Just when you thought the fun was over ....

Thread: Just when you thought the fun was over ....

Just when you thought the fun was over ....

Here's an invite to all of you .... It's for a little workshop I've been putting together ... mainly mark your calendars for now as you will read.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...-2012-Event%29

I will post links to any and all updates and subsequent posts here, but to keep down the traffic on this forum, you may contact me as a reply there or in a PM here.

It just might be that Flight 19 has a little something to announce soon as well .... never know.

Cheers,
    salt_air

Details for the Part 1 Event ...

I have started a second of three threads on this two part event.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...er-open-waters

If anyone is having difficulty finding times free to match the posted times for the events let me know ... we'll work something out ... special session .... trade a few emails with answers to questions ... Home School, eh?

The whole "sha bang" is more of a tutorial or Q&A session that an event .... no scores ... everybody wins.

This is a very interesting Top Secret nav system that the US Navy actually used during WW II .... and it has been brilliantly modeled to operate the same way in FS.

It will be a milestone and a must have tool for any of us that are fascinated with how early pilots found their way.
    salt_air

Got my ZB receiver from the supply depot. Screwed it into my Grumman TBF-1C. Flew around to look for some carriers. Found em! They said I can't leave it in the plane when I go home for the day, so I took with me. I guess I'll have to sleep with it too.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

First off as a special note for all of the fellow members here at SOH as well as occasional guests from other websites that participate in the great events that are hosted here ....

If you are unable to make any of the sessions mentioned in this thread ... for whatever reason ... but are genuinely interested in learning just how all this works, then simply download and install .... as per included instructions all of the content in:

ye-zb5_db.zip ...... for FS9

yezb_fsx_db.zip ... for FSX

Get as far along as you can and find me here or at FlightSim in a PM or even a post to this thread with any issues questions or any general "crap" you may run into.

It is NOT necessary to be present at any of these particular sessions for you to be able to "pick up" on what will be covered.

This is just an offering from me to help out in an online "classroom" if you will.

Not all of you have been online or are just uncomfortable with connecting and that's fine, that won't and shouldn't hurt you. (won't help you either ..

An online session of any kind is the best way to cover a lot of ground when trying to communicate ideas or make any sort of demonstration.

It will reduce the learning curve .... it's a way to cut down on how long it takes to "get it".

In that live environment you can learn in an hour or less what would take you days by yourself .... questions are answered and nailed down right there on the spot so you can easily move on .... can't be beat.

This is, and will be part, of several ongoing lessons, tutorials, training, whatever you want to call it, to try to bring into our future historical or vintage events all of what has been made available to us in various online libraries.

These terrific models will allow us all to recreate not only sceneries, aircraft, inside prior real world events, but will afford us the ability to navigate in these events with the same period specific instruments that would have been be available.

"As real as it gets" takes on more and more meaning with each offering that is developed and uploaded.

Now with that said .. for those that plan to attend tomorrow or Sunday:

Reminder that this is a FS9 event.

A subsequent event may be hosted at a later date for those who no longer have FS9 installed.

This is a simple list of what will be needed for tomorrow and/or Sunday:

Have downloaded and installed everything in the ye-zb5_db.zip found here:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/conten...ght&fid=162240

You will definitely need a hard copy of the "Wheel" or have it's image opened and handy in a window.

Attachment 66579

Have an easy to read Morse Code Chart within reach ... or preferably be somewhat fluent in Morse Code.

That's up to you ... it just makes things more realistic and smoother, but the chart, if easy to get to and read, will suffice.

If you have installed the receiver in any other aircraft, please post what aircraft that is so the rest of us can find textures for it and be able to see you in it.

If it's a payware aircraft then just make sure you join the session in one of the aircraft included in the zip ... then change planes after a successful connection ... that same procedure will need to be followed if for some reason connection is lost and you have to reconnect.

"Report to" :

TS3 at fsmpa.hopto.org on either day tomorrow or Sunday at 1945 ZULU ... I'll greet you in the default channel ... do a test connection there anytime you want before hand ... make sure you are NOT using a voice activated mic.

I'll be on a little early getting set up if you need any last minute help.

From the password protected briefing room that you will enter upon connecting, we will proceed to Training at an undisclosed airport on a password protected MP session who's location is TBD.

Hope to see you there.
    salt_air