Realair Lancair Legacy out - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Realair Lancair Legacy out

Question Aileron trim inverted when mapped to buttons

Is there a forum that is used by RealAir ?

I know they have none by themselves, so maybe there is one they prefer.

Couldn't resist their newest offer and it's some nice little hotty...

Only one little quirk so far, I have mapped aileron trim to one of my cooli hats, works fine in all other planes...
    ...but in the Lancair it's inverted

Not a big problem but I would like to let them know without bugging them with an email.

Rob Young (Realair developer) seems to be at avsim quite a bit...not sure if he has stopped in here or not?
    Matt

Blog Entries
    Has anyone else experienceda strange jumping and "chirping" of the wheels when the aircraft is stationeryon the runway, or is it just a problem that I have?<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Regards, <o></o>
    Ian.<o></o>

I've not seen that yet. On occasion you might get a repeating sound, it's a glitch with that sound dll gauge... I wonder if that's what's happening...

Is this after a flight or just when you start up FSX?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    I've not seen that yet. On occasion you might get a repeating sound, it's a glitch with that sound dll gauge... I wonder if that's what's happening...

Is this after a flight or just when you start up FSX?
    Thanks for your reply Ryanbatc,
    The problem starts as soon as you load a flight and before you take off. I havn't landed and seen if it continues after landing yet, but it is irritating, it's making me feel sea sick!

Regards,
    Ian.

If this Legacy is an indication and measurment of RealAir's 'stuff' now.....their 172 will be nothing short of excellent. :salute:
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    Thanks for your reply Ryanbatc,
    The problem starts as soon as you load a flight and before you take off. I havn't landed and seen if it continues after landing yet, but it is irritating, it's making me feel sea sick!
    Have you tried cycling the sounds by pressing "Q" ?

Other than that I'm stumped... perhaps shoot an email over to Rob and see if he's got any suggestions?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Charter Member 2012
    Well - i tried to resist rushing to buy this but as its a realair product which stands for great quality i gave in and am predictably delighted with my investment - well done Rob and team

I have to agree with all thats been said, great plane and pushes Realairs standards even higher.

However if I was really critical I would say that some of the instruments look dated, for example the altimeter. They are the same as were in the Duke and don't look right in the Lancair. If possible I would like to have seen one similar to the SF260 instead.

Right now to take her for a spin again. This time with more recovery height than I did yesterday. Took too long to fill in that hole.

I think they look great - it's an experimental plane so you'll find a wide variety of panels in the real world. Plus I prefer big analogue gauges because for IFR flight.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Question

Hello Folks,

Anybody using A2A Shockwave light ? just need the settings for the landing lights.
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeromeo View Post
    Hello Folks,

Anybody using A2A Shockwave light ? just need the settings for the landing lights.
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers.
    YR - These are the settings I used, however, I never could get them working correctly. (too bright) Also.....for some odd reason, my GPS wouldn't work with the lights......Weird. Anyway, if you get it working, let me know.

light.10 = 5, -2.40, -3.75, -0.80, fx_Shockwave_landing_light // Shockwave light
    light.11 = 5, -2.40, 3.75, -0.80, fx_Shockwave_landing_light // Shockwave light

Cheers,

I saw in RealAir's FAQ's page that a Paint Kit will be released at a later date........but couldn't resist slinging some paint around this weekend. What a wonderful little plane...........just like all the other RealAir Aircraft!!!! (smile)

In my humble opinion...........they are the best in the GA department!!!!!!

I think it was Another developer that had a Lancair called "Plum Crazy" or something like that..............here's my take on the RealAir Version, since I'm plum crazy about this plane!!!!! (smile)

Just finishing up with this one, however, still tweaking here and there.

Cheers,

Will these two repaints be available for download?

Wow those are sharp! The purple one is interesting lol!

I really like the 2nd paint. Well done.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Will these two repaints be available for download?
    SH - Eventually......however, I'm still tweaking here and there.

I post my repaints over at OZx download areas, however, I won't post anything until after RealAir Simulations releases their paintkit. I may have painted things that will not be part of the paintkit; i.e., interior stuff..... and that can't be released as the painted version until I get approval from RealAir........or I decide to leave it out. Hope you understand.

If I start putting stuff out there that's not part of the "Official" paintkit........then when folks have problems etc., RealAir catchs all the junk from my screw-up. (smile)

Once I post, I'll add a note here also........by then, I may have a couple more ready.

Cheers,

I think the original "Plum Crazy" paint scheme was on an Eaglesoft Product. I think it was on their Lancair Columbia 400. Of course, that airplane, the real one, is now a Cessna product.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Me thinks its needs 357th paint!!! John!?? :salute:
    You have my curiosity piqued! What 357th do you mean? I flew for the 357th AS years ago so I am certain you mean back from the World War II era when they flew among other aircraft the P-51D, correct?

Just wanting to see if you have some other personal connection to that unit?

Ken

Back in the day, I always thought this aircraft was one of the most beautiful ever designed, and perhaps is the most beautiful designed for general aviation. It is a single engine speed demon! I am currently downloading this aircraft and am very much looking forward to giving it a go.

If RealAir captures the look, feel, sounds, and flying performance of the real aircraft, then this will be an enviable experience in FSX!

Ken

Wow! Very well done RealAir and Robert Young! I am very impressed by this airplane. The look and feel of it are truly special. The FDE has given me a highly realistic and positive experience. Little nuances like the dynamics of the vibrations inside the cockpit and the stall shudders are most well done! Stall characteristics are very realistic. The amount of p-effect and torque on takeoff roll requires a very realistic degree of rudder input in a manner that strikes me as fully realistic with a single engine high performance aircraft. It is not as much as with a high performance piston twin such as I am familiar with, but certainly more than I need for my Skyhawk and that seems like a plumb nailed result to me!

I am curious whether RealAir had the luxury of an actual Lancair Legacy owner to test the FDE and systems? Because it would not surprise me at all that they did and that having such a valuable input they truly listened and sweated the details to get it all right!

The integration of any Reality XP GNS 530 or 430 which you may have onhand is seemless and highly effective using the RealAir menu interface which pops up after initial installation to give you a chance to customize your aircraft. I chose all the most realistic settings except for castoring nosewheel as I find that many builder might opt for a direct linkage for nosewheel steering anyway and directional braking in FSX has always been way too twitchy compared to the real world.

If anyone is sitting on the fence then I highly recommend you get off the fence and purchase this aircraft. In my view it is well worth the price and well worth your time.

This is again a very well designed and crafted virtual aircraft for FSX!

Ken Stallings

357th FS/FG from WW2

A couple of friends talked me into getting this one. Never been that enamored of the little glass rockets, but I have to say that this plane has become a favorite in just a few short days. The cockpit and externals are superb. The extra features such as aircraft shake, especially during startup and shutdown, really add to the immersion factor. And the flight model is really very good. I find I need to hold right rudder on climb and left rudder on descent, just as I should, to keep the ball centered. It does a wicked accelerated stall! It's fast and a real pleasure to land. Exceptionally well done aircraft. I've always found that the A2A aircraft spoil me for most other addons, unless they bring something different (even quirky) to the game. This one is state of the art GA mainstream, but it is done so well it is hard not to just keep clicking on it in the aircraft selection screen.

Not many of my addons are still in my hangar, but this one will stay there for a long time. Very well done.

Directly from Lancair's website:

The only difference that I've spotted at a glance is the two blade propeller.But that's very nice , I didn't knew there's a military version of the Legacy.
    They might have a verrryy consistent POH

Lancair Mexican Navy livery can now be downloaded from Realair's website.
    Thank you, Realair

Members who have read this thread: 172