what others can do?

I'm not trying to throw it back to you, because I think it was genuinely meant and a good idea, but maybe starting the process off may get things going sooner?

Hey, and you never know you might get this 'ol boy tempted!

Cheers

Shessi

Members who have read this thread: 39