Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213

Thread: SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

...It's in the works, my friend...

Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

In the Works CooooLness!!!!!!!!:salute:

John or anybody,

Quick question... How do you hide the yoke in the FSX version? I can't get the slash key to work.

Thanks,
    Obie

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Some recent shots:

Anybody know where this repaint can be downloaded?

Hey Double J,

That repaint is one of those which I released for the original FS2004 Invader package, which, when doing the FSX conversion, I edited the alpha channels and added spec maps so as to add more reflection to the metal. I never hung onto those files, but the original repaint can still be found in the library here at SOH and at Avsim, if you search A-26C Invader "The Rude Invader".

One of these days I'll finally get an FSX-native version of my K-model conversion released...
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

One of these days I'll finally get an FSX-native version of my K-model conversion released...
    That would be great, John. My 2004 install is on the fritz right now, and since updating my P3D V2 to v2.3 which is running great, an FSX native version would work so much better.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Daube,

Thank you for the feedback on the interior/VC glass! The opacity is controlled via the alpha channel connected to the VC_Glass_T texture, so making it darker will make the windows clearer from the VC. I noticed them a bit too 'cloudy' this morning too, after flying the aircraft in early hours - it isn't as present during the middle of the day. I'll provide an adjusted VC_Glass_T texture when I upload the files to the SOH library. Regarding the start-up procedure, I remember the aircraft has a gauge that comes into play, to allow you to start the engines in an authentic manner, with the energizer/starter switches. I'll have to check that out and try it out myself - I've been more of a sucker for the Ctrl-E as of late, something that the "2+ year ago me" would have been kicking myself about. : )

When I upload the files to SOH, the models will have bump map support, but the bump maps will be very, very subtle, as I don't really feel the models/textures are in the best format for bump maps, at least at this time. However, by doing this, it does allow others to make their own bump maps, if they wish, to whatever degree of intensity they desire. Also, if larger resolution textures are made, more detailed bump maps can also be made at that time.

Also, with the SOH files, I'll be providing FSX versions of the models I originally made, using Milton's source files, for the "Rude Invader", "Margie", and "CIA" repaints back when this aircraft was originally released for FS9.

When I upload the files to SOH, hopefully tomorrow, or Thursday at the latest, I'll make a post to this thread.

I notice the VC glass to be cloudy on the pilots side, is there a fix for that? Is there a start up manual somewhere as the right engine never starts when attempting a cold start? Ctrl E is no fun.

EDIT. Actually flying in the dark is impossible in the VC as it is virtually impossible to see through. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Double J; August 28th, 2014 at 10:01.

Did someone say
    FSX-native version of my K-model conversion released...
    ??

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Did someone say ??

I think the complete response was in future tense:

Originally Posted by Bomber_12th

Double J, even though that old Mediafire link still works, don't use that set of files. You'll want to download the updated/final version which you can find on this page here, titled "SOH A-26 Invader FSX Coversion.zip": http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d&page=3&pp=20

(You'll still need the original FS9 files to be installed first into FSX, before installing the FSX conversion files)

As you can see early in this thread, items like the cloudy glass were addressed before uploading the final file set.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Regarding the K-model prospect, I'm thinking once the seasons change and the temps start getting colder, I'll take it up.

Speaking of the A-26, I'm really looking forward to Razbam's model, which is being modeled to match a specific restored/modernized A-26. Screenshots of the Razbam model WIP can be seen here (at one time they mentioned doing a B-26K, but I haven't heard anything about that in quite some time):

VC:
    https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/...type=3&theater

Exterior:

Attachment 11832
    Double J, even though that old Mediafire link still works, don't use that set of files. You'll want to download the updated/final version which you can find on this page here, titled "SOH A-26 Invader FSX Coversion.zip": http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d&page=3&pp=20

(You'll still need the original FS9 files to be installed first into FSX, before installing the FSX conversion files)

As you can see early in this thread, items like the cloudy glass were addressed before uploading the final file set.
    That's the one I used. The cloudy is minor but I can't fly in the dark with the VC as the cabin lights are too bright and reflect off the wind screen and the instrument lights are too dark to fly with just them on. Turning the knob on the panel doesn't make them bright enough either.Attachment 11833

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-8-28_15-32-42-718.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	11834Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-8-28_15-33-32-48.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	11835

It's actually the panel lights that don't turn on in the VC, everything works in 2D. Any ideas? I've applied both updates to the plane. The medifire update actually makes the VC easier to see through the windscreen in the dark.
    Last edited by Double J; August 28th, 2014 at 16:49.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I think the complete response was in future tense:

Originally Posted by Bomber_12th

I can read, thank you very much. Is it inappropriate to voice happy anticipation?

D.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    I can read, thank you very much. Is it inappropriate to voice happy anticipation?

D.
    I guess you can read. Anticipation is a good thing. I think you had included in your thread ^ the word "released" (giving one the impression that you thought it was but in fact, was not)

Just trying to stem the tide of confusion here.

Shine on

Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    It's actually the panel lights that don't turn on in the VC, everything works in 2D. Any ideas? I've applied both updates to the plane. The medifire update actually makes the VC easier to see through the windscreen in the dark.
    Turn them on, then turn up the brightness dial! they show up great

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Turn them on, then turn up the brightness dial! they show up great
    Tried everything, they never did turn on so the plane went to the recycle bin.

With regards to the Razbam Invader, the following screenshots were posted last month on their
    Facebook page, along with the caption, "I haven't forgotten about this one, guys." NC

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	12822

Views:	8 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	12823

Views:	7 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	12824

Views:	4 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	12825

Regarding the K-model prospect, I'm thinking once the seasons change and the temps start getting colder, I'll take it up.
    Hi John,
    Hope it's not being too cheeky to ask whether the K-model revamp is still in your plans some time? I for one would dearly love to see it come to fruition.
    Here's hoping.....
    best regards

Rick Canham
    Australia/Sweden

A-26 from movie Always

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    While we wait for the updated set of textures...

Joseph

Where skin?? Any links??

It's over at Avsim at the bottom of page 1. In search box type A-26 Invader. Robert

Members who have read this thread: 113