Adding Static Aircraft to Duxford

Thread: Adding Static Aircraft to Duxford

Adding Static Aircraft to Duxford

I've flipped over the Duxford freeware. I'd like to add more static aircraft to the display. Any help or advice as to how to do that would be welcomed.

dvj

dvj, there are several ways to place static aircraft in scenery within FSX. I use two interchangeably and together. First is the Object Placement tool of the FSX SDK. You can read all the manuals that are very well written for how to. The other which is a little more difficult, is SBuilderX. You can't see where you are placing the item visually like in Object Placement tool but if you know where you want your object and you know the elevation, coordinates and direction it is just fine. Once I have my static objects converted to a bgl file, I usually append them into SBuilderX making the final package much easier to use. You will use Object Placement Tool from within FSX bringing it up from the menu at the top of the screen once you press Alt. You must install the SDK and set it up first. :salute:

Hope this helps!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

You can also add AI aircraft that appear to be parked there all the time (but set to fly somewhere else or just back to Duxford in the middle of the night).
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.