Samdim released V3 of An-24, An-26 and An-30

Thread: Samdim released V3 of An-24, An-26 and An-30

Samdim released V3 of An-24, An-26 and An-30

- Скриншот 1
    Новая версия семейства Ан-30, включающая две модели : Ан-30 и Ан-30Д. Полностью новое все, кроме приборов С.Грицевского. В пакете - 5 текстур, загрузчик, пейнткит и документация.
    Пакет нацелен на подготовленную публику.

ВНИМАНИЕ : для работы этого пакета необходимо предварительно установить пакет Семейство Ан-24 V3
    Связанные файлы(2 файлов)
    → Имя файла: 44620-setup-sd-an30.zip
    → Размер: 63 729kb
    → Дата: 2 дня назад (09.05.2012 02:42 MSK)
    → Автор: D.Samborski(samdim),N.Samsonov(INS),M.Karnizov(mik edet),A.Terentjevs(Aless),S.Gritsevsky,K.Konovalov ,M.Maarse,S.Teifel(Agat)
    → Прислал: samdim (прислал 12 файлов)
    → Разрешил модератор: UEMJ
    → Лицензия: Freeware - Бесплатная версия, распространение не ограничено
    → Скачан: 1075 раз
    Комментарии (26) | Просмотреть архив | Скачать

- Скриншот 1
    Новая версия семейства Ан-26, включающая Ан-26 с блистером и без и грузо-пассажирский Ан-26-100. Полностью новое все, кроме приборов С.Грицевского. В пакете - 13 текстур, загрузчик, пейнткит и документация.

ВНИМАНИЕ : необходимо установить пакет Семейство Ан-24 V3 прежде чем использовать пакет Ан-26.
    В файле aircraft.cfg замените строчку max_gross_weight = 52910.95// на max_gross_weight = 52910.95 // (добавить пробел)
    → Имя файла: 44619-setup-sd-an26.zip
    → Размер: 62 062kb
    → Автор: D.Samborski(samdim),N.Samsonov(INS),M.Karnizov(mik edet),A.Terentjevs(Aless),S.Gritsevsky,K.Konovalov ,M.Maarse,S.Teifel(Agat)
    → Скачан: 1187 раз
    Комментарии (25) | Просмотреть архив | Скачать

- Скриншот 1
    Новая версия семейства Ан-24, включающая Ан-24Б (с одним или двумя гребнями), Ан-24РВ, Ан-24Т и Ан-24РТ. Полностью новое все, кроме приборов С.Грицевского. В пакете - 12 текстур, загрузчик, пейнткит и документация.
    → Имя файла: 44618-setup-sd-an24.zip
    → Размер: 113 362kb
    → Скачан: 1715 раз
    Комментарии (74) | Просмотреть архив | Скачать
    Matt

Good news, thanks for the heads up.

Slightly disappointed that his An-32 hasn't surfaced yet, but my fingers are crossed.
    Andy

Beautiful models without VC!
    Big blemish!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Thanks for that clarification Zolt... No VC means no go for with maybe three exceptions.
    I had really hoped that they would be complete with VC because the rest of the aircraft is certainly done quite well.

Cheers
    Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post
    Thanks for that clarification Zolt... No VC means no go for with maybe three exceptions.
    I had really hoped that they would be complete with VC because the rest of the aircraft is certainly done quite well.

Cheers
    Stefan
    Stefan,

I think it is important to the VC
    Maybe you do not ...
    My name is not Zolt, but Zsolt!

Thank you!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Apologies Zsolt, auto-correct on the IPad took the "S" out and I did not notice.

However if you read the rest of my post, you might notice that I agreed with you that a VC is a must have these days. In fact I thanked you for pointing out that these Antonovs do not have one, because now I do not have to bother downloading them.

