Realair Lancair Legacy out
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Realair Lancair Legacy out

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

YAY! off to download! :salute::mixedsmi: Luckily I had a $20 coupon for the P-51 so this week wont hurt quite so much LOL
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sooo... judging by the feature list, this is like the accusim of GA kit aircraft. Looks classy.

Just as I was getting to know the A2A Stang, Realair drops the Lancair.:mixedsmi:

Life is good.

Just finished my first flight and all I can say is..... Wow

More options,settings and realism thats onece again going to raise the bar and make even the best of the best seem weak.

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    ROFL!! I was just answering the other thread!!

I'm on the way!!
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

AWESOME!!!!!
    Matt

It flies great.

"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah it flies great. Other than set the initial settings to my liking ,I never even looked at the POH and I feel totally confortable flying it.
    I do not know what their special sauce is but nobody can make a plane spin like Realair. I initiated a accelerated stall at about 5000 agl and ateup alot of sky to get out of it. Pulled out about 2500. Thing is the spin felt totally natural,fluid and I was in total control.
    Frames on my aging I7,2.9ghz,Vista 64 maxed out settings are good. I am noticing some slower scenery draws and popping but even low and fast the fps is good and smooth. Cannot wait to see the nightime vr pit lighting.

Here's a few more pics... it's easily my favorite plane to date.

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

A brilliant product!

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Ahhh,Very hard to resist this one.Looks Sweet!!:salute:

Patrick

Me thinks its needs 357th paint!!! John!?? :salute:

I like that you can change the VC textures by simply editing the first line texture.cfg file, in the texture folder of the paint you want to alter, to a different VC texture folder. That's handy.
    Was hoping for a Paint Kit included with the download, but maybe 'soon'...

I'm tempted

I'm tempted.

I have the rest of RealAir's birds. looks really good.

Ben
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

Okay. I was really hesitant to buy it, since I just invested in the A2A P-51D.

No regrets after flying it for a couple hours.
    Like many others have already posted here, It really flies great.
    Did some basic aerobatic maneuvers, rolls and a few loops, and they seemed spot on.
    The sideslipping was so realistic, I never even gave it a second thought on an approach to HI01.
    It felt just right, especially the controlling decent rate. Least to me anyway.

The detailing is incredible.
    Right down to the minor scratches in the plexi canopy, the ones they get from being in the slipstream, and the way they reflect at certain angles to the sun.
    I noted how well the LCD panels looked just right, like they were backlit, including the default GPS.
    Instrument faces have great reflections.
    The instrument and panel lighting is wonderful, very immersive.

Sounds are top notch as usual, everything sounded great.
    If this is how a Lancair Legacy handles in the real world, I can see why so many pilots like them.
    Definitely worth the price. Already made this my default 'go to' plane for quick hops.

Attachment 66486Attachment 66485Attachment 66484

It looks 'realai(r)stic' from any angle.
    I have just a question: does the pilot wear those sunglasses all the time, including when flying at night?

Hi

Could anybody compare to the ORBX Lancair?

Thanks

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    Hi

Thanks

Roland
    ..To be honest, I am not sure that it can be compared to the ORBX Lancair...Two totally different aircraft versions modelled here.

The Orbx model is good, but not great. The RealityXP integration (which is of utmost importance to me, but may not matter to other people) in the Orbx aircraft isn't nearly as complete and seamless as it is in the Realair Legacy. Realair went over and above to make sure that their RXP integration gave users of the Unlimited GPS pack full customization.

The flight dynamics are no comparison. The Realair takes it by miles. They both offer HD textures, custom night lighting, but there is something about the realir Legacy that just makes it...well....One of the best single-engine GA aircraft ever made for any iteration of flightsim, ever. Total package is a work of art. If you have FSX, and fly GA, or even if you don't, this plane is a must-buy!
    Matt

what a plane

Hey Folks,

yes, totally agree, a nice, kind and not vicious, almost a dream machine.
    one day maybe, when winning the lotery...
    Have a look at the attached file, some painting ideas from Lancair.
    ENjoy &

Attachment 66503

Attachment 66504

Attachment 66505

Great package! The start-up and shutdown prop effects are truly unreal! Never before have they been so realistic, truly happy with the purchase. It's a shame that the real POH's are hard to come by, and change from kit to kit, as I'd really love more detail on weight/balance and other performance figures. But there's certainly enough in the included manual to fly it in a realistic manner. Great job RealAir!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    My goodness, its beautiful...

Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

It's amazing! The airplane rumbles, makes noises, ... It's actually the first airplane where I have turned OFF my accu-feel!!

Great stuff Realair!
    Philippe
    Student Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Ty89m View Post
    Great package! The start-up and shutdown prop effects are truly unreal! Never before have they been so realistic, truly happy with the purchase. It's a shame that the real POH's are hard to come by, and change from kit to kit, as I'd really love more detail on weight/balance and other performance figures. But there's certainly enough in the included manual to fly it in a realistic manner. Great job RealAir!

I have known and flown with a Doc who just bought his second Lancair for many years. I have not flown with him in his new pocket rocket in a few months but if I run across him I will see about maybe getting either some copies or find out where to get the current poh. I have maybe 30 hrs in the Lancair and find the real one more lively but that may have to do with FSX's thick air as I call it. I also know that ATC loses you just like the LongEz if you do not have the transponder on. Mini stealth plane!
    Also its kinda a kick in the pants when ATC tells you to slow up for a airliner thats ahead of you on approach. Heck his winglet is larger than your wingspan.

Edit- Btw the Lancair I am talking about is a 300 model that I am pretty sure has close to 350 horses. I have not even looked to see which one the Realair is modelled after.

After this release it really make me wish for the Siai Marchetti SF260 in this latest and greatest Quality

Well done REALAIR

Man just when ya think they have out done themselves with their Dukes...BAM

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    Hi

I own that one too... it was one of my favorites... until now hehe!

At lower level the Legacy is a bit faster, and can slow down a little easier. The IV-P takes the cake for higher altitude cruising.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Members who have read this thread: 172