Milviz F-86 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-86

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

the vc is pretty darn awesome, as well

Simply astonishing WIP, VC shots please?
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

If you ask, you shall receive: http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1589

Funny...no one has yet to ask for shots in FSX...HINT HINT!

WOW!
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Thank you guys for the comments. They are well received by all of us at Milviz... While I will not officially comment on things such as the future (Prepar3d and the like). All that stuff is in the talking stage, but we are looking toward areas we may go in the future. For the near term though we are firmly rooted in FSX. Although I have been debating getting Prepar3d for my personal use to play with... That screen of Norfolk, VA almost has me sold....

Back to the F-86 though there will be much more to come on that. Still heavily involved in coding. I myself am flying another revision (hopefully the last) of the B-55. So that is pretty much short term stuff you guys can expect from us. Jon may be kind and show you guys some screens in FSX. If not I will when I get my hands on it I promise. Happy Memorial Day from us also in case I do not get a chance to say so else wise. Especially to those that have served in the years past, and most importantly to those that have given their lives so we can enjoy the life that we have today. :USA-flag:
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    If you ask, you shall receive: http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1589

Funny...no one has yet to ask for shots in FSX...HINT HINT!
    I meant screenshots, not the original bird! Kudos to Dmitriy, that's some of the very best modelling and texturing I've ever seen.

And I'll bite, FSX screenshots please!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

It appears to be quilted. Those rivets should be flush and not nearly so noticeable. This is THE F86, unfortunately not yet for FSX.Attachment 66173

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    It appears to be quilted. Those rivets should be flush and not nearly so noticeable. This is THE F86, unfortunately not yet for FSX.
    We are going back over the bump maps and reducing the boldness of the rivets if you will.. As you say jets are built with counter sunk rivets, and as such should not appear like it is built using button heads like the bumps would believe. Excellent painting though of an F-86 going vertical. Got to love doing that in fighter jets.
    Steve

Rivits or no rivits, I'm giddy over the fact a native F-86 in on the way! Make it soon!!!!

Guys thanks for comments...about rivets dont worry...I all will be fix...so it is not problem

I try once more, will there be a model with the -40 long slatted wing as used by the JASDF and retrofitted to many others like for instance the RNoAF?
    Many countries also modified theirs (Luftwaffe/RNoAF) with Martin Baker Mk.5 seats but this involved modifying the canopy rail so that it slopes upwards when the canopy rolls past and clears the seat top. Can this be done ?

PS: Vc looks superb but the torn arm rests are a bit over the top, don't you think...... ?

Best
    DagR

Quote Originally Posted by DagR View Post

PS: Vc looks superb but the torn arm rests are a bit over the top, don't you think...... ?
    I would agree with that. And Oldendirt's observation about quilting too. Is there a danger of going too far and making a front-line fighter in service with a major air force look like an abandoned derelict awaiting restoration ? 'More' is not always better.

Quote Originally Posted by Geomitrak View Post
    I would agree with that. And Oldendirt's observation about quilting too. Is there a danger of going too far and making a front-line fighter in service with a major air force look like an abandoned derelict awaiting restoration ? 'More' is not always better.
    I completely agree with that:salute:

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    I think you guys would be surprised at how some war time aircraft look. Especially in these current budgetary times. Pilot/aircrew comfort items are the last thing on the list of important parts to order. Granted I think before that arm rest got that bad someone would have taken it to the paraloft shop and had a piece of leather sewn over the initial tear, but that is besides the point.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by DagR View Post
    I try once more, will there be a model with the -40 long slatted wing as used by the JASDF and retrofitted to many others like for instance the RNoAF?
    Many countries also modified theirs (Luftwaffe/RNoAF) with Martin Baker Mk.5 seats but this involved modifying the canopy rail so that it slopes upwards when the canopy rolls past and clears the seat top. Can this be done ?

Best
    DagR
    Since no one else has answered your question, I'll respond, but I'm just a beta tester. Colin hasn't said anything so far about retrofitting this model to reflect the standard of numerous foriegn air forces. He may, but right now his modelling and coding team has had their hands full with one version.

