Barkston Warbirds 14-15 April 2012. RC Aircraft

Thread: Barkston Warbirds 14-15 April 2012. RC Aircraft

Barkston Warbirds 14-15 April 2012. RC Aircraft

As some of you may or may not know I regularly attend "Warbird" meetings all over the country.

Myself and my trusty old Fokker DVIII took the anual pilgrimage to Barkston Heath home of the British Nationals.

As usual camping was the order of the weekend. Got down to -3 degrees on the Saturday night. I think it is time to trade the tent in for a small caravan.

The weather was typically April showers. Shame this year they included some really heavy hail showers.

So despite the wors efforts of the weather, a good couple of days was had by all.

In no particular order a few shots from the weekend. Was way to busy yarnin and enjoying myself to do to much photography.

Did fly on the Saturday afternoon. Took off in a strong wind and after a few circuits one of the many showers fell. For those of you who wear glasses, never fly in the rain! Could not see a blurry thing. So landed and as is usual with the DVIII over she nosed. Another prop gone.

Oh well.

The pictures.

Barkston Warbirds 2012 (20) by Kevin Fairgrieve, on Flickr

Barkston Warbirds 2012 (17) by Kevin Fairgrieve, on Flickr

Barkston Warbirds 2012 (60) by Kevin Fairgrieve, on Flickr

Barkston Warbirds 2012 (90) by Kevin Fairgrieve, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

The other 100 os so pictures can be found here.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinfa...7629832274603/

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Wow! Sweet! Thanks for sharing!!!
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

"Did fly on the Saturday afternoon. Took off in a strong wind and after a few circuits one of the many showers fell. For those of you who wear glasses, never fly in the rain! Could not see a blurry thing. So landed and as is usual with the DVIII over she nosed. Another prop gone. Oh well. "

Well, like we say out at my RC Club's Flying Field, You were kinda lucky as you still only had to bend over once to get your airplane..... I've had my share of times when it took several times bending over to retrieve the pieces.

RD

Excellent pics

Quote Originally Posted by rdaniell View Post
    "Did fly on the Saturday afternoon. Took off in a strong wind and after a few circuits one of the many showers fell. For those of you who wear glasses, never fly in the rain! Could not see a blurry thing. So landed and as is usual with the DVIII over she nosed. Another prop gone. Oh well. "

Well, like we say out at my RC Club's Flying Field, You were kinda lucky as you still only had to bend over once to get your airplane..... I've had my share of times when it took several times bending over to retrieve the pieces.

RD
    I can sure relate to that quote, RD
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment