Helldiver - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Helldiver

with that said, drool away!

another update...no comments?

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Looks great so far!

If I may speak for Helldiver , please hurry , he ain't getting any younger ! :USA-flag: :birthday2

Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    Looks great so far!

If I may speak for Helldiver , please hurry , he ain't getting any younger ! :USA-flag: :birthday2
    None of us are.....

Charter Member 2012
    It will be great to have a different aircraft - im so Mustanged out at the moment!!:isadizzy:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

That is a nice looking bird! I look forward to it

And as for the old-timer facebookfear.... Guys, its absolutely fine... You don't need to add much info if any, and 99% of it can stay private, you don't even need your real name! Relax... As for facebook now causing 30% of all divorce? Yeah ok... but I suspect the people caught would have been caught using another medium if it wasn't there... think about that. Facebook, like any forum, is as dangerous as you make it... treat it with respect, and its not even worth caring about.
    I've had an account since my first year at university.... I've not been murdered, mugged, raped, divorced, stalked or had custard pies thrown at me yet! That's some batting average apparently if you believe you lot!

Thanks for the head up, I'm glad that they're still at it. The Helldiver is on top of my list for a long time now... among a certain B-25 and P-39...

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Gents don't be misled.
    The latest screenshots you'd seen were only the externel model flown inside P3D !
    There still no VC.

Sorry!
    Hank

Charter Member 09
    That certainly a nice picture of the Helldiver. However the gunner never released the seat. He's sitting too low The ring should be visible above the coming and his head is about level with the canopy. The way he's sitting, he could not hit the ass end out of a turkey.
    Bone, I haven't hit anyway near 20,000 hours. I only had 1740 hours in various Navy aircraft, principally SB2Cs. Add to that 1280 hours on my Skyranger and Stinson 108-2. All of them being prop planes.
    But my business life probably took me 40,000 hours, starting with DC-7 and Connies, then going to Oil Burners that fly so high you never can see where you are.
    As for Facebook and Twitter, Dr. Phil is on both of them and it don't get much better than that.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Charter Member 09
    I made some modifications to the only picture I have ever seen of Razbam's SB2C. Now I'm no artist but did as I as good as these shaky old hands could do. But it shows how high the gunner would be. The guns would about 5 inches above the rear canopy. No one use the single fifty. It was cumbersome, and didn't have the rate of fire and would knock all your filling out. The twin thirties was the gun of choice. You got a bunch of bullets out where your opponent would hopefully fly into them. They go by so fast...
    There was a hydraulic wobble pump on the starboard side, it had two positions. One was to move the rear canopy. the other was to raise the gunners seat. The seat was lowered by a bunch of bungee cords. I
    f Razbam needs some further "expert"help on a Helldiver, I'd be glad to help.
    In the mean time I would like to have my Helldiver picture back and get rid of that damn Pay Pal commercial, thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails helldiver.jpg  

Helldiver,

What kept a gunner from shooting his tail off?
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Blog Entries

The same type of...

Quote Originally Posted by TeaSea View Post
    Helldiver,

What kept a gunner from shooting his tail off?
    synchronization that makes it possible for fuselage mounted MGs and cannons to fire trough the propeller arc...
    only this one stops firing long enough to bypass the vertical stabilizer when it is panned to track an enemy
    aircraft on an aft cross-pass... in other words... firing through the propeller arc the shells are fired just before
    or after the propeller passes the fixed gun barrels (synchronization)... conversely... the panning MG stops firing
    when it passes the vertical fin... (and you can't fire through the horizontal stabilizers because the gun elevation
    never goes below the horizon...

Charter Member 09
    Not quite right. We could fire below the horizontal to the sides. The effectiveness of the gunner on SB2C and TBF was moot. Principally you worked the radio and radar, did some navigating, keeping track of the Carrier and most importantly, you kept the pilot awake.- Usually suffering a hangover.
    In the jet age this is now done by an Officer, who doesn't have to share his seat with a couple of gun butts or stick his nose out in the cold breeze.
    The pilots hated it when we ran gunnery practice. The turbulence we caused raised hell with the tail surfaces. The pilots preferred us to keep our canopy closed and be nice and quiet.
    So they could sleep.

ROFL!!!
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Question

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    ROFL!!!
    Sorry for ask... but what ROFL does mean? my english isnt rich!
    I saw this word a few times..

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    Sorry for ask... but what ROFL does mean? my english isnt rich!
    I saw this word a few times..
    Rolling On the Floor, Laughing
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    Rolling On the Floor, Laughing
    thank u!!!

Luv your comments Helldiver!
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    must add my amen to that!

Joseph
    ditto!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post
    Not quite right. We could fire below the horizontal to the sides. The effectiveness of the gunner on SB2C and TBF was moot. Principally you worked the radio and radar, did some navigating, keeping track of the Carrier and most importantly, you kept the pilot awake.- Usually suffering a hangover.
    In the jet age this is now done by an Officer, who doesn't have to share his seat with a couple of gun butts or stick his nose out in the cold breeze.
    The pilots hated it when we ran gunnery practice. The turbulence we caused raised hell with the tail surfaces. The pilots preferred us to keep our canopy closed and be nice and quiet.
    So they could sleep.
    Sounds like helldiver was one of them annoying gunners that kept the pilot from his nap......

Really interesting comments, Helldiver!

Thanks for sharing.