Iris Skip Stewart Prometheus released!

Thread: Iris Skip Stewart Prometheus released!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Iris Skip Stewart Prometheus released!

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Hi Ferry,
    I've checked the IRIS website and can find no mention of this new release...strange?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Me neither Roger, but they've announced it on Facebook.

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Cheers mate.:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I had a chance a few years back to stand next to the real Prometheus and get some photos. I remember looking at the g-meter and seeing the recording needles at -5 and +10 If anyone has never gotten a chance to see Skip's routine in person, I highly recommend it if you get the chance. The sound of that engine is unforgettable.

Hopefully the fs model will allow one to duplicate his takeoff, rolling 90 degrees and flying knife edge down the runway at what appears to be VERY low altitude

Darrell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hews500d View Post
    Hopefully the fs model will allow one to duplicate his takeoff, rolling 90 degrees and flying knife edge down the runway at what appears to be VERY low altitude

Darrell
    that was the first thing i did with the plane when i tsted it. I crashed, but it wasnt the plane that screwed up.. Owen and team did a wonderful job on this lil guy and its truly a sweet aircraft to fly..

Not to be negative.
    I'm willing to bet it won't do, and hold a respectable knife-edge for any length of time before falling like a brick.

Aerobatic aircraft suck in FSX

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    $37 for 22 megs.
    $31.39* :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by hews500d View Post
    Something like this?:

[YOUTUBE]dD1PYf2HEs0[/YOUTUBE]

Impressive bit of flying!

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    $37 for 22 megs.
    Hi JimJam, where did you see that price? I haven't seen it listed anywhere with those figures?!?

Hi everyone, we have indeed released the IRIS - Airshow Series Prometheus [FSX] and it is currently available at IRIS Direct (limited sale 50% off); Simmarket; FSPilotshop and soon to be released at the Flight Sim Store.

A statement on the cost. It is priced at approx $30 (USD & AUD) for a couple of reasons, and I have to be honest with the work that Owen has done on it, it's well worth it. Yes, I understand a concern about the content, however the project, product, that we have released is under a developers agreement and has Skip's approval, so with this current package all we are releasing is his content.

What we have plans for - an expansion pack, certainly more textures and I will be opening up some time next week the opportunity for our customers to request some texture ideas. An initial texture kit from IRIS will be available as a separate download, but it won't be enlosed in the purchased product package.

We've also got a great video up & will be producing another one for more details as to the product you are purchasing.

The website is currently under going a major overhaul at the moment & due to some real life urgencies our web developer is a couple of weeks behind. As this is the case, we've gone ahead & launched the IRIS Online Store (I refer to as IRIS Direct) and will have all the latest updates announced as soon as possible on the main page. As a relaunch offer we have got ALL products currently listed at 50% off as well as reward points for you to earn for signup & earned on each purchase.

Looking forward to hearing more feedback from you all.

~Karen

I would have definitely picked it up for $15, but because there's no Paypal option I can't. Using Paypal I don't need to have a credit card as I can connect it directly to my bank account. Too bad..!

Couldn't pass that offer up. Picked up the Prometheus and the Mudhen.
    Thanks! Looking forward to shredding some 1's and 0's with them soon.

Hey guys, could someone owning this bird post a short opinion on it? I am interested in the aerobatic capabilities, how does it compare to the IRIS Christen Eagle or the freeware Edge for example? Will it tumble and knife edge spin properly? 15$ are tempting, recently got me a 3 feet R/C foamie of this one, would be quite nice to have it in sim, too.

Thanks in advance.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    I would have definitely picked it up for $15, but because there's no Paypal option I can't. Using Paypal I don't need to have a credit card as I can connect it directly to my bank account. Too bad..!
    We don't have the PayPal system in the shopping cart at the moment as PayPal has an issue it needs to fix first. You can still buy using Paypal:
    To do so:
    ==> Creating a store account (or logging in to it) Adding your items to the shopping cart Adding any discount coupons you have Redeeming any reward points you have (both these last are optional) Go through to the last page of processing.

==> Open paypal, send the total to accounts@irissimulations.com In the notes section please note the email address used on the IRIS cart Please note what products you purchasing

==> Return to the shopping cart window and close your browser.

If this has worked correctly the items, the discount coupon & the points redemption will have been saved in your cart, I can then complete your order for you and you will receive an email notification of your completed order and you will be able to down load your products.

We will be looking at adding PayPal to the shopping cart some time in the future, once PayPal gets their issues sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by BrittMac View Post
    Couldn't pass that offer up. Picked up the Prometheus and the Mudhen.
    Thanks! Looking forward to shredding some 1's and 0's with them soon.
    It would be great to see some screenshots and some feedback on this :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mugel View Post
    Hey guys, could someone owning this bird post a short opinion on it? I am interested in the aerobatic capabilities, how does it compare to the IRIS Christen Eagle or the freeware Edge for example? Will it tumble and knife edge spin properly? 15$ are tempting, recently got me a 3 feet R/C foamie of this one, would be quite nice to have it in sim, too.

Thanks in advance.
    We're hoping to have another video out soon, in the meantime with the sales the last 2 weeks there should be more customer feedback coming! She has been very popular and I can't wait to see the shots, vids & feedback.

I'm off to appointments, I'll check back in for any more questions later.

~K

I did as you instructed to pay via paypal. Would be great, if it was confirmed soon, as I leave for 3 days of Rock festival later. (including Metallica live oh and lots of )

I did as you instructed to pay via paypal. Would be great, if it was confirmed soon, as I leave for 3 days of Rock festival later. (including Metallica live oh and lots of )
    Hi there,
    I confirmed the order a few hours ago, we were out this afternoon (our time) but did it when we got got back & checked the email. The store email should've generated & then you would have received an email directly from me confirming all of the details & how to download. I hope the notifications didn't miss you though.

I do envy you (a little) Metallica in concert! I'll take Danzig, Metallica & Guns n Roses on the road with me if I could! Enjoy your trip.

~K

Yes, worked great, had a short hop, but need to get on with packing and stuff. Visually it is very nice, sounds good,too. Still got to try some more aerobatic things.

Thanks, I guess I will enjoy it, and feel some noise!

Yes, worked great, had a short hop, but need to get on with packing and stuff. Visually it is very nice, sounds good,too. Still got to try some more aerobatic things.

Thanks, I guess I will enjoy it, and feel some noise!
    Terrific! Glad to read you got it before heading off!
    Have a safe trip & enjoy the festivities.

~K

Paypal now available directly through the shop, so I got me the Prometheus too. Normal price $30AUD, on sale for $15 with additional store discount only $10!

Looks fast just sitting on the ground, and flies great too!