SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download
Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

Hi all,

It was a great pleasure to convert this aircraft to FSX, with many thanks to Milton Shupe for providing his source files for the original FS9 models!

This conversion is fairly basic, but the models are now true FSX native. The aircraft will now display, in every detail, as they were intended to display in FS9, plus some of the additional perks of FSX.

You must first have the original SOH A-26 for FS9 installed into FSX, as I have only included the new files and the changed/edited files. If you have repaints installed, that call upon these FSX models, you will need to copy over the texture files from one of the contained texture folders.

For now, I am providing the converted files through Media Fire, which you can download at the following link. If after a few days there are no issues reported, I will then upload the files to the SOH library.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?oi2abelq9mdh5bj

I hope you enjoy it! If you do happen to spot something that you think is a problem/issue with the models, please let me know.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Thank you John!!! Its too bad you didn't do the B-26K also!

Unfortunately I never kept the source files for that one.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

A-26

Thanks John, what a treat to fly this beautiful bird in FSX. When I first came to Redding, California the A-26 was one of the main fire fighting aircraft stationed at the USFS base at Redding Muni. The Tracker was also there. Great work.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Thank you so much John; they look awesome in FSX. I really appreciate you doing this. Great job!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

John.....just took them for a ride......outstanding!!!! thank you so much for doing the full conversion.

I haven't been doing much sim work lately as I've been dealing with real life and bought a new toy......hope to get back to some P-51 stuff soon and buying Tear also. did you happen to se the latest magazine featuring the Nevada ANG P-51's?

Attachment 64914

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Thanks John .... just downloaded it.

I am now hoping that the original repaints work on it.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I also want to make a point to thank everyone, especially Milton, who reminded me about what I had said I would set out to do - something that I lost sight of for a while. Check Checkers and Dischem Specials.

I have left everything as original to the FS9 release as possible, so all of the textures for the models from FS9 will work just fine.

Awesome job, John! Thanks!

:ernae:
    Mark

This is great - Thank you!!!

Many thanks John
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Many thanks John for more great work on something other than a Mustang!! I shall now go and play with the paint kit.....!

BTW, you said it is now FSX-native; is it possible for me to make bump maps and specular shine files?

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

John, thankyou You worked so fast!

Going to check it out now

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Thank you John!!! Its too bad you didn't do the B-26K also!
    I've just copied John's new glass and prop files into the B-26K texture folders - everything seems to be OK. Not FSX-native obviously but useable I think.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Many thanks John for more great work on something other than a Mustang!! I shall now go and play with the paint kit.....!

BTW, you said it is now FSX-native; is it possible for me to make bump maps and specular shine files?

DaveQ
    Hi Dave,

It is FSX native, but there are no bump maps or spec maps assigned to the materials, so right now there isn't support for those, even if they were to be made. My plan was to wait until larger-resolution textures could be made (doubling the size of the original texures), and then bump and spec maps would be made/assigned then. That is something I set out to do, almost from the get-go several months back, but I could never get that work finished, so I finally set my sights on just doing the most basic FSX conversion, for now, so that everyone would finally have a true FSX version (despite no bump maps or spec maps). Unfortunately it could take me a while to complete something like that.

So...

I'm thinking that between taking some time today and some time tomorrow, I will try and create some good bump and spec maps from just the existing resolution textures/templates and assign those options to the exterior materials. I'll make the spec maps "neutral", so that they can be used with any repaint, without any side-effects that comes with making spec maps unique to one individual paint scheme. Of course everyone will also be free to make their own spec maps using the already existing paintkit, if they wish.

Still, for the time being, if you're interested, please do still download the above files, in order to fly the aircraft, problem free, in FSX. When I do have the specular and bump mapped versions ready, the files will just be updated and will be able to be installed over the existing files, again. If I can get that done within today/tomorrow, those will be the files I upload to the library.

Charter Member 2015
    Fantastic

Many Thanks John

Thanks for your efforts John - very well done, like to fly this great addon in FSX in all her beauty

Unfortunately I had forgotten just how many texture files there are that cover the exterior surfaces, and why I got bogged down in the first place, months ago. Between the aircraft's fuselage, wings, tail, cowlings and nacelles, there are 7 textures in all. That means that in order to have both spec maps and bump maps, the aircraft would have 21 textures, just to cover the surface of the aircraft. The only way to alleviate that would be to re-map the aircraft, but then of course old repaints would no longer work.

I figure I still will go forth with the bump maps, but will leave the spec maps out, with the specular remaining in control through the model.

Thank you very much, Bomber_12
    Italo

Also, I was reminded that a couple of the most amazing repaints produced for this aircraft in FS9, by Damian Radice, were made to be applied to the early gun nose variant that I released with the "Margie" repaint I did, so it is important to me to get that early gun nose variant reproduced for FSX as well.

Enjoying some time with one of Damian's repaints:

This looks great John.

We have one of these in Tatoi, my club's base, owned by a local shipowner and TV channel owner. It is in flying condition but rarely flies. I might try a repaint for this. Does this model also include a multigun nose version like this one? Correction: I now see in your first post that indeed a gun nose is included.

Attachment 64942Attachment 64943

Oooo it's so purty! Thank you for an amazing job :salute:

Thanks a bunch John... awesome work!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Thanks a lot for this conversion John !!

Members who have read this thread: 114