Milviz Beechcraft B-55 Baron - Coming Soon - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Milviz Beechcraft B-55 Baron - Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    and a Shrike Commander - with all the trimmings for FSX.
    man, that's a pretty good idea right there!

the baron looks very cool!

I am wondering...how soon is soon? If it is may, I might just have to wait a month or two...looks like may is going to be an expensive month for FSX addons...I already have 3 or 4 new releases budgeted in lol
    Matt

I was just thinking about this on my long drive home from MSP...

I wish there was a scale devs could use to standardize when an addon might arrive...

For instance, I've seen:

coming soon
    coming very soon
    coming out shortly

I've seen web pages with coming soon for 2+ years and I've seen another dev release in about two weeks from saying that... so then us users get annoyed hehe...

I propose a few standards:

Coming soon - means within 6 months
    Coming very soon - within 2 months
    coming out shortly - within 1 month
    Work in progress - release date farther out than 6 months
    Unknown - they don't want to give release date or estimate or they don't have an idea...

RealAir said very soon for their lancair... imho that means within two months but we really have no idea hehe.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

A certain winner from what I see.

I'm impressed. I've held out on a Baron but this one is mouth watering. The interior and panel shots are exciting and I'm looking forward to exloring that panel myself as those twins speed me through the landscape. I have really enjoyed the c310 and I'm sure this will be another much loved plane. Ready when you are.

good flights, Cal

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Very nice work!
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Don't suppose there's a chance for nav/com radios as were in the original 55?

Regarding the release date,

In all seriousness, very soon.

Regards, Diego

Always very hard to predict the release date, a thourough test program always raises maddening issues for the coder guys. One thing leads to another... FSX with its capabilities has lengthened the development time a lot!

T

Working on liveries for the Milviz B 55 right now
    These are in progress, and not finished yet.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

They look great!

....Are we there yet?..........
    Matt

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    We are running through beta 6 right now which just very finely tuned some things... I am not at liberty to publicly say yay or nay. It is certaintly small things keeping her back at the moment though.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Well, keep up the bug-fixing, then...credit/debit card standing by.....
    Matt

Wow, those screenshots are amazing!! Ya have any more to tide us over until release? :salute:

what are the basic ,or major..differaces in the B55 to B58 barrons?......i noticed on the screenshots here the seats behind the pilot(s) face forward,,the 58 face back? ive allways wondered what the differance is,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    what are the basic ,or major..differaces in the B55 to B58 barrons?......i noticed on the screenshots here the seats behind the pilot(s) face forward,,the 58 face back? ive allways wondered what the differance is,,,,
    This article lays things out nicely:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beechcraft_Baron

The only thing I'm wondering about with this Milviz release is the specific type of Baron 55.

EDIT: Looks like N1757G is a C55 version built in 1962 and N2023Z is a 1978 model that's possibly a former T-42.
    Additionally, SE-EXW is a Baron 58, so I don't know what they're trying to do here....

Thanks for the new screens, that was fast. Sure is purdy. I need a drooling smilie.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    This article lays things out nicely:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beechcraft_Baron

The only thing I'm wondering about with this Milviz release is the specific type of Baron 55.

EDIT: Looks like N1757G is a C55 version built in 1962 and N2023Z is a 1978 model that's possibly a former T-42.
    Additionally, SE-EXW is a Baron 58, so I don't know what they're trying to do here....
    The N1757G is a 1966 Baron B55: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1966_Baron_B55.jpg
    The SE-EXW is not a Baron 58. It is a 1968 Beech 95-B55 Baron: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Beech...b5d5806cb0e6b5
    The N2023Z is a 1978 B55 (as far as I know).

The B55 was introduced in 1964 and run through 1982 (Wikipedia)

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

As established, agreed on Zulu, and I see that at least a couple online sources are indeed wrong on the Swedish reg.

However, the FAA thinks otherwise as to 1757G...

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...umbertxt=1757G

MFR (Manufacture Year) is 1962, which would put it specifically into A55 territory with a gross weight difference and the distinction of being an "early series" Baron 55.

My ultimate point though is that I am trying to determine what specific Baron 55 Milviz is creating. The straight 55 (year 1961) model, or later?
    There is a decade of disparity between liveries, and enough of a difference between Baron 55 variations that the differences do come into play.

In any case, even if it is a less-than-realistic "generic" B55, I'm looking forward to it! It looks great!

Is the pilot wearing any headset?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    As established, agreed on Zulu, and I see that at least a couple online sources are indeed wrong on the Swedish reg.

However, the FAA thinks otherwise as to 1757G...

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...umbertxt=1757G

MFR (Manufacture Year) is 1962, which would put it specifically into A55 territory with a gross weight difference and the distinction of being an "early series" Baron 55.

My ultimate point though is that I am trying to determine what specific Baron 55 Milviz is creating. The straight 55 (year 1961) model, or later?
    There is a decade of disparity between liveries, and enough of a difference between Baron 55 variations that the differences do come into play.

In any case, even if it is a less-than-realistic "generic" B55, I'm looking forward to it! It looks great!

Thanks Sean.

Yes, you may be right about the 1757G. I think the FAA knows better than Wikipedia (which I got my information from)
    But, my intention was to paint a retro B55 color scheme. So, even if the 1757G is a C55 (and appears to be a bit older than I thought), I will keep that livery for the B55 (which is the model we are doing).

I am currently working on a German B55 (D-IEHB), and a Spanish Air Force Beech B55 Baron (E20-1 - 42-60) for this model

Gunnar van der Meeren

But, my intention was to paint a retro B55 color scheme. So, even if the 1757G is a C55 (and appears to be a bit older than I thought), I will keep that livery for the B55 (which is the model we are doing).
    Here here. I'm all in favor of a little artistic license to incorporate those beautiful retro paint jobs!! Keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by mohawk3 View Post
    Is the pilot wearing any headset?
    Not at the moment. But, the poor (almost deaf ) pilot will get his headset before release....

Gunnar van der Meeren

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    The Baron 55 was the original Beech Baron. It was a derivative of the Travel Air. Later on Beech developed the Baron 58. The prime difference being engines and the double bay doors opening up to the passenger area. The rear portion of the fuselage was redesigned to accomodate those doors.

Ken

Members who have read this thread: 89