(Payware) KCFS releases the KCFS Seabee SP1!

Thread: (Payware) KCFS releases the KCFS Seabee SP1!

(Payware) KCFS releases the KCFS Seabee SP1!

Hay guys! Its been a long road, but I hope its well worth it. The SP1 took is a bit longer then we had hoped, so we included a bunch of new features with the standard bug fixes that come with SP's. We debated on if we wanted to call this an "enhancement pack" since the new feature list grew longer then the bug list!!!

Please take a look at the new visuals I added to the Seabee. We enhanced the normal maps (both internal and external) and even added a PAX (customer request)! Passenger is removable by moving the seat slightly forward, if you like to fly solo For current customers, just download the new Flight 1 wrapper listed on the page below, and install on top of your current install.

If you have custom livery's, remember to BACK UP any edits in the aircraft.cfg so you can re-insert them into the NEW aircraft.cfg file after the update.

This is definitly not the last SP for the Seabee, as we have many more enhancements planned for the summer!

As always, if you find bugs, please visit us at the KCFS forums and let us know! Any other comments, questions or suggestions feel free to post them here at SOH!!!

http://www.kcflightshop.com/
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Just installed SP1 Kevin and guess what? I'm still getting the water spout when I apply the "anchor" at sea. Too late(early?) to check the other bits. But as soon as the Bahrain Formula 1 practice #2 is finished late morning, I'll continue to play/test.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Thats very odd. I thought we got that one fixed! I will look into it.

*EDIT* just double checked and im not getting the water spout at all. Did you install new or on top of the old?
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

I installed brand new to keep things totally separate during "testing." Just to be sure, I re-verified I had the SP1 release with the extra pair of skins and the lady passenger -- I do.

I tested the anchor with both the VC "brake" key and the keyboard method(ctr+'.'). The spout pops on using either method.

Also you changed the wake and spray effect which I thought may be the cause, but since I don't have the new effect(fx_wake_s) all I got was a flat sea at take off and landing, so I reverted to the default:
    wake=fx_wake_s//fx_wakeBow_carrier// fx_wake
    water=fx_wake_s// fx_spray

I did notice one other bit, but not sure if it is wrong or more likely a fsX limitation. The Seabee will drift in a 10 to 16 knot wind regardless if the anchor is deployed.

Every thing else looks great especially the bare metal
    Racartron

interesting. I can't reproduce it on my side any longer. The spray was found to be sound triggered, if that helps. Can you send me a screenshot?

Also, anyone else having the spray when parked on water?

And yes, the anchor line is just for looks, like the tie down ropes on land.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

I deleted the install and installed it a new. this time I do not get the spout The only thing I did differently was to install directly into fsX. The first time I put it into a temp folder as I always do. That meant I had to manually move the one effect and one sound file into their proper place and of course the plane itself.

If the spout was sound related it appears I may have messed up on the transfer. Anyway this time was successful. Now off to the races (actually Bahrain practice).

Thanks for hanging in with me overnight
    Racartron

Kevin,
    Great job! Spray is gone!
    SP1 works great....love the shiny metal one

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Mr. Kevin,
    I´m unable to find the uninstal.exe for the plane (Looked in control panel->uninstall and in the plane folder). Can you tell me the name of the uninstall file and where it is? I think uninstalling the original plane is the best, isnt´t it?
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

No need to uninstall , overwrite and run the installer as an administrator allowing it to do its job , do not manually install the pieces from a destop folder .

I can't seem to see where to get the service pack. Nothing of mention in the KCFS forums either unless I overlooked it. I'll have a look in the beta area.

I always thought the pilot was setting in a strange position. Looks like he is leaning back. Same now for the co-pilot. Is this the normal setting position for the B ?

To get the Sp1, just re-download the exe from the products page. There is no uninstaller. If you want to uninstall the Seabee, just delete the folder from your sim objects/aircraft folder.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Also, I get wake, but no spray with SP1. This is what's in the config file. This was an over-write of the original installation.

wake=fx_wake_s//fx_wakeBow_carrier//fx_wake
    water=fx_wake_s//fx_spray

Love the metal

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Is the Seabee with the upgraded, bigger hp engine, and longer wings still a thought?

Tom

Yes, we are still planning on doing the Lycoming powered Seabee with extended wing tips and new coweling. The V-8 powered "Super Bee" is also possible, but it all depends on how well things go. Im also thinking about recording a sound pack soon once weather clears up. I have a local Seabee owner willing to give me a ride so I can do some recordings, but its down for its annual and weather up here (Seattle) has been crap since November!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

How to

get these huge texture files down to 1 mg instead of over 4 mgs they are so my system can run this, especially in ORBX.
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    get these huge texture files down to 1 mg instead of over 4 mgs they are so my system can run this, especially in ORBX.
    You can resize them all, but it will greatly lower visual quality. Maybe I can do a 1K texture pack for people who need the performance? I dont think it would take all that much to do it.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbage View Post
    You can resize them all, but it will greatly lower visual quality. Maybe I can do a 1K texture pack for people who need the performance? I dont think it would take all that much to do it.
    Thanks that would be great. Maybe some people will see a difference but these old eyes can't see any difference from some of my older planes with the smaller texture sizes and they will work much better on my computer.
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbage View Post
    Hi Kevin,

I'm having the same problem as Reddog in Orbx N.A.. For instance, I have no problem running Lionheart's Aerospool Dynamic and other planes at Orcas with the addons Accu-Feel and FSDiscover. But when I activate FSDiscover with the Seabee, FSX freezes then crashes. I'm don't know 1k textures from 4k textures, it's all magic to me. I just assume the high quality visuals are sucking up a lot of memory and causing FSX to crash. I'm running XP 32bit, an i7 975, and a Nvidia GTX 285 and 2.9 g of ram. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe