SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

Thread: SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

Hybrid View

SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

Hi all,

It was a great pleasure to convert this aircraft to FSX, with many thanks to Milton Shupe for providing his source files for the original FS9 models!

This conversion is fairly basic, but the models are now true FSX native. The aircraft will now display, in every detail, as they were intended to display in FS9, plus some of the additional perks of FSX.

You must first have the original SOH A-26 for FS9 installed into FSX, as I have only included the new files and the changed/edited files. If you have repaints installed, that call upon these FSX models, you will need to copy over the texture files from one of the contained texture folders.

For now, I am providing the converted files through Media Fire, which you can download at the following link. If after a few days there are no issues reported, I will then upload the files to the SOH library.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?oi2abelq9mdh5bj

I hope you enjoy it! If you do happen to spot something that you think is a problem/issue with the models, please let me know.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Thank you John!!! Its too bad you didn't do the B-26K also!

Unfortunately I never kept the source files for that one.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

A-26

Thanks John, what a treat to fly this beautiful bird in FSX. When I first came to Redding, California the A-26 was one of the main fire fighting aircraft stationed at the USFS base at Redding Muni. The Tracker was also there. Great work.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Thank you so much John; they look awesome in FSX. I really appreciate you doing this. Great job!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Unfortunately I never kept the source files for that one.
    you are so in troublebut thank you!
    H:ernae:
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

One of my favorite airplane movies... "Always"!!! Since Milton's A-26 has been refitted with some nice upgrades (FSX native), it's time to do some painting.

CG model of an A-26 Fire Eaters, similar to the one Pete flew in Always.

Plastic model kit of Ali's Fire Eater PBY.

Did a quick little clip, exploring different angles. The A-26 bay doors where open, but FSRecorder didn't pick that up in the playback.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Thank you John!!! Its too bad you didn't do the B-26K also!
    I've just copied John's new glass and prop files into the B-26K texture folders - everything seems to be OK. Not FSX-native obviously but useable I think.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

John or anybody,

Quick question... How do you hide the yoke in the FSX version? I can't get the slash key to work.

Thanks,
    Obie

Members who have read this thread: 111