Installation guides for ETO and Rising Sun - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Installation guides for ETO and Rising Sun

BDP Zapper

I've been reinstalling ETO, and got Rev 1.40 to work OK, but when I run BDP Zapper in 1.50, apparently nothing happens. Rev 1.50 runs OK, but cfs3 doesnt shut down correctly using ctl shift Q as suggested here, and I get a warning "Unitdata model h75a3 in use", on next start up. Startup pauses and then proceeds OK.
    Can I just delete all the bdp files in ETO Expansion installed files? I suspect Zonealarm has modified BDP Zapper in some way.
    I'm hoping there is a shorter answer than going back to ETO REv1 instal, its been a 2 day task so far.

Grateful for any advice.

Yes, you can do a search for *.bdp in the ETO folder and sub-folders and then delete the results. I think the problem is to do with permissions in recent Windows versions.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Lightbulb ETO instal in Win10- Steady progress with much help -Thanks

Thanks for the advice on bdp & zx files. Did that successfully (sort of). I still get the "UnitdataModel h75a3 in use" warning, but startup proceeds, and ETO flies. I'd already made all the installed FTO files in App Data Administrator rights, and XP SP3 compatible to get the initial instal done.

My remaining problem is control settings for Joystick, Throttle & rudder pedals.

I've created a new Personal .xca file, using the CFS3 Control options, but it won't reliably change axis settings on the throttle and rudders. So I have carefully edited the personal copy of the .xca file. This works OK in my "Personal cfs3" instal. So I copied it into the CFS3 ETO folder. However I still have throttle & pitch affecting aerodynamic pitch and roll axes; and the joystick z axis affecting the rudder in ETO. So is there a trick in getting ETO to recognise a new .xca file? I just copied and pasted the file., and then closed the file window, and restarted ETOCFS3.

SOH-CM-2020
    try checking the xca file is still as you want it, and make it Read Only when you are happy with it??

Lightbulb xca settings

Thanks Daiwilletti.
    Can someone explain the syntax of these commands to me. For example:-

<Device Type="Saitek Pro Flight Quadrant">
    <GameMode Name="Player">
    <Axis ID="X" Action="AXIS_MIXTURE_SET" Scale="64" Nullzone="1"/>

The original setting for Nullzone was 36, and the mixture control had no effect. But making it 1 had no effect on that.

Similarly for
    <Axis ID="Y" Action="AXIS_THROTTLE_SET" Scale="127" Nullzone="1"/>

I can't get the P 47 throttle setting below 25", after changing the 36 nullzone to 1., and resaving the personal xca file, and reloading cfs3. So landing is tricky at 25" boost minimum.

And I observe when I calibrate in game, the numerical range is 0 to 255.

So my question is what do the scale & nullzone numbers set. Clearly my brain isn't functioning full range 0-255 either.

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi John,

Have you tried using the Help function in the main screen drop down menu, where you can find display settings, sound settings and also joystick settings? There may be a useful help page when looking via the drop down menu.

Can't check it myself at the mo'.

BTW, I tried to send you a PM and you don't seem to be set up to receive them.

Also, why not make this a new thread? We are getting off the topic for the sticky.

cheers,
    D

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCT-4 View Post
    I still get the "UnitdataModel h75a3 in use" warning, but startup proceeds, and ETO flies. .
    Hi John,

this means there is two h75a3.M3D files (with the same name) in your main game aircraft folder. you just need to remove the duplicate file. the game still runs as it ignores the newest dated file and runs the oldest dated file in game.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Do I understand one of the posts above to mean that one can do a search of any CFS3 installation for *.bdp and delete the hundreds/thousands of results?

What about *.zx files?

Quote Originally Posted by Threedp View Post
    Do I understand one of the posts above to mean that one can do a search of any CFS3 installation for *.bdp and delete the hundreds/thousands of results?

What about *.zx files?
    Yes, and yes.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

No problem zapping BDPs and ZXs in all of my installations save ETO. Constant CTDs with that now. I'll figure it out. I have only my own anal retentiveness to blame as I was not actually having problems!

UPDATE: Now it's working. Go figure.

P T O Rising Sun compatability

Running Windows 7 64 bit in what compatability mode is the correct one as ETO is run in XP 2 Mode.
    alcanallen.

I have Italian language version and my installation path is D:\Programmi\microsoft games\Combat flight simulator 3 and have windows 10 64 bit .
    Need to edited in the MASTERETOSTARTUP only ?
    Thank you for yours help.

PTO Rising Sun

Never have i had such hassles installing anything this has to be the most skittish install of all time,i get it to work for a while then it goes walkabout and gets it`s self stuck in some unearthly era what`s going on!

I have a lot of experience with computers and multiple installs of CFS3, and I have never been able to get the PTO theater swaping system to work correctly. I finally turned three of the theaters into dedicated installs, and gave up on the rest.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I have transfered my ETO game from the C drive to E drive.
    Even afther making the required changes in MASTERETOSTARTUP.bat and in the ETOGLSwapper.bat
    the game does not change to the required global_layer.csv.
    Should I do a ORIFs Re-install ?

When installing PTO Rising Sun on a different drive: D
    Do I have to modify the Rising_Sun Theatre_Selector.bat as the following :
    :SINO
    D:
    CD "C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CFS 3 PTO RisingSun_________"

or should it be
    C:

What about the 2sino_uisel.bat in the AppData>Roaming>Microsoft>Rising Sun_______ ?
    D:
    CD "D:\ Program Files\Rising Sun"

shoud it also be as shown in red ?

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    When installing PTO Rising Sun on a different drive: D
    Do I have to modify the Rising_Sun Theatre_Selector.bat as the following :
    D:

or should it be
    C:

What about the 2sino_uisel.bat in the AppData>Roaming>Microsoft>Rising Sun_______ ?
    D:
    CD "D:\ Program Files\Rising Sun"

shoud it also be as shown in red ?
    Hi gosd, don't change the appdata pathway, that is still on your C drive! Only change the pathways relevant to your install, which looks like it is D:\Program Files\Rising Sun

Got it working perfectly on my D drive .
    Thank you hairyspin and Daiwilletti for your help and patience .

Is it possible to transfer the rising sun game from one driver to another without having to do a complete reinstall ?

Yes, one can transfer any install to another drive but you have to redo the Appdata (win10) by running the MultiCFS3 app and cfs3config. As PTO doesn't have eras, it should be easier than ETO which requires batch file editing.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Installing ETO and PTO-RS is easy if instructions are followed closely. Have no problem running them with Win. 7 64 bit as my OS.

When installing 1.50, after putting the file remover bat into the main ETO Expantion folder, it says "If using Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1, you will then need to right-click on the CFS3 ETO Expansion Update Rev 1.50 File Remover.bat and set Compatibility under Properties to XP (Service Pack 3)." However, cant find that in properties. The tabs only have "General, Security, Details, and Previous versions."

Is this necessary for Win 10? Because when I run the .bat, (running as admin) in the dos box that pops up, a few lines says "The system cannot find the path specified" then it shuts down real quick.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Good news ! Glad you got it working. Just love the ETO expansion. One of the best ! Well worth the effort to install. Now for the rest of the expansions ! Regards,Scott

Thanks, but now I'm really excited as I just spent the last couple hours trying to once again get my head tracking to work in CFS3 ETO, and Lo and Behold it finaly works!
    Can't believe it!! Whoohoo!!

Now time to really get this sim tweaked out and fine tuned. My computer can definitely make it awesome looking!!!!