A2A P-51 IS HERE! - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A2A P-51 IS HERE!

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar
    Cold Cockpit is fixed after an reinstall
    GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "

..and me stuck in the south of France with a six year old laptop....

but it works...

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

W-O-W!!! Missed this yesterday,Off to download now,Great suprise!

Patrick

This thing is awesome! Love the atteintion to detail and even the realism! Thanks A2A!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

How does it compare to Warbirdsim P-51D?

Accu-Sim ME109 next, pls.

Master of Disaster
    I have both products. Comparisons of the two often don't go very well here. Both have there own merits and I see them as seperate. Both have been lovingly and respectfully created. I support both A2A and warbirdsim by purchasing their products. The A2A Stang is about the accusim, that and the model are an awesome work of art. Warbirdsim's Stangs are about the the diffrent types of Stangs and the small details are AMAZING! The amount of detail and paints available for Warbirdsim's Stangs make it well worth the money.

Both take attention to detail to fly successfully. I would have to say that it's about personal taste, and what you are looking for. I'm happy to have both in my hanger!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Hey simulation fans,

Our webspace is currently down. Techies working on it at the moment. Will be back ASAP armed with the 'stang paintkit and some stunning repaints from Martin 'ICDP'

cheers,
    Lewis

Agreed with Mud, it is difficult to compare the two. I don't have the Warbirdsim Mustang but judging from the screeshots, John does an absolute wonderful job in detailing all the subtle differences of the various models. Combine it with Accu-Feel and you no doubt have a winner. His upcomming P-39 is definitely on my 'buy' list.

The A2A Musting is a work of art too, and it is accusim. If you have other accusim birds, then you know what that means and what it entails.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2012
    I have the whole set of Warbirdsim products and now the A2A P-51. Both will be firm favourites for a long time to come.

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    I have the whole set of Warbirdsim products and now the A2A P-51. Both will be firm favourites for a long time to come.
    Dito :salute:
    GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "

Same here Warbirdsim,A2A big fan whatever they put out is on the must have list. Both groups put out really well done bug free products.

Warbird Sim and A2A need to get together on this. It would be a killer product.

Paint Kit and Martin's (ICDP) Skin pack posted.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...p?f=93&t=29843

Bring on those repaints :salute:
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

With regard to the question on A2A & Warbirdsim mustangs I think MudMarine put it well. I'll just throw my 2 cents in for a slightly different perspective.

I own the Warbirdsim packages but do not yet have the A2A mustang. I personally like the fact that Warbirdsim includes the B/C models of the mustang, which I really like. I think the modelling and textures on both A2A and Warbirdsim are excellent.

I'm one who still struggles to peel away time for simming and accusim is mostly frustrating for me. My first accusim model was the P-40 and I just haven't had the time to really get to know how to fly it.

I enjoy just being able to get up in the air and enjoy the sights and sounds without having to worry about smoking the engine and ending my flight. For that reason I'll probably stick with the Warbirdsim mustangs. The accusim 'stang will have to wait until I retire and have a lot more time on my hands.

ICDP....can we get this skin? A nice clean "shiny" skin is what I like to fly.......

Attachment 66434

Quote Originally Posted by c87 View Post
    With regard to the question on A2A & Warbirdsim mustangs I think MudMarine put it well. I'll just throw my 2 cents in for a slightly different perspective.

I enjoy just being able to get up in the air and enjoy the sights and sounds without having to worry about smoking the engine and ending my flight. For that reason I'll probably stick with the Warbirdsim mustangs. The accusim 'stang will have to wait until I retire and have a lot more time on my hands.
    When I was in my fifties and looking forward to my retirement, I kept telling myself also that "I would have a lot more time on my hands" to really do what I enjoy the most...
    Well, reality sometimes suggests that you may have less due to all the things that have been put off for so long in waiting for that golden age which most of us strive for...

I have accusimmed the P-40, the Spitfire and B-17 and realized later that I don't really have the inclination to dig so deeply into those planes that I like and appreciate up to a point which is equal to a lot of other beautiful planes available out there. I rarely if ever fly any of them anymore and will remove the accusim to get them back where they belong, up in the clouds...

I just bought A2A's P-51D which is to my taste, on par with Warbirdsim's Little Friends package but did not Accusim it this time for the above reason. I just want to fly and enjoy and have been switching between the two with great pleasure...
    I guess "Accufeel" provides enough additional thrills to satisfy my craving for flying...

I think that getting involved deeply with a plane requires to have a special interest either in real flying (I'm no pilot) or a special bond with a particular plane for whatever reason which belongs to the person who has this particular passion for that plane. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the next accusimed plane that will fly my part of the sim sky will be the Bf-109 E. I will surely find appropriate to divert what time is available for that plane only...

Well, that was my 2 cents worth for this time !

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    ICDP....can we get this skin? A nice clean "shiny" skin is what I like to fly.......
    That paint is included in the skin pack

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

roger that....thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    roger that....thanks!!
    If you prefer them even shinier let me know and I can send you a couple of files to increase the shine/reflectivity.

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    That paint is included in the skin pack

Greetings
    Tim
    Yes there are a few good repaints in that pack.

Quote Originally Posted by ICDP View Post
    If you prefer them even shinier let me know and I can send you a couple of files to increase the shine/reflectivity.

Actually...the skin looks good. Thank you very much!

Just Picked up a Copy Cant wait to fly it:salute:
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

I got mine yesterday

The first flight ended up in the green. I have no clue why, but on take off the P51 had a drag to the left which, no matter how much rudder i applied still turned left all the time. I took the P51D from warbirdsim and I had no issues.

I tried three times and the A2A P51 would not do the takeoff run straight. Rudder had zero effect on drag left. Bug or feature?

Cheers
    Martin

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinM View Post
    I got mine yesterday

The first flight ended up in the green. I have no clue why, but on take off the P51 had a drag to the left which, no matter how much rudder i applied still turned left all the time. I took the P51D from warbirdsim and I had no issues.

I tried three times and the A2A P51 would not do the takeoff run straight. Rudder had zero effect on drag left. Bug or feature?

Cheers
    Martin
    There has been an issue with the rudder authority talked about over on their forum. I have not flown it yet, so no personal experience with it. However I would recommend making sure that you have your trim set correctly, and that you hold slight back pressure on the stick to keep your tail down until you have sufficient airspeed. As it almost sounds like you could have no rudder authority from just to low of an airspeed.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    There has been an issue with the rudder authority talked about over on their forum. I have not flown it yet, so no personal experience with it. However I would recommend making sure that you have your trim set correctly, and that you hold slight back pressure on the stick to keep your tail down until you have sufficient airspeed. As it almost sounds like you could have no rudder authority from just to low of an airspeed.
    Let me recap this.

You suggest to hold back the stick to keep tail down. To lock and unlock the tail-wheel on P51 according to my knowledge is pushing stick forward to release lock and pull to lock. more you push forward more you reduce friction. Am I right?

Leaving stick centered should give me a proper friction on tail-wheel to hold centerline until airspeed is good for rotation.

I might be wrong

Cheers
    Martin

Members who have read this thread: 283