A2A P-51 IS HERE! - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A2A P-51 IS HERE!

Do not attempt a takeoff before applying at least 6 degrees of rudder trim to the right. I usually set 6.5°.
    Also, do not push the engine to the max. Set the RPM to 65%, set the MP to something like 25 and start rolling. Then push gently the MP to 30, then 35 progressively, depending on the behavior of the plane. Let it accelerate a bit before you increase the power, it will be easier to control.

And if starting from C&D situation, remember to unlock the control surfaces.
    Mike

Fantastic Product,The best addition to FSX I've ever installed. Love It!!!

Patrick

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinM View Post
    Let me recap this.

You suggest to hold back the stick to keep tail down. To lock and unlock the tail-wheel on P51 according to my knowledge is pushing stick forward to release lock and pull to lock. more you push forward more you reduce friction. Am I right?

Leaving stick centered should give me a proper friction on tail-wheel to hold centerline until airspeed is good for rotation.

I might be wrong

Cheers
    Martin
    Scott was saying that you want to keep the stick aft to keep the tail wheel locked for you initial roll out. Since you do not have much rudder authority at lower speeds the steerable tailwheel gives you a little bit of control to keep her straight on the runway. As you build up speed you slowly release the back pressure and eventually the tail will come up on her own and she will gently fly off the runway.. Also remember gentle application of power. Running it up to about 40" MP, and then throughout the roll increasing it to 55" (100 octane) or 61" (130 octane). As long as you are not pushing the stick forward to force the tail up though you should be good.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Yes, these are good suggestions for the takeoff roll and they work. It is possible to do a nice straight roll with the correct techniques. I am quite pleased to have this beautiful airplane so accurately modeled. As a RW pilot, one of the things that bugs me about most FSX aircraft is how ridiculously easy it is to do a straight takeoff roll in most tailwheel airplanes regardless of wind conditions. With this A2A bird, you feel like you have the stick of a Mustang in your hand, harnessing all that horsepower, not the yoke of a 172. :-)

playing around with Paint Kit files :salute:

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    playing around with Paint Kit files :salute:

Me too still working on the spec and alphas.

Attachment 66530

Great job so far guys. Mike ill ask martin when I see him re: paintkit. Also now I'm just about all caught up (moved house so you guys got this release beofre me!) i can look at paintkit and see if i can cut it down for your particular situation.

Also, again tonight A2A Simulations will be appearing on digital themepark for a 'fireside chat'. These events prove to be extremely popular and all manner of bit and bobs tends to get discussed. Tonigth the theme will of course be the Accu-sim Mustang though general A2A happenings will also be talked about + the normal Q&A from the audience.

EVENT: A2A Scott and Cody discuss Accu-Sim P-51
    TOPIC: Accu-Sim P-51 Mustang
    TIME: June 1st, 5pm PST, 8pm EST, 0100 GMT (one night only)

More details can be found on our forums;
    http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...p?f=23&t=30032

cheers,
    Lewis - A2A Simulations
    (I will try to be there tonight, but timezone differance and heavily pregnant girlfriend can make it difficult! )

Is there a way to disable or quickly remove the glass fogging effect? Its getting annoying. Just going from 6 to 3 grand caused a full whiteout except for the front. Moving the speed and temp controls around never seemed to do anything. Ended up slowing down to 150, opening the canopy and landing.

Yes. Open the fresh air vents, on the floor, just to right of the seat. The fogged up glass will clear.

I recall a speed on the left floor and temp on the other iirc. I then opened the canopy then closed it and it was still fogged over. Thats about as much fresh air as you can get. Its almost like the effect was stuck.
    I will try again next flight and experiment.

Charter Member 2011
    think he means the one below the fuel gauge (have to admit, i've only just seen it!!)

Also, this paint is now available

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...a-p51d-ang803/
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

I'm working on a texture update that gives a more metallic look to the WoP3 P-51D.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Defogging is discussed in the familiarization video. Can't remember exactly what was said about it. I believe the button on the floor in front of the left side of the seat is the one you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ICDP View Post
    I'm working on a texture update that gives a more metallic look to the WoP3 P-51D.
    looking forward for this :salute:

:ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by MartinM View Post
    I got mine yesterday

The first flight ended up in the green. I have no clue why, but on take off the P51 had a drag to the left which, no matter how much rudder i applied still turned left all the time. I took the P51D from warbirdsim and I had no issues.

I tried three times and the A2A P51 would not do the takeoff run straight. Rudder had zero effect on drag left. Bug or feature?
    Have you removed the control locks? They can be found behind the control stick on the floor.
    Happy Flying
    - Patrick

What a wonderful aircraft!

Attachment 66704 Attachment 66703

Attachment 66702 Attachment 66705

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

What Stiz is showing. That is the fresh air control. Just crack it open a little, the canopy will clear in a bit.

The plane rocks seriously ! Well done A2A and beta-testers

Customer repaints have started appearing across at our forums, so dont forget to have a look if int he market for some different clothes for 'yer horse

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...0779b3ec535e81

Blog Entries
    True to form this aircraft is nothing less than INCREDIBLE as are all the A2A Accusim aircraft. This is brings FSX up to a whole new level of enjoyment!!!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Charter Member 2012
    That's fantastic... almost ready?

Members who have read this thread: 283