New Mooney for Prepar3D - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Mooney for Prepar3D

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by italoc View Post
    Don't be humble, Bill .... proud instead, I would say !!!!!
    The thing is coming out very very well.
    Much expectation from a Prepar3D-ist

Italo

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DX-FMJ View Post
    Bill,
    Will this be freeware?
    This will come with Prepar3D, part of the sim. It will be their plane to do with what they will.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    This will come with Prepar3D, part of the sim. It will be their plane to do with what they will.
    Very cool! Looks awesome and can't wait to try it out!

SOH-CM-2014
    She is flying really nice now. Takes off smoothly instead of like a brick, gets up to 240+ at top out, nears 243 (max speed). VNE is 255, so if you have damage on, it crashes at that speed. Cruise is 234 and it does it well.

Adjusted drag on the landing gear and spoilers.

Installed the S-Tec auto pilot (same from the Kodiak package).

Getting better.....

I am wondering if the Mooney is still available with steam gauges at the factory? (off to find that out)....

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2023
    Looking good Bill. Like others, I just got FSX running the way I want it so a switch to Prepar3d isn't in the cards at the moment. However if you need a beta tester for FSX.... A thing to note on all the Mooneys. The nose wheel steering only deflects about 15 degrees. Something I had to be careful of back when I was working line service and towing aircraft.
    You can't take the sky from me...

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    Looking good Bill. Like others, I just got FSX running the way I want it so a switch to Prepar3d isn't in the cards at the moment. However if you need a beta tester for FSX.... A thing to note on all the Mooneys. The nose wheel steering only deflects about 15 degrees. Something I had to be careful of back when I was working line service and towing aircraft.
    Thanks Brian for the heads up on that. The steering mechanism on this is pretty crazy. I went with c_wheel so that the gear wouldnt rotate up in the sky, as it would come out of the center tunnel sides.
    The rear main gear almost look like Bellanca.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Out testing the girl tonight, playing (day off). Just did some mild adjustments to the airfiles; prop, overall speeds, flaps and spoiler tuning, and just doing some touch and goes. She handles so AWESOME......! The original is almost unflyable for me. This baby flies like a jewel.....

Just Awesome!

Lionheart,

I usually do not get excited about singles but this one appears to be a must have. The modeling looks great, new interior with the Garmin panel and great performance makes this a must have for me.

I am working on a simpit and this may change my direction on the type of GA aircraft I build my panel around. Is it possible to have the yokes disappear with a mouse click? 2D panel but only show the displays?

Thanks,

Jake

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinjake View Post
    Lionheart,

I usually do not get excited about singles but this one appears to be a must have. The modeling looks great, new interior with the Garmin panel and great performance makes this a must have for me.

I am working on a simpit and this may change my direction on the type of GA aircraft I build my panel around. Is it possible to have the yokes disappear with a mouse click? 2D panel but only show the displays?

Thanks,

Jake
    Hey Jake,

Yes. The package already has a very nice 2D panel setup that still looks high quality and advanced. I will be leaving that in there. The yokes will be hideable.

She is addictive to fly. I have been having a blast doing flights in it at night. Great fun.

I added a cool effect on the air brakes (Spoiler plates) that produce a vapor trail when the spoilers are deployed, which one would see on a humid day.

Bill
    LHC

SOH-CM-2014
    Got out a couple of buckets of paint today. My soul goal for the day.

Wheww........................

SOH-CM-2014
    This is the plane that I got the paint scheme from. Awesome colors.....

Bill

She looks beautiful in that paint scheme!

Howdy Everyone!

I know this is probably not the right place to ask this, but I have been trying to create grass like in the photos above, with no luck at this point. Would anyone here know how this is done or of any tutorials on the matter?

SOH-CM-2014
    Kenney, the real place to ask is at www.fsdeveloper.com in the forums. Thats were the great scenery gurus hang out at, and I have heard this question before there and many answered in.....

Bill

Bill, thank you for the reply.

Could I use your screen shot on FSD's forum, just for an example of the grass blades?

SOH-CM-2014
    Absolutely man!

Quote Originally Posted by FSVKenny View Post
    Howdy Everyone!

I know this is probably not the right place to ask this, but I have been trying to create grass like in the photos above, with no luck at this point. Would anyone here know how this is done or of any tutorials on the matter?
    I don't know if any help, but here's one tutorial of making volumetric FPS-friendly grass: http://29palms.de/developers_vg.html (can be downloaded as PDF). There's also a tutorial for making detailed trees.

SOH-CM-2014
    Latest screenshots on the miewwwwney.

A added to tail as in the actual paint scheme. More interior bits finished. Animations are about done. Exterior still needs bump mapping, then its off to finish the interior, then add a pilot, test and its done.

Thank you Lord for Gmax and teaching me about cutting curved windows.... Thanks also to Gerard who taught me alot about chamfering and smooth extrusions.

Bill

smoking hot little plane

Thanks

Lionheat,

Your killing me! This plane has really sparked my interest in a GA single and you keep pouring fuel to the fire. This is really turning into an awesome plane and it may just be the item that "makes" me buy P3D.

I am jealous, and would like to thank those, who have the talents to manipulate the different programs to create items such as this. Myself, do not have the talent nor the time to learn these skills.

Jake

SOH-CM-2014
    Many thanks Jake,

Its been a fun plane to model. Thats what really is fun is learning about these planes... Its a real education.

More screenshots of work in progress.

Night lighting is installed, dome light 'separate' circuit also installed, panel graphics nearing completion, cabin graphics nearing completion.

Bump mapping and pilot need to be installed and more testing and milage and fuel consumption need to be finished up.

This bird is fun to fly! Nicely balanced now..

Bill

Looks awesome Bill, question, once your finished how do us p3d users obtain this bird? :salute:

SOH-CM-2014
    We'll have to find out from team P3. I will be putting it in their hands.

So far, it might appear to be an additional plane to the package, rather then a replacement to the present Mooney Bravo.

We'll see.

They should definitely replace the current one with yours Bill.
    Using that old model as the default plane isn't doing themselves any favours IMO.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56