Sad but true... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad but true...

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    None of the above. They were making some fundamental changes to the UI to allow for multiple scenery areas, in addition to many other fixes that were required.

Also, they took the time to add TrackIR support, and added axis control for incremental/differential toe brakes.
    Yes, I know. I guess I need a tongue-in-cheek emoticon.

Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    Yes

From Flight facebook:

"New plane tease!"

What does MS mean, "New plane tease!"?, it's the Carbon Cub VC, as Bill commented.
    Guess 'Flight' goes up one notch in my book, thousands more to go.
    (Only one as knowing Microsoft well, I'm sure we'll have to pay for it).

So.
    Would I be hoping waaaaaay too much for an operating GPS in the center of the VC instrument panel?
    Yeah.
    You're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    Would I be hoping waaaaaay too much for an operating GPS in the center of the VC instrument panel?
    Yeah.
    You're probably right.
    Well, in the meantime the freeware GMap for Flight fills in rather nicely!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Well, in the meantime the freeware GMap for Flight fills in rather nicely!
    No, actually it doesn't.
    Looking for usable GPS inside the sim.

Problem with GMap:
    - MS Flight fullscreen mode is not supported, GMap will only show in Windowed mode.
    I don't do Windowed mode.

If there were someway to simconnect it to my laptop like Plan-G, then yes.
    Otherwise have to pass on GMap.

If there were someway to simconnect it to my laptop like Plan-G, then yes.
    Otherwise have to pass on GMap.
    I run Flight in "pseudo-fullscreen" mode (no frame at all, no toolbar at top or bottom).

I'm also now running GMap on my Android Tablet via AirDisplay (acts as a 3rd monitor). In any case, Fermin figures on updating the FSWidgets client to include support for Flight within the next few months, which will the make all of the current tablet applications available to use with Flight.

Evenso, I agree wholeheartedly that MSGS really needs to provide at least the same level of GPS that they had in FS9/FSX. It's not as though they've got to invent something new after all!!!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

I hadn't flown it in such a long time, I forgot that the Icon has a GPS installed.
    So, why don't the rest????
    (See, this is the point where I would just go ahead and modify the various panel.cfg's and add the GPS as a pop-up on my own to solve the problem. If only I could....)

I hadn't flown it in such a long time, I forgot that the Icon has a GPS installed.
    So, why don't the rest????
    (See, this is the point where I would just go ahead and modify the various panel.cfg's and add the GPS as a pop-up on my own to solve the problem. If only I could....)
    Calling that travesty a "GPS" is a bit of a stretch, IMHO. With no zoom, no declutter, it's too small to be much good for much of anything.

What I find most curious though is that they're using the same basic gps module that was used for FS9 and FSX, so I have to wonder why they left it so crippled! :isadizzy:
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Calling that travesty a "GPS" is a bit of a stretch, IMHO. With no zoom, no declutter, it's too small to be much good for much of anything.

What I find most curious though is that they're using the same basic gps module that was used for FS9 and FSX, so I have to wonder why they left it so crippled! :isadizzy:

With TrackIR and leaning into the panel it sorta works.

Agree. I'd be happy with just the pop-up version of fs9gps.cab, give me something to work with! :costum:

Just for giggles, here is my simpit. Main screen is 42" LCD, left-side is 24" LCD, Toshiba Tablet in foreground. Sorry about the crappy picture, my
    JVC pocket digital recorder/camera sucks... :mix-smi:

PlanG and GMap is on the 24" monitor, GMap (FSX) disconnected of course, and Flight on main monitor...

Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

I still consider myself a supporter of Flight and am wanting to wait and see where it ends up, but... I really don't want to take the time and the hassle to setup two 3pd programs, feeding a flightplan from one into the other just to I have an idea where I am or where I'm going. :isadizzy:

Hawai'i I know enough to find my way anywhere. With Alaska I'd be happy just to have the Garmin 295(?) from FSX. I sooooo look forward to the functionality of the GPS in the soon-to-be-released Cub VC...

Quote Originally Posted by Meshman View Post
    I still consider myself a supporter of Flight and am wanting to wait and see where it ends up, but... I really don't want to take the time and the hassle to setup two 3pd programs, feeding a flightplan from one into the other just to I have an idea where I am or where I'm going. :isadizzy:
    I understand completely, however I really don't regret the seven minutes of my life it took to install and configure PlanG and GMap so I could use them for Flight...
    ...even though at nearly sixty-four years of age, every moment is very precious! :ernae:
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations