ME262, real flight, inside and external view

Thread: ME262, real flight, inside and external view

ME262, real flight, inside and external view

White 3 Flight Test/Delivery
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULkMi...feature=relmfu

" White 3 flight test and delivery to The Fighter Factory in Virginia. Video courtesy of Chris Stuart, Bud Granley, Mike Anderson and Jason Fortenbacher. "

Beautiful. Got to get me down there.

Right now the aircraft is at the Fighter Factory's/Military Aviation Museum's Suffolk facilities, rather than the actual location of the museum (which is in Virginia Beach). Hopefully it will be partaking in the Museum's May air show.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

too cool!
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

SOH-CM-2024
    I doubt they can land it at the Museum at Va. Beach, due to the short grass airstrip.

That's true Caz. I think the only possibility of seeing it at MAM shows, would be for over-flights. The main airstrip is long enough for the museum's B-17, which operates from the Virginia Beach location, but I don't think it is suited for jet-operations (even though during the war, the original 262's of course were flown at times from rather rough field conditions). I was hoping that the the museum's Mig-3 might be making an appearance at this year's show, but it isn't looking like it, as it isn't on the list of participants - I know several were hoping to see it last year, but it was at the Suffolk facility, under-going quite a bit of work to resolve problems from its restoration in Russia.

There is an original former WWII-era Luftwaffe hangar being re-assembled at the Virginia Beach location (I don't know the current status of it (it might be nearing completion by now), but here is a video from March 16 showing it being erected: http://www.militaryaviationmuseum.or...viation-museum). When completed, the MAM want to have all of their Luftwaffe aircraft hangared in it.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    I actually volunteer at this place (the Military Aviation Museum), and got a change to ask Mr. Yagen about this bird on Saturday. It will not be coming to the museum unless they get an FAA waiver for a 1 time flight in... Right now I think the intent is to leave it at Suffolk so it can be flown... If you come to the Warbirds Over The Beach Airshow on May 18-19 he said they intend on at least flying it over!!

On a side note he also has a F-190A that they are hoping to get the engine into at the Fighter Factory (at the museum, not Suffolk Apt) before the airshow commences. When I was there last weekend the engine was still being built up for install. It would be awesome though to see the Me-262, and F-190 flying together. Not to mention they will be flying Chuckie (B-17G) with the Lancaster coming to the airshow from Canada!! Hope to see some of you guys there as it is looking to be awesome. Thanks for the video as well. Until now I had only heard about the Me-262. Unfortunately I was told I cannot go visit it.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Roadburner, the Navy owns an original 2 seater Me 262. Last I knew for sure where it was at was NAS Willow Grove. Now that the Navy has pulled out of there, I don't know know where they've moved it to or if they just left it there. I did see some reference to it's being belonging to the Naval Aviation Museum's collection, but they've got aircraft scattered all across the country.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

SOH-CM-2019
    Magnificent video clip there Solobo.
    As soon as I kick this flu I have picked up I will drag my Flight Replicas ME 262 out of the hanger and fly this beautiful airplane in the sim world.
    Come to think of it, I am sure those howling jets would clear any head so I might just do it right now!!!
    Thanks for posting this.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Roadburner, the Navy owns an original 2 seater Me 262. Last I knew for sure where it was at was NAS Willow Grove. Now that the Navy has pulled out of there, I don't know know where they've moved it to or if they just left it there. I did see some reference to it's being belonging to the Naval Aviation Museum's collection, but they've got aircraft scattered all across the country.
    I am unaware of those birds, but that is cool! This bird in the video is a replica. Mr. Yagen's FW-190 is also a replica as well (with about 10% original source parts). The aircraft in the video was built by a company somewhere in Washington if I remember correctly. It has 2 GE J-85 turbo jets, and is a complete new build airframe. It is also convertable from a single seat, to dual seat training configuration by swaping canopies/panels. In fact his P-51D and P-40E have second seats installed as well as he likes to take his wife flying. If I ever get permission and a chance to go see it believe me I will be taking tons of pictures and will put them up here. I am not sure how far Suffolk Airport is from me though. The museum itself is a 40 mile drive 1 way for me though.

As far as original Me-262's I really do not know about any even left in existence. The only original Luftwaffe anything I know of is the Go-229 sitting in the Smithsonian's warehouse with its wings removed. The Go-229 and Me-262 are my favorite axis planes from the war. Although I never anticipate actually being able to see an original in real life.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    As far as original Me-262's I really do not know about any even left in existence. The only original Luftwaffe anything I know of is the Go-229 sitting in the Smithsonian's warehouse with its wings removed.
    If you ever make it to the UK, there's an original Me-262 in the RAF Museum at Hendon, north London. Rarer still is the Me-163 Komet at the Scottish Museum of Flight at East Fortune, near Edinburgh, Scotland.

Thanks for the video link Solobo!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

The bunch that built the replicas restored the Navy's 262, used it as a pattern and then returned it to Willow Grove.

http://www.stormbirds.com/project/index.html

The Navy's original Me 262B after restoration

http://www.stormbirds.com/project/ga...llery_35_1.htm

The USAF Museum also has an original Me 262 and I think that the Smithsonian does as well. There are several surviving originals worldwide including another 2 seater. There was a rumor a few years ago on here about someone restoring an original to airworthiness using original Jumo engines, but I think that person was confused about the new builds at Boeing Field. I can't imagine someone risking an original in flight, especially with those temperamental Jumos.

The default sounds for the CFS 3 Me 262 were recorded from one of the new build J-85 engined aircraft.

Hi gentlemen, Hi NAMBUS, how are you my friend ? :salute:

... interesting informations in this thread...