Bomber or Fighter

Thread: Bomber or Fighter

Bomber or Fighter

I was tossing up whether to get the Lightning or the Vulcan and I started to wonder what everyone's preference is? do you like one or the other or is it whatever you fancy at the time.

BTW I think the Lightning may be the go
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Blog Entries
    Lightning, the JustFlight Vulcan is a port over, the Iris one is better, but I think they are re doing it (or something) in the future.

Regards,
    Ian.

From a bomber or fighter point of view my fav is always on the multiengine bombers. I'd take a B-17, Lancaster, B52 etc over the smaller birds everytime. But thats no doubt just from growing up with a copy of memphis belle gripped in my hands all the time. Memories of the bomber boys and reading so many bomber stories growing up.

Re: Lighting or Vulcan, no idea as I think they are really quite different aircraft just from an aviation point of view. Depends what you are looking for I guess, a quick iconic brit fighter with little legs or a quick iconic brit bomber with long legs

Well, it's a matter of what kind of flying you want to do. Do you want to just jump in and go blindingly fast, whilst jinking all over the sky with clear canopy vis? Or, do you want to trouble yourself with learning start up procedures, and then being a heavy driver (albeit relatively high performance for a heavy) with limitations on cockpit visibilty?

The Justflight lightning is a pretty model, and easy to fly, but the FDE is pretty FAR off base...although mucho fun if you want to proceed with your hair on fire. The Iris Vulcan is actually a Milviz model, and it has the detail to go along with it, although it's not as systems complete as the current crop of Milviz models. It flys very nicely and is high on the VC immersion scale, but there is no quick start to flying it. You have to get the manual out and learn to start it before you can fly it. You can't trick it by taking off in another plane and then selecting the Vulcan once airborne, either. It loads cold and dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    Well, it's a matter of what kind of flying you want to do. Do you want to just jump in and go blindingly fast, whilst jinking all over the sky with clear canopy vis? Or, do you want to trouble yourself with learning start up procedures, and then being a heavy driver (albeit relatively high performance for a heavy) with limitations on cockpit visibilty?

The Justflight lightning is a pretty model, and easy to fly, but the FDE is pretty FAR off base...although mucho fun if you want to proceed with your hair on fire. The Iris Vulcan is actually a Milviz model, and it has the detail to go along with it, although it's not as systems complete as the current crop of Milviz models. It flys very nicely and is high on the VC immersion scale, but there is no quick start to flying it. You have to get the manual out and learn to start it before you can fly it. You can't trick it by taking off in another plane and then selecting the Vulcan once airborne, either. It loads cold and dark.
    I believe I heard the vulcan from iris was so in accurate that they had to rework a lot of things from the mistakes made, just like what when captain sim had to do after contracting out to milviz.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    but there is no quick start to flying it. You have to get the manual out and learn to start it before you can fly it. You can't trick it by taking off in another plane and then selecting the Vulcan once airborne, either. It loads cold and dark.
    Once you know how, you can still start it in less than a minute. Not too hard to do!
    There are some slightly fuzzy textures in the VC, but overall it's a very nice aircraft. Flies great, good sounds and lots of textures included.

I have no idea how the JF Lightning is (EDIT: Demo available!), but I would recommend the IRIS Vulcan anyway, and you can get it for $15 AUD now at their new store: http://www.irissimulations.com/cart/...7275c63893f959
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    I believe I heard the vulcan from iris was so in accurate that they had to rework a lot of things from the mistakes made, just like what when captain sim had to do after contracting out to milviz.
    whatever:costum:

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Once you know how, you can still start it in less than a minute. Not too hard to do!
    True that.

Well I like them both. Just my thoughts.

what's wrong with the sky unlimited lightning? i'm no accusim guy or rivet counter, but i do enjoy it.

Lightning... the rocket with a seat (my dad used to work with them)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    3 posts and 2 of the 3 were derogatory toward Milviz....I suspect a former banned member with an axe to grind toward Milviz. I have the Iris Vulcan and it's not a bad bird.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Lightning and Vulcan are very nice indeed. I hear the odd grumble about the Vulcans accuracy. Dunno. Looks like a tin triangle, I like the box office, just enough systems to make it interesting without going on course for a month to get it flashed up, flying it is like driving your house while looking out the letter slot; seems pretty Vulcany to me. Could not choose between the two. Why not roll bomber and fighter into one and buy the flying stations Buccaneer. Kipper flavored jet, 15 clams, sunshine in a can, how could you go wrong? 'Course the UKMIL S.2 is free. Albeit with out a few bells and whistles. Then again, there are freeware WE177's, 1000lb GPB's, terrain radar and moving target indicators, so with a bit of assembly, you can have a few bells and whistles on it too.