Cheers
    Stefan

If a model has a complete 2D panel, where IFR can be flown and there is no problem shooting an ILS to minimums, most of the time I can live with that. Samdim's models are exquisitely done and the panels also reflect that quality. Problem is, most of it is in Russian. It's somewhat easy to figure out the HSI, ADI, Airspeed, Engine Stats... etc., but because my Russian is non-existant at best, I usually fly these planes VFR or VFR over the top only. SO with that said, I'm going to have a go with these three. But I agree with Zsolt, and Stefan... seems to be such a shame to produce such a nice model with an excellent 2D panel and not to include the VC. JMO...:salute:

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Concur w/Blackbird. I've tried using the Russian panel with the IL-86s and IL-96s available thru SamDim - excellent aircraft; regretfully, while I can figure out how the basic panel instruments work, there's no way to figure out why, for example, the IL-86's engines run for two or three minutes after being started and then just shut down. Even rudimentary English titles for some of the subpanels, as separate screenshots, would be nice.

Thing about the Russian heavies is that many of them rely on the Project Tupolev panel architecture, which is quite different in execution than standard FS9 panels. When dealing with them (as well as some of the various Il-76 panels), it is highly recommended to get the PT Il-62M and read the English-language manual it contains. The Russians replicate some things that just aren't thought of in most western sims, as Russian aircraft systems (in real-life) make much less use of automation than their Western counterpart. The PT Ilyushin manual also explains how to use the incredibly bizarre IL autopilot.

Examples of things that must be done manually in Russian sims:

• APU, bleed air supply and pressurization
    • Fuel management
    • Directional gyro slaving, and in-flight re-coordination of same -- there are four gyros that must be periodically re-aligned
    • Long-axis trim for drag reduction and cruise angle (Il-62M)
    • Electrical supply management
    • Air conditioning (Tu-154)

And this doesn't even include the math-heavy RSBN radio navigation system, which is all based on offset transmitters.

I speak from a position of experience here. I have an almost fatal weakness for Soviet-era Russian airliners, and I forced myself to learn the procedures. I also made some cheat sheets for speed and altitude, translating the metric the Russians use into Imperial. I got so adept at it that I can now run through the entire Tu-154M startup sequence, from cold-and-dark to takeoff (some 145 steps) without looking up the checklist.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the steer, RM - where does one find that Il-62?

EDIT: I have a PT IL-62M in my hangar, but checking the file discloses I have only a Russian-language document of about 176KB for documentation. Is that what you're referring to?

These are wonderfully detailed aircraft!
    Instead of having to learn Cyrillic and acquiring a PhD in aeronautics, I adopted a modern autopilot and pop-up GPS.
    This way I can actually enjoy my flights...
    The option to load a widescreen panel, the load manager, the authentic rotating beacons, and so much more, show some real quality freeware packages!
    Well done!

Thanks, Stuart

Attachment 65293

The planes that Dimitri and his team produce are great! I especially love the 114, but like many here, the Russian panels are just a pain! That's why I did a decent amount of work taking out some popups and adding in others in English that allow me to better enjoy the plane on long-range flights. The ones without VC are even easier - just find a nice vintage twin t-prop panel of your liking and drop it in. I know it's not "real," but it makes it so much nicer to be able to fly the plane instead of just looking at it on the ramp.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

There are some lovely paints here http://www.fsrepaint.ru/index.php? not necessarily of these a/c but various others too including some very smart ones of Carenados C-152.
    See what happens when you click a link you cannot read and don't understand.

I have all three aircraft variants installed properly, but the gauges are not showing up ... any ideas? Mike :isadizzy:

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Thanks for the steer, RM - where does one find that Il-62?

EDIT: I have a PT IL-62M in my hangar, but checking the file discloses I have only a Russian-language document of about 176KB for documentation. Is that what you're referring to?

Here you go:
    -------------------------------------
    FS2004 (ACOF) - Misc.FS2004 Ilyushin Il-62M English Manual
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: il62m103.zip
    Size: 3,457,912 Date: 05-17-2006 Downloads: 709

FS2004 Ilyushin Il-62M English Manual. An English manual in PDF format for the Project Tupolev Il-62M, v1.03. Contains detailed panel, autopilot and systems description, including weather radar, INS navigation system and other goodies. Various tutorials for airplane setup, standard maneuver mode (rectangular approach pattern), an example flight using the Navigation System NV-PB and lots of other info.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The manual is also helpful in figgerin' out those systems that don't seem to make sense, like the autopilot, radio/nav, and fuel system -- and those are often found in other Russian planes. The manuals for the Tu-154s are helpful as well.

