Helldiver
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Helldiver

Charter Member 09

Helldiver

Does anybody knw the status of Razbam's SB2C Helldiver? Is it dead?
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

As far as I know it's not dead. Last thing I heard from Ron was that they were working on the VC. They posted some render images of it on their facebook-site a few weeks ago.
    I also hardly can wait for this one.

Cheers,
    Mark

Charter Member 09
    Whats a facebook site? Why don't they show it on a FSX site. Them pimply faced kids on facebook don't even know what an airplane is.

Quote Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post
    Whats a facebook site? Why don't they show it on a FSX site. Them pimply faced kids on facebook don't even know what an airplane is.
    Must add my amen to that!

Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    ..er...the youngest "pimple face" at our FB page is around 30 yrs old...:-)
    Our FB page is more active than our forums, which happen to be support forums (no matter how hard i tried to make them an everyday stop)
    I know, not everyone is into Facebook, but it keeps us in contact with customers/fans, get some aircraft chatter and also, it´s easier to monitor.

Regarding the Helldiver, the Virtual Cockpit is running late, but at a steady pace, it´s whats really missing

BTW, there are quite a bit of current/former naval aviation pilots over there, some with SEA time and Gulf War I time as well..i wouldnt dare to call them "pimple face", lol

Best regards

Prowler

Helldiver, maybe they are tired of ...

There are 900 million "pimply faced" kids on Facebook. Well said, sir.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

Perhaps some of these pimply kids will learn something about aircraft there. Can't stand the thing myself.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler1111 View Post
    Our FB page is more active than our forums, which happen to be support forums (no matter how hard i tried to make them an everyday stop)
    I know, not everyone is into Facebook, but it keeps us in contact with customers/fans, get some aircraft chatter and also, it´s easier to monitor.

Regarding the Helldiver, the Virtual Cockpit is running late, but at a steady pace, it´s whats really missing

BTW, there are quite a bit of current/former naval aviation pilots over there, some with SEA time and Gulf War I time as well..i wouldnt dare to call them "pimple face", lol

Best regards

Prowler

I must say my comments are all in good fun! I had to laugh, the youngest pimple face on the FB site is 30...hehehe.
    Thanks prowler.

Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Thanks for the h/u Prowler!

BTW my face lost it's few pimples at least 30 years ago. Maybe that's why I'm on Facebook.
    I like the RAZBAM site on FB, it's full of activity and informations!

Cheers,
    Mark

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Helldiver, I am on Facebook and at 65 I am only about 15 years younger than you

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Retired SOH Administrator
    Hey HD...I got those pimples now and I go to Facebook all da time. Get with the program ya old fart...he...he. If ya like I can start sending ya copies of new released info on planes in big letters so you can see them >>> grins....Mike BTW, have ya twitter yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Charter Member 09
    Ain't no counting on some peoples taste, as the guy said when he kissed the cow.
    My strength is the strength of ten because my heart is pure and I keep away from Face book, Twitter and other such evils.
    Never underestimate the idiocy of vast numbers of people.
    I'm glad to see so many folks agreeing with me.

I would be on Helldiver's side on this topic.
    Keeping all your news on Facebook instead of your official website sucks, because those who are not registered on Facebook simply cannot access the Razbam page, while everybody can access the webpage.

Having an up-to-date Facebook page next to an up-to-date website is fine.
    Having an up-to-date Facebook page next to an outdated website is useless.

Facebook. Not in my lifetime.

Gossip, drama, and everything not needed, added to daily lifestyles. Another form of waste. It has one hell of a vacuum effect. Doesn't it.

Yeah, I'm sticking to face to face conversation and semaphore. There's no future in this telephonic communication I tell you...

Facebook for some of us = faceplant
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Since this thread is the official "opinion about facebook "-thread, I'll just leave this here:

Attachment 65982

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Bushpilot that picture is to funny.. Like the end comment. I am sure if we actually sent someone back in time that is exactly what would be said in response to the current times...
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    Yeah, I'm sticking to face to face conversation and semaphore. There's no future in this telephonic communication I tell you...
    Semaphore, --. . - .-. . .- ..-. -- --- .-. ... . .. ... - .... . .-- .- -.-- - --- --. ---

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    Semaphore, --. . - .-. . .- ..-. -- --- .-. ... . .. ... - .... . .-- .- -.-- - --- --. ---

Dave
    At the risk of being a pedant, that is Morse, not Semaphore.

Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    Since this thread is the official "opinion about facebook "-thread, I'll just leave this here:

Attachment 65982

Now THAT is fraken' funny!
    Visit my website www.scale-aviation.com

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler1111 View Post

Best regards

Prowler
    Prowler.... I run the Liberty Foundation Page and we find it EXTREMELY useful. It is FREE advertising... It costs nothing more than my time, and really doesn't take a lot of that either! It is an easy way for everyone to share their experiences AND whenever we update our schedule, we post it, and it posts right to your newsfeed..... I think it's a very useful tool if you use it properly.

www.facebook.libertyfoundation.org

-witt
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

"Never underestimate the idiocy of vast numbers of people."

I want to get that on a tee shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by Geomitrak View Post
    At the risk of being a pedant, that is Morse, not Semaphore.
    Clearly you did not decode it

Dave

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    ... Gossip, drama, ...
    The women sure do love it ... [ Facebook ]

... I'm sticking to face to face conversation ...
    When I come into our lounge where I work, almost all of the folks in there are looking down and "fingering" those little "texting machines"! And it is very quite...no eyeball to eyeball contact... jeez :isadizzy:

...telagraph, telephone, tell-a-woman....