Question for our shoppers

Thread: Question for our shoppers

Retired SOH Administrator

Question Question for our shoppers

Did anyone really see all these big big sale cuts that we have been hearing about? The only thing I saw any real drop was the clothes and a few kiddie games. Most of the computer stuff stayed the same, pooter games stayed the same. On the large LCD TV's I really didn't see that much of a savings. Linda and I also looked at some of the 2009 new SUV's and didn't see nothing price wise that attracted us either. Most of the stuff I brought on line was things that I have been looking at ...they also had better prices on line than what I saw at the retail stores. We also went shopping on the so called super Friday sale after Christmas and didn't really see that much savings either....anyone else notice this when they were out and about...Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hey_moe View Post
    Did anyone really see all these big big sale cuts that we have been hearing about? The only thing I saw any real drop was the clothes and a few kiddie games. Most of the computer stuff stayed the same, pooter games stayed the same. On the large LCD TV's I really didn't see that much of a savings. Linda and I also looked at some of the 2009 new SUV's and didn't see nothing price wise that attracted us either. Most of the stuff I brought on line was things that I have been looking at ...they also had better prices on line than what I saw at the retail stores. We also went shopping on the so called super Friday sale after Christmas and didn't really see that much savings either....anyone else notice this when they were out and about...Mike
    Don't know Moe? I stayed bunkered down at home. I have a phobia about malls right before and after Christmas. Besides, I don't need anymore "things."
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Mike:
    I totally agree with you on this one . Wife and I were out yesterday and while she hit the clothing sections I naturally wandered into the electronics dept . We both agreed clothing way down , little or no difference in anything else . I purchased a HDTV(LCD) last fall on line and even with shipping it was considerably cheaper than Best Buy and a few other retailers . I'm not a business man but I would suspect that prices may go down further before their inventory counts . I don't know but I hope . This economic crunch is really taking its toll . People are extremely worried and depressed all over America and they certainly have a right to be . Let's just hope that next year at least brings a gradual up swing for everyone .

Happy New Year to Everyone here at SOH .:ernae:

Rich

Someone had mentioned the Sansa 2 GB MP3 Player in one of the forums and it intrigued me....

My wife found the 4 GB version at Best for $48, presented it to me at Christmas, and I love the thing!

(I can't figure out how to get Win Media Player to synch it up the way I want it though.....)

After Christmas sales are where we find all the stuff we'll use next year, wrapping paper, replacement lights, cards...stuff like that.

Oh, wait until FEB -MAR for the flat panel TV's. Several consumer advisers are predicting a BIG price drop. We'll see.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

I my self work in retail at the Mall of America. Working last night, we were busy up until we closed the doors.

But I work at the LEGO store, so we had a lot of the older inventory at about 25% to 35% off just to make room for our 2009 items. The rest of the mall on the other hand was a little quiet so I've heard. I've got a few friends who work in other stores and after work they said that they had a lot of customers looking but not buying.

But I did see a lot of clothing bags, very few if any APPLE boxes (the apple store is down the hall from me).
    Intel i7 3770K, Intel DZ77GA-70K, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3, Nvidia GTX 660 Ti, Corsair Pro Series Gold AX850 PS, Coolermaster CM690 Adv II Mid-tower.