Milviz F-86
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-86

Nice!

Ben
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

Good grief...and what point has fs just simply gone too far?? Holy moly, the detail in those textures is incredible.

Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    Good grief...and what point has fs just simply gone too far?? Holy moly, the detail in those textures is incredible.

Joseph
    To quote Ferris Bueller,"You can never go too far!"

I know those are rendered shots too, not actual in FSX ones, but still, can I just pre-order right now?

I LOVE RIVETS!!
    Attachment 66140

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    To quote Ferris Bueller,"You can never go too far!"

I know those are rendered shots too, not actual in FSX ones, but still, can I just pre-order right now?
    These are not renders. That's exactly how it will look in FSX

I'd like to see some close-up shots of a real F-86 just to compare the model to. I stand to be corrected, but is the riveting maybe a little bit over done ? Technically its quite an accomplishment, but they seem a little bit too prominent for what was flush-riveted construction.

And no, this is not rivet counting. Its an observation and query.

I would have to say that MilViz has taken bump mapping to a whole new level. The detail is amazing and my only concern (for those who do purchase it) might be the drag it might cause on lesser systems. Time will tell. I would also have to say that I did some minor work on the Cavenaugh Museums F-86 around 2008 and the rivets (for obvious reasons) are flush and not at all as prominent as they are on this model. These appear to be domed rivets. . . .not what the skins on the '86 are applied with. Still, it does make for a very impressive rendering.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

KC asked me to post this....

We know about the rivets being flush. This will be fixed before it goes into FSX by Gunnar.

FPS should also be good on lower end systems due to some tweaks we found to improve performance.
    -JB

Looks real nice but in general I would buy this and redo the normal maps.
    Will the slatted long winged -40 type wing be made also, as seen on JASDF and later RNoAF aircraft?

Best
    Dag

Um....I did post above stating that the intensity would be reduced so the rivets will become more flat....
    -JB

Thanks. Also have a look at the size of the stencilled text, they look too big and prominent.

Best
    DagR

I actually think the opposite to be honest, I love all the stencilling lol.
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

The Milviz model looks stunning. I've pointed to the 'bumped' rivets because it will be a pitty to have such an error to this beautiful and very detailed model. Also mind that I've used 'flush rivets' term, not ' bump', so I've seen the commnent with ' too bumped at the moment' , but for me, as long as 'bumped' does not equals 'flushed', my comment stays.
    If you are familiar with LSP (Large Scale Planes) forums, then the term ' mad Trumpeter riveter' might tell you smth.
    All I want is correct, detailed and complex planes and I must congratulate Milviz again for raising the level of complexity ( at least visual, up to now) with their new F-86.I know that I'm asking much, but also I am ready to pay for it and I'll never comment about price.
    Lots of money goes also in hardware to keep with the raising levels of detail and functionality, so I don't understand people that keeps whining about performance with every new release after hoping for a miracle: it's eccentrical to race today with a 1914 sportcar, but if you want to win...

Quote Originally Posted by mohawk3 View Post
    Lots of money goes also in hardware to keep with the raising levels of detail and functionality, so I don't understand people that keeps whining about performance with every new release after hoping for a miracle: it's eccentrical to race today with a 1914 sportcar, but if you want to win...
    I am still working on some features which i dont know whether they will affect performance or not (more than likely will take a couple frames down) but so far framerates wise (if i remove the frame limiter on my setup) it is runs well over the 40-50 fps range on my non overclocked system. Thanks to some new techniques i mastered i can now optimise things much more easily and to a much higher level. So we are doing what we can to allow it to run on old setups
    -JB

I know that one of the main developer's concern is performance over detail relationship

Thats good to hear. I know they make great screenshots but all that detail is worthless to me if sim performance is reduced. In my case even one frame seeing that I rarely other than watching landing replays even look at external shots. Maybe a new trend will be 2 models, one thats super detailed and one thats for better performance. I know I have some models that offer low res and even though u the increase is usually small, with fast movers every little bit helps as they are demanding on scenery draw rates.
    But yeah. LOOKS INCREDIBLE. If a aircraft is a real winner even though my computer and FSX dreads it, I will make exceptions and start moving sliders left!

Wow, has development come a long ways or what. The F-86 is a real favorite of mine. The detail will probably slow down some machines but if it is anything like the F-15E it won't be much. There is always P3D for performance as well. I will bet this baby will fly fantastic in Prepar3D. Thanks for the preview.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I have no doubt that in 1-2 years many of us shall fly in P3D.Better performance, stability, support-and not from MS but from Lockheed(!)- all that in a professional flightsimming platform.The evolution of FSX in P3D and ease of integration on FSX add-ons to P3D brings also benefits to our developers.

We learned a few lessons on the E....has about 3/4's of the textures that the Eagle E has and no glass(and my coding skills improved quite a bit...). We will also offer a half size texture set and a version with no bumps in the VC(which is sad because they are so nice....). The F-86 should work in Pr3D but possibly not the weapons... if we have weapons. Might either wait for TACPAC or do them myself since the previous system cant be adjusted to fit the Sabre....
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    These are not renders. That's exactly how it will look in FSX
    LOL! Semantics.
    By my definition, when something is obviously being displayed in an external program, not actually in sim, I'll personally still consider it a rendered image, okay?
    But you boys over at Milviz, you feel free to call it whatever you want. LOL.
    Give you all an A+ for enthusiasm.
    BTW, I really do hope now it looks exactly like that in FSX, because I love it!

Charter Member 2015
    Apologies for mentioning this..but re-check the spelling on a few of the stencils eg above the FU code on the rear fuselage. I'm guessing it was an Easter Egg.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

we will go over all of them and make sure the spelling is correct... of course, that might take a week or two...
    -JB

"OMG"! (as they say) It'll probably have a flight model that's as good as the T-38. And the VC will probably be at least as good. Yeah, I'm getting this one. Is it done yet?
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 208