As far as arm rests being a little over the top, even airliners get torn up arm rests. Of course we write them up when they get really torn up, but sometimes we just go ahead and keep flying with them that way if getting them replaced is going to take too long and jack up the schedule, or we may not even be at a maintenance hub that even has a new arm rest. Then we'll write them up at a more opportunistic time.

I do agree with you that the torn arm rest texturing should be toned down, though. Worn is OK, but the really torn up look doesn't translate well in fs models (my opinion, not Milviz official by any means).

Torn armrests...

....I saw that too-- it's almost like the F-86 has been made into a testbed for effects. I didn't get too upset over the armrests and the other items-- perhaps we can get some of the cockpit details included in a paint kit so that we can tone things down as desired? Or perhaps just give us a set of cockpit textures that are new....

Just a thought-- cause the airplane looks good-- like everything else you guys have put out...

Kent

P.S. Too bad they didn't use baggage pods in those days!!!!! (Snicker)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    I think you guys would be surprised at how some war time aircraft look. Especially in these current budgetary times. Pilot/aircrew comfort items are the last thing on the list of important parts to order. Granted I think before that arm rest got that bad someone would have taken it to the paraloft shop and had a piece of leather sewn over the initial tear, but that is besides the point.
    Pilot comfort and safety is a number one priority in a modern air arm, anything else is rubbish. You do not send people to war unless they have the best possible gear, at least that's the philosophy of our air force. But that is besides the point.

Best
    DagR

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    P.S. Too bad they didn't use baggage pods in those days!!!!! (Snicker)
    LOL !!!

Best
    DagR

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    Since no one else has answered your question, I'll respond, but I'm just a beta tester. Colin hasn't said anything so far about retrofitting this model to reflect the standard of numerous foriegn air forces. He may, but right now his modelling and coding team has had their hands full with one version.

As far as arm rests being a little over the top, even airliners get torn up arm rests. Of course we write them up when they get really torn up, but sometimes we just go ahead and keep flying with them that way if getting them replaced is going to take too long and jack up the schedule, or we may not even be at a maintenance hub that even has a new arm rest. Then we'll write them up at a more opportunistic time.

I do agree with you that the torn arm rest texturing should be toned down, though. Worn is OK, but the really torn up look doesn't translate well in fs models (my opinion, not Milviz official by any means).
    Roger that, fully understood ;-) Thanks and do not get me wrong, the aircraft inside and out looks superb !

Best
    DagR

Dag...

....aircrew comfort--that couldn't POSSIBLY be true in the RoNAF-- they retired the F-5s from frontline service!!!! (REALLY miss RoNAF F-5Bs in particular...).

I have a book "Tiger Meet" and it is about the 1985 Tiger Meet at Kliene Brogel...beautiful RoNAF F-5B-- and Tiger helmet to match! Any AF that flew F-104s and F-5s can't be bad!

K

The sabre looks great!

This is knida off topic, but since we're on sabres may as well ask. Would you guys consider doing an FJ-4 Fury?

-jp

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I think this model sets a new standard for detail and will certainly buy it.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    One thing struck me: is the windshield frame not a bit too ‘flat’, i.e. elliptic instead of circular? I can imagine that the frame is a bit flattened at the top, but in photo’s I have seen it definitely looks more circular. A good photo is on page 3 of Aviation Classics Volume 9 (published in 2011) which is dedicated to the Sabre. I have only the digital edition so I cannot reproduce the photo here.<o></o>
    Of course, it could also be the perspective from which the screenshots are taken. By the way: he fact that the windshield frame does not make a 90 degree angle with the fuselage (so that the canopy ‘bulges outwards’ a bit) is quite good, as far as I know.

ARMRESTS

A quote from Krazycolin on the Milviz Beta Testers Forum:

''we will "fix" the armrest...''

I just want to take the time to say something about Krazycolin. He's not just a great model builder, he's a great guy at running a team. The Beta Testers Forum is an awesome place to interact, especially when everyone is in the groove on a model. It flows really well, Colin is a great facilitator, and he LISTENS to people. I hope you guys will always keep that in mind when you see something that you don't like on an early stage and rough version model.

No longer active
    IMHO it's about time that the SOH staff lets Colin back into the SOH forum!!!

Members who have read this thread: 208