what happened to the jaguar by Virtavia?

Thread: what happened to the jaguar by Virtavia?

what happened to the jaguar by Virtavia?

Just to ask if anyone has any news about...

I've wondered that too. The screenies looked great!

LT1

Maybe Frank Safranek knows something? At the end of 2010 he shared some progress updates in the forums here.

And more here from early 2011.

Just looked in the Virtavia beta forum and the last post on the subject was by me actually in late 2011 remarking on images Remi Pierlot had posted showing his cockpit textures. Haven't heard from Dave Hanvey on the subject of the Jaguar but did hear that he has been working on something else very interesting. I'm not at liberty to say what, just to say he's still modelling. Paulb might have some insight (he and Dave contacted me way in the beginning of the Jaguar project to do the textures but that job was transferred to Remi so I could do the T-34C for Alphasim/Virtavia. At least it were released but $$? WTF?)

In the meantime I'll email Dave and Paul and ask what's up and report back.
    :ernae:

Frank thank you for your help! Let's just hope the project is still alive.

cheers, Henk

Thanks Frank. I keep waiting to see preview pics of it at the Virtavia website, but something other than the Jag keeps showing up.

I emailed Dave Hanvey (Alphasim Lightning, Jaguar, and TSR2). He wrote back right away.

It has not been shelved. The main problem is real life and work not giving us enough time. Hopefully that will change this year.
    :ernae:

Update:
    Even though it may eventually be released by other parties, it is fairly certain that it will not be released by Virtavia, that, according to the Boss. Sorry!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Until then, UKMIL has a beta Jaguar available for members (Free membership too!) that doesn't have a VC yet, but the externals are very good!

Comes with Gr.1, Gr.3 and T.2 models.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Update:
    Even though it may eventually be released by other parties, it is fairly certain that it will not be released by Virtavia, that, according to the Boss. Sorry!
    Always been apathy toward that subject matter for as long as I can tell (UK military frequently undersold US military by a wide margin) and perhaps a certain amount of shedding of old school developers in the mix, though that's a two way street.

Quote Originally Posted by michael davies View Post
    Always been apathy toward that subject matter for as long as I can tell (UK military frequently undersold US military by a wide margin) and perhaps a certain amount of shedding of old school developers in the mix, though that's a two way street.
    No doubt.

Good to see you still visit Michael :salute: I took your Pavelow up tonight over VFR Gen X UK scenery with Treescapes Lake District and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not being a chopper man, your version does that bird justice.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Good to see you still visit Michael :salute: I took your Pavelow up tonight over VFR Gen X UK scenery with Treescapes Lake District and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not being a chopper man, your version does that bird justice.
    David, not my bird , that was a Project Zoo bird if I recall correctly (3rd party buy in) all I did was bend it (quite forcefully!) to get it into the sim and do the FDE, all model and texture credit goes to the original authors.

Kindest Michael

David, not my bird , that was a Project Zoo bird if I recall correctly (3rd party buy in) all I did was bend it (quite forcefully!) to get it into the sim and do the FDE, all model and texture credit goes to the original authors.

Kindest Michael
    Ah oops, but you bent it well - it looks and flies great IMHO.

Did your RC-135/KC-135 get completely shelved? (here's hoping not!)

Members who have read this thread: 7