PB4Y-2 Privateer WIP - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: PB4Y-2 Privateer WIP

Updated Model Posted Above

See the attachment in the previous post please.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thanks tankerguy, Milton and whoever else contributed.

I saw a couple of PB4Ys fly out of then Jeffco(since renamed)when I lived in Westminster CO along with P2Vs,DC4s,and C-130s back in the late 90s but can't remember the tanker numbers,123 might have been one of them.I do remember one was painted and one wasn't. I watched for hours!
    Anyways I am lovin this bird!
    Heres a couple of shots out of SBA:salute:
    Attachment 77311Attachment 77312

See the attachment in the previous post please.
    :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    With Tankerguy72's permissions and your suggestions, I have corrected the prop mesh, the aileron trim animation, and the window animation.

If you need the panel bmp leaks corrected, simply download the one posted above by RallyModeller.

I will post the updated model here shortly after testing.

EDIT: Model Updated as stated above
    Thanks for doing that, Milton. I reckon since it was a WIP, that the mods would come out sooner or later...lol!

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Thanks for doing that, Milton. I reckon since it was a WIP, that the mods would come out sooner or later...lol!

Thanks. These were easy fixes and since TG had not modified the latest gmax source I returned to him, it was a no brainer. Happy to do that for these obvious issues I somehow overlooked. :-/
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just thought I'd share a pic of the PB4Y in FS9 on a flight from Weed to Nevada County (formerly Grass Valley).

Attachment 77363

Thanks, again, to everybody involved in this project!:salute:

George

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Cavor View Post
    Just thought I'd share a pic of the PB4Y in FS9 on a flight from Weed to Nevada County (formerly Grass Valley).

Attachment 77363

George
    Beautiful, atmospherical photo, George!

Welcome aboard Sir - thanks for sharing.:salute:
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Cavor View Post

Attachment 77363

George
    I like that name your using. A little cavorite painted on the bottom of the B-24 would sure save fuel.

Great pics! Took the two tankers up for a short flight.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Great pics! Took the two tankers up for a short flight.

Stunning!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Making headway on the 121 Texture. Need some more touchups, paint the gear struts, and fix some lines. Maybe today or tomorrow hopefully
    :USA-flag::USA-flag::USA-flag:

Yeaaaaa!!!!!!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Decided to do it right and do more detail work so it may be a little bit longer. Finishing rivet work and making her look like a working girl. Im sure it will be worth the wait.

Attachment 77404

A few more 'Retro-Screenies'...
    I love it TG!

Attachment 77408 Attachment 77409 Attachment 77410

Regards,Stuart

Blog Entries
    Great photos Stuart!

PB4Y-2 TANKER LADY

This model, even in its current un-finished state, has real presence. Like Mc Donnell's Phantom its ugliness is its draw. From the low-squat on the tarmac to the outright outrageous front end, this aircraft exudes attitude like a well-worn dump truck.

Married to a very nice flight model, Nigel's sounds and such a good 3D model I am sure that those with the know will, in time, transform 'Tanker 123' into a classic.

Thanks to everyone who dragged her out for our appreciation and enjoyment.

Mal

Well said, mate... she does give one a sense of "attitude". I like that about the model. Her structural repulsiveness is matched only by her incredible ability to get the job done, and her persistant strength to "stay the course".

"El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by stuartcox View Post
    A few more 'Retro-Screenies'...
    I love it TG!

Attachment 77408 Attachment 77409 Attachment 77410

Regards,Stuart
    Great shots Stuart! Love that look of old photo realism
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by vonernsk View Post
    This model, even in its current un-finished state, has real presence. Like Mc Donnell's Phantom its ugliness is its draw. From the low-squat on the tarmac to the outright outrageous front end, this aircraft exudes attitude like a well-worn dump truck.

Married to a very nice flight model, Nigel's sounds and such a good 3D model I am sure that those with the know will, in time, transform 'Tanker 123' into a classic.

Mal
    Mal, you have expressed my attraction to her well. I do love her "squat" and her distinctive "look" embellished with these photoreal textures to give the sense of old and tired yet reliably capable in her simplicity. Give me 4 big radials, a hand full of throttle and let's go flyin'.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Nice model as ugly as it is, but it is very nice in that it is an aircraft with an important purpose/mission. I suppose a "dump truck" is a good description for it, my first impression was a "flying warehouse with wings". But the mission purpose of fire fighting makes a very good reason to be attracted to the utility of it.

I had found in my FS9 Effects cache a long lasting red "fire retardant" that had come from one of the Bell Textron 212's from Hovercontrol that I aliased to the PB4Y which increased the usefulness of this strategic flying piece of equipment. However, that particular effect could stand to be more copious, but it's nice that it lays on the ground for a very long time so that you can easily observe the area swaths you had previously laid down, even after you have returned to base to reload several times.

Another thing I did was to add direct steering to the nose wheel which I felt greatly improved visual reality to this nice piece of aerial fire fighting equipment while observing taxying on the ground in spot view and in tower view mode.

To get that direct steering, change the first line of the [contact points] section, seventh digit input, which was 180 and changed it to 45 to get the direct steering.

Very nice forest fire fighting piece of equipment and not a bad cross country flier to use for delivering other things such as fire fighting supplies to other base setups around the country. Adding auto pilot navigation might would come in handy for some of those long trips.

The flying characteristics seem right on. The sound files are nice too but I might try my hand to get the exterior engine volumes up a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by vonernsk View Post

Mal

Best description I have heard of the 4Y!

Still working on 121. Didnt get much time today. Should have it out definitely by the weekend.

Decided to try my real flight vs sim flight and got it pretty close. Must say the real flight was a little more fun.

Attachment 77522

Looks Great, Tanker Guy!

Thanks for the kind comments Nigel! My system isn't that great. I had to crank up all the setting just for that pic and was only getting about 8 -10 FPS.

Terry, I'm glad somebody got my screenname before I posted my avatar!

Members who have read this thread: 79