How come

Thread: How come

Charter Member 09

How come

How come on my new loading of FSX, I now have a banner at the top and bottom of my picture?
    How come I have the radio settings on and the only time I can get rid of it is by hitting the ~ sign?
    How come the airplane doesn't show up when FSX starts?
    How come the airplane doesn't shrink or enlarge when I hit the plus or minus sign?
    How to you find something in the Library now? This new fangled SOH has me baffled.
    I've been trying to get the P4M and no luck
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post

How to you find something in the Library now? This new fangled SOH has me baffled.
    I've been trying to get the P4M and no luck
    It's pretty Google-like now. Go the Warbirds tab, where you'll see a white drop-down arrow (inverted triangle) - Click it once. A series of submenus appear - the old Warbirds archive (pre 2009 stuff), plus a bunch of different views. For example, if you want to see what was just uploaded, click "what's new".

In your case, click on "Search Warbirds" - to get this:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...?action=search

I typed in P4M into where the "Search Text" box ... and found (what I'm thinking is) the P4M by Dave Wooster.

What's good about this is that you can narrow your search over on the right - by sim platform (FS2004, FSX, CFS2, etc.) and within that, the types of files within each (aircraft, sounds, effects, etc.). In this case, there is only one P4M in the whole library, so it didn't matter that you just searched the whole of it. B

ut if you were you were searching for say, all content available for F-100 Sabre in FSX, then you'd type Sabre under search, but limit your search under "search categories" to FSX - Addons. That queries all FSX stuff and brings up the SOH base pack and a repaint by DaveQ.

But say, you were after just the repaint, you'd type Sabre in your search, and limit your search categories to FSX-Addons and then underneath that select FSX - Skins - then all that would come up is DaveQ's repaint.

The good thing about this system is that it's good if you want to browse generally, or search specifically. I'd say the interface selections are a bit small to read for some, and require a bit of scrolling to really narrow things down - but it's a MASSIVE enhancement to the library over what it was, and kudos to Rami and company for updating this.

Hope that helps.

Charter Member 09
    Thanks a lot. It was a great help and I got my P4M OK.
    Now for the rest of my questions, does anybody have an answer ?
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

It sounds as if your settings have been reset, both for FSX and the video card ?
    Did you get a computer crash recently ?

maybe some auto-update got you?

It is the Facebook gods....You have angered them... You must pay.....
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittpilot View Post
    It is the Facebook gods....You have angered them... You must pay.....
    Now Now Wittpilot don't be stirring that dried cow patty. I don't have any use for Facebook either....LOL

RD

Members who have read this thread: 122