The Mount Nelson Hotel in Cape Town

Thread: The Mount Nelson Hotel in Cape Town

The Mount Nelson Hotel in Cape Town

While in the Modern Era, it has been throughly modernized, in the Golden Age, the Mount Nelson Hotel was full of Imperial splendor. It's the "Nellie's" bar that has been selected for the post flight "de-briefing" for all pilots.

Feel free to post tales of daring and your experiences in the Cape to Cape here. Pictures are naturally welcome.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

"Nellie's" .... very accommodating, and comfortable atmosphere.

Food's good too .... never know who will come through here.

Isn't that the guy that flew over the South Pole? ... wonder what he's doing here?

Cape Town in the late thirties is jumpin' .... opportunity is what I see ......

Just relaxing ... there's the feeling something is coming up.

Oh well ... til then ... "hey Sam! ... another Manhattan over here .... and Cosmo for the Lady"

I can't believe .... now that we are finally here ... the crew is homesick for Norway?

Boy I tell ya right now ... these Gals today ... ya can't live with 'um .... ya can't live without 'um ... am I right?
    salt_air

It was a great flight down here although I have to admit that the dead reckoning bits did increase the pucker factor a bit. Still it was quite the experience although I'm in no hurry to repeat it at the moment.

I took the profits from my cargo of "Norwegian smoked eels" that I hauled down here and bought a DC-2 that might come in handy for the next event. I've heard that KLM almost won the MacRobertson with one a few years back.

Barkeep! Another round for the guys here... Put it on Salt's tab!
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Members who have read this thread: 1