Trains Package in FS9

Thread: Trains Package in FS9

Trains Package in FS9

Is there a train package for FS9, payware or freeware?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I believe Tom Gibson at CalClassic has some trains, static as far as I know, to include in his scenery. Not sure if they are available as a separate package or not, but I am sure if you ask him he'll make it available to you.

Cheers
    Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post
    I believe Tom Gibson at CalClassic has some trains, static as far as I know, to include in his scenery. Not sure if they are available as a separate package or not, but I am sure if you ask him he'll make it available to you.

Cheers
    Stefan
    Thanks Stefan. I was thinking along the lines of AI trains moving through the landscape. That would be interesting as a scenery embellishment.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

If i remember correctly the Bill Lyons Travel air package had Ai trains added to the scenery.

A Search at flightsim for cc10taf.zip gives you the Bill lyons package that has the AI trains.Hope this is along the lines what your looking for Milton.

Thanks for the responses; I will check them out.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Haven't tried this, but saw a reference to the Tillamook, OR package I installed.
    :ernae:
    FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 SceneryFS2004 Scenery--The Oregon Coast Scenic RR
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: ocsr.zip Size: 3,618,441 Date: 04-26-2007 Downloads: 1,026
    FS2004 Scenery--The Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad. All aboard! This is a re-creation of the OCSR which runs from Garibaldi, Oregon along the seashore to Rockaway Beach. It is designed to compliment the Tillamook, Oregon Airport scenery by John McKeon and David "Opa" Marshall (TILLS47.ZIP and TILLUP.ZIP). The project utilizes objects from selected EZ Scenery and Rwy12 libraries as well as the new Railroad Object library by John McKeon (EZRROBJM.ZIP). If you have the Lago FSE program you will be able to hear the steam train whistle and the nearby seagulls as files for these sounds are included. This scenery was designed to display properly in the default FS2004 environment. Compiled for your flying enjoyment by David "Opa" Marshall.

--WH

Almost forgot but holger sandmans glaicer bay scenery also has trains running through the mountain passes.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Haven't tried this, but saw a reference to the Tillamook, OR package I installed.
    FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 SceneryFS2004 Scenery--The Oregon Coast Scenic RR
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: ocsr.zip Size: 3,618,441 Date: 04-26-2007 Downloads: 1,026
    FS2004 Scenery--The Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad. All aboard! This is a re-creation of the OCSR which runs from Garibaldi, Oregon along the seashore to Rockaway Beach. It is designed to compliment the Tillamook, Oregon Airport scenery by John McKeon and David "Opa" Marshall (TILLS47.ZIP and TILLUP.ZIP). The project utilizes objects from selected EZ Scenery and Rwy12 libraries as well as the new Railroad Object library by John McKeon (EZRROBJM.ZIP). If you have the Lago FSE program you will be able to hear the steam train whistle and the nearby seagulls as files for these sounds are included. This scenery was designed to display properly in the default FS2004 environment. Compiled for your flying enjoyment by David "Opa" Marshall.

--WH
    Hi,

yes, that's the scenery I linked to above.

Best regards,
    Volker

AI TRAINS IN FS9

Milton,

Just Flight's 'Flying Club', when it was originally issued for FS9, had a rendition of Shoreham Airport in the UK with an AI train running along the South Coast railway line.

Rgds
    Mal

Members who have read this thread: 2