OT- Possesed mouse??

Thread: OT- Possesed mouse??

Charter Member 2011

OT- Possesed mouse??

ok the last couple of days my mouse has been drifting across the screen of its own accord, i've tried reinstalling the drivers, useing different USB ports, i even tried my old mouse but even that does it. Its been working just fine up till now and i havent changed anything, they even do it when i turn em upside down :isadizzy: :isadizzy:

mice in question = logitech MX518 and microsoft comfort optical mouse 3000
    OS = Win7

makes doing anything that involves the mouse rudy hard!!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Both optical ?
    Try replacing/cleaning the object/place where your mouse moves

I had my optical mouse on a simple sheet of paper. After some weeks, the movements of th mouse had modified the paper texture, so that the optical system lost any precision ! Replacing the sheet of paper (and eventually buying a real mouse base) solved the issue

Do you have a joystick/gamepad installed as well as your mouse? If so unplug it/them and see if that cures your issues. Sometimes those items have a pseudo mouse function (like the mini joystick on my X52) and that can cause your mouse to drift at times especially if something is leaning against the button/control.
    Larry

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    Do you have a joystick/gamepad installed as well as your mouse? If so unplug it/them and see if that cures your issues. Sometimes those items have a pseudo mouse function (like the mini joystick on my X52) and that can cause your mouse to drift at times especially if something is leaning against the button/control.
    that was it, unpluged my X52 and everythings back to normanl!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

I had that when I had an X-52, it took an age to realise it was the thumb mouse switch on the throttle which was worn and hung down some. Being such a small switch it was easy to overlook.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I had a similar issue once. The mouse would go to a click place and click on something. Sent shivers up my spine. Only happened on Facebook and was going on for a couple of days. Someone was able to hack my computer when I was on that site and were clicking on things. They must have had access to my screen.

In my case, it was my firewall and a change of password that fixed it.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

For a mouse pad go to Walmart and buy the small white cutting board for 3 bucks. I do a lot of mouse work painting planes for developers and I needed a slick pad that worked and tracked well and the cutting board does the trick.

I am trying to find the most comfortable mouse for large hands and not having much luck. I just bought a Logitech M110 and it is too small. It has to be wireless as well because that wire drags the mouse down at times.

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    I am trying to find the most comfortable mouse for large hands and not having much luck. I just bought a Logitech M110 and it is too small. It has to be wireless as well because that wire drags the mouse down at times.
    Have you considered a TrackBall instead, no need for a mat and good for large mits.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

A long time ago I did try one but could not get used to it. I might try it again though.

Members who have read this thread: 64