Also took the Antonovs out for a cruise last night and I am way impressed. Excellent systems representation (and with the clickspots the lack of VC is only an annoyance).

For those who want it, I'll make up a quickstart guide and cockpit cheatsheet. There are some interesting features -- like auto-deploying reversers -- that aren't obvious at first. I'm also in the process of making a "western-ish" panel with English labels and some western gauges.

FLYING IN RUSSIAN

Rallymodeller,

Re your last. That would be great. Like you, I persevered with and mastered the Tu-154M start-up procedures. She is a lovely a/c to hand fly but I find that even though I am improving in my start-up times, it remains really frustrating that when you have a few free moments and fancy a quick 'touch and go' or 'short circuit', you cannot escape the start-up drudgery. Consequently have certainly spent more time in the Tu-154M on the ground than in the air.

To my mind not what flight simulator flying is about. Whoever produces a quick engine start for the Tu-154, or even a fix that enables you to leave the engs running between flts, would make a lot of flt simmers very happy.

Anway, I digress. Whilst we are talking about language problems: Which of the links indicated on the Antonovs mean 'download'?

Quote Originally Posted by vonernsk View Post
    Which of the links indicated on the Antonovs mean 'download'?

After the page appears, click on HTTP (EU).

To download:

Under the thumbnail, there is a Cyrillic word called "Скачать". That's the download portal. When you get to the next page, find the link that says "HTTP (EU)". That's the download link itself. Bear in mind that in order to use the An-26 and An-30, you have to first install the An-24.

A teaser: With the An-26, there are two separate ramp functions. To open the ramp in a normal drop-down fashion, use E+2, to open it for in-flight drops or truck-bed-height loading (the -26 has an internal crane) use E+3. Working on the startup sequence now, will have it up in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    I have all three aircraft variants installed properly, but the gauges are not showing up ... any ideas? Mike :isadizzy:
    Got the gauge/panel issues sorted ... despite the lack of a proper vc ... this Antonov series is superb in every way ... Bravo !!! Mike

Gentlemen,

this package was not addressed to western public. Our primary goal was to join together all the latest changes of the panel and FDE accumulated during 5 years since the last model was released. This is why we only uploaded this package to russian site. We supplied this package with only exterior models for a simple reason that the VC has never been done. We are not planning to do one, however with the FSX version that we'll make in the close future, there will be a possibility to add a third-party virtual cockpit. At this time, at least one renowed developer manifested his intention to create one.
    We will go West when we'll have the complete package ready : exteriors and VC for FSX, new gauges (80% completed), new everything...

As for the An-32, the visual model was lost. However, there is no panel, no FDE and no sounds for the An-32, so there is no rush to recover the model.

Dimitri

Lightbulb

Little OT ....
    If you like the russian civil aviation .. check this doco: (fortunately in english )
    Airplaneski! A documentary on the fall of Aeroflot and Soviet Aviation
    http://youtu.be/TSK2gLDpOYY
    http://youtu.be/zGocQXX3sSU
    http://youtu.be/G9mzefejoZ8
    http://youtu.be/c1uZVnN037Y
    http://youtu.be/JoTM0xxYNBE

Quote Originally Posted by samdim View Post
    Gentlemen,

this package was not addressed to western public. Our primary goal was to join together all the latest changes of the panel and FDE accumulated during 5 years since the last model was released. This is why we only uploaded this package to russian site. - Dimitri
    Well said, Dimitri. Thank you for the superb aircraft and the clarification. :salute:

- H52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Again, thank you Dimitri for these wonderful aircraft ! Mike

ANTONOVS LITE/CLONED

To escape a lot of the start-up procs and nav hassles, I went a further step than Stuart. Vlad Zhyhulskiy had already utilised parts of D Samorborskiy's FDE in the production of his excellent AN-26 and hassle free panel. Utilising Vlad's AN-26 panel and adapting his FDE and a/c cfg to D's Antonov's has worked a treat with me. I can now enjoy D's models in flight quickly and easily. With the addition of 'Shockwave's' lts and some smoke they are the complete Communist biz!

I wish I could do the same for the fantastic Tu-154M 'hangar queen' that very seldom gets an airing!

Shame about no AN-32s.