A little off topic, but was impressed!

Thread: A little off topic, but was impressed!

A little off topic, but was impressed!

Although this photo was taken on Jan 01, 2012, on arrival at Ottawa this morning, I saw one of these take off. Can I hear you say LOUD!!!

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/pho...ntonov-an-124/

Would love to have a paint of this. I know Thomas Ruth did the An-124, but anybody know if this paint is out there anywhere? Looks like a 20th anniversary of the airline.
    Matt

Don't know about the Thomas Ruth An-124, but this scheme is available as part of an AI packs at RATS. Hope that helps.
    Andy

Thanks, at least I can have it as AI at CYOW!
    Matt

I'm not certain, but I believe there's a repaint of that available on Avsim.ru for Ruth's model. It might require a little digging to find...but it does look familiar.

An-124s used to come into Philadelphia Intl here on a regular basis, as they were contracted to transport choppers overseas from the Boeing Vertol plant just adjacent to PHL airport. They're quit a sight to behold. It's like standing next to a mountain with wings. Very cool...
    -Mark

they're reasonably regularly seen at another nearby airport here (EMA, EGNX, East Midlands Airport) also have it's Big Sister travelling through from time to time, i remember being at Donnington the once on a track day, was stood on the Grass having a smoke and saw the -225's huge silhouette on approach... even to this day, after that experience i looove the -225, wonder how they're getting on with their plans to get another few made? anyone heard any news about it recently?

Hmmm, several textures are available, but no 20th anniversary as in the pic... Oh well, can come close!
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by aeronca1 View Post
    Hmmm, several textures are available, but no 20th anniversary as in the pic... Oh well, can come close!
    Aeronca..... if i can free up time by the weekend i'll take a look at it :salute:

THANKS!!!!!!!
    Matt

was just about to say i had just started the paintkit for the -124..... last weekend kinda got clogged up, looking good so far for the next 2 weeks being free!

Awesome, but what else can I expect from a guy with that name!
    Matt

well underway, getting there slowly now.....

well...... time to check it in sim.....

EDIT @ 1318GMT: Just Uploaded for all your pleasure, there were a few mapping oddities found so i had to compensate for them, but otherwise she's good to go! :salute:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!
    Matt

Members who have read this thread: 83