New Al Qaeda Threat: Starting US Forest Fires

Thread: New Al Qaeda Threat: Starting US Forest Fires

ugh.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

This is a repeat and a old one at that....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_balloon
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

you know, the propaganda gets more ridiculous every day. i think what we need here, is alot of knee-jerk reactions that will inspire people to give away what little freedoms they have left.

i kicked the backboard on my desk when i read this....(knee jerk reaction) but ill be honest..in the 10 years i was a fire fighter..i was involved in several arson situations where wildland was used for monitary gain...i dont think its all that big of a stretch in some locations to think someone may use fire as a tool....but i dont think montana would be viable..maybe the malibu hills,,,san bernidino ..other populated places..but even at that..with the fire fighting resources as they are...its not likely to work...

the short form of what i meant was that we can't go through life looking for the terrorist boogeyman behind every tree and rock. i can sit here and write at least 10 more scary scenarios they might try, without even thinking hard. so could any of you. if mexico can sneak millions of people across the border, and no one stops them, you think al qaida cant get a handful of guys in here? and yet your government doesn't want to stop the illegal immigration. they called the citizen border watch "vigilantes". they're using your tax dollars to fight arizona so that they won't uphold a law that's already on the books. terrorists may come. but it's not something i'll worry about until i see one of them crouched in the bushes with a bic lighter and a can of ronsol.

In before the lock!

There are plenty of arsonists around who don't need guidance by terrorist organizations. Could terrorists do this? Sure. Will they? I doubt it. From what I've seen, terrorists like big events that come without warning. Sure, a big fire will cause financial loss, but little or no loss of life as you can usually evacuate. Terrorists prefer bombs. They detonate without warning, total surprise, loss of life, people are terrified. Can we completely protect ourselves from terrorism? No. We should maintain our freedoms, but be vigilant. Keep our eyes and ears open, control our borders, but don't put the entire nation on lock down.

Just my two cents, take it for what it's worth.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

ill help this along to a lock...lol....i was getting into arson investigation in the latter part of my fire department days...was involved with several arson cases involving structure fires,car fires,ect,,went to court and testified a few times...i was never an offical "investigator" but i was concidered a asstant ..i did alot of the dirty work,like using a small brush to clean minutte particals of charcole dust off a burn pattern,so it could be photographed and then..if possible..the entire piece removed..

but heres the yucky part....i spent the better part of a month....in the evenings ,,i still worked for my dad as a plumber in the day time,,then id go get a city pickup,was an old beat up chevy that was painted battleship grey....i know not why.... but kenny (digger) ,pete and i sat in that pickup every night for a month watching this road on the edge of the canyon over the middle fork of the american river,where the auburn dam was to be built,finally our target showed up,started the fire and took off on foot,,,,,pete was driving,,so digger and i bailed out and took chase on foot,,,pete headed up the hill to try to cut him off,same time calling in the fire...

we caught up to him finally,,,he had evaded us for about an hour...ok we lost him...but digger spotted a glint of the windshield...the fire was well set i must admit,and it was during a wind event.the fire at this point was a cool 200+ acres in brush and burning around home..old homes,built in the late 1800s ok old to us..digger got on the HT to pete and advised him we could see the car.and the PD was going to meet us to do the confrontation.but the guy started his car so digger and i pounced,,,,,,,he was naked,,completely...and his belly,,was covered with...well use your imagination.....but he had really enjoyed himself......was disgusting....he was put away for 30 years..but was also brought up and child endangerment charges unrelated to the arson charges and was found stabbed in his cell...

btw..he was a wealthy son of a prominant lawyer in town...

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Can we completely protect ourselves from terrorism? No. We should maintain our freedoms, but be vigilant. Keep our eyes and ears open, control our borders, but don't put the entire nation on lock down.

Just my two cents, take it for what it's worth.
    i'll put my 2¢ with your 2¢