New member of my family

Thread: New member of my family

New member of my family

Hey Guys and Gals

I know this isn't FS related but I wanted to introduce you to my new little buddy. He is a rescue/adoption 4 1/2 month old Malti Tzu. His mother is Maltese and father is Shih Tzu. An elderly breeder had a stroke and could not take care of the last litter so they were adopted out by the NHCHS and I got the only male of the bunch. I have had him 3 days and he is so smart, he now goes to the front door and stands there to let me know it's time to potty. He has had one little potty mistake but has picked up on the pee outside concept very quickly. When he lays down he pops all 4 legs out and looks like a little bear rug so I named him Bear. I have only heard him bark once and that’s because I went out the door without him and he let me know that was not acceptable. And one of the great things about the Malti Tzu is they don't shed, loose hair has to be brushed out and he already loves that, along with a belly rub. In a few weeks I'm going to start him on FSDS and maybe he can do a better job than I can:costumes:.

Chris

This is very cool Chris. Always nice to hear of a pet finding a good home. Don't know what I would do without my trusty Lab-Mix, Liam.

Take care, Mike

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Good looking little pup!
    H

A good dog (or dogs in my case) is a great thing. I'm glad to hear he was a rescue, both my dogs were rescued from the pound.

Thanks Flyboy, Henry & Slund
    Hes a great little fella, picky little guy though. He wont eat the dry puppy food I got him so I just got back with something moist and meaty called Cesar and he ate it all and then started on the bowl

Chris

Hansom friends you have there guys, I just love dogs

NCG

Congrats on the adoption. He's a cute little fella. I don't have pics of my two handy...Brutus is a Chihuahua/Jack Russell mix and tips the scales at 13 pounds. Hazel is an almost 10 month old Chihuahua and tips the scales around 8 pounds or so...very stocky gal, lots of muscle.

On the dry vs moist food tip: Get him to eat the dry. Moist food can result in the build up of tartar and plaque on his teeth, which can lead to costly and/or life threatening health issues. Begin by mixing a little dry in with the moist, then gradually increase the dry and reducing the moist until he is eating nothing but dry food. His teeth will stay cleaner, his breath will be fresher, and his level of health will be better overall.

And, if you can teach a dog to use FSDS, then you are a BAAAAAAD Man and should really write up some tutorials to teach all of us knuckle headed simmers how to use it.

OBIO

PS: The handsome pooch in my avatar is/was Spud, a Bansenji/Jack Russell mix that absolutely was the best dog I have ever had the pleasure of being owned by. Super Smart, super loyal, super in every way. Had the sweetest personality and was exceptionally gentle and friendly...Unfortunately, we lost him January 07 due to sudden onset of seizures. He was only 17 months old, and had only been in our lives for 14 months..I still miss that dog, think about him daily, and shed tears for him nearly daily still.

Hey OBIO

I tried mixing a little dry and he just sniffs it and walks away, kinda funny but has me worried. I hate to let him be hungry but I guess a little "tuff" love is needed. I took him out and ran him for over and hour and thought he would jump right into it but he drank some water and passed out.. lol So I guess I'll wait until he wakes and see what he does. I bought my daughter a Jack Russell a few years back and they are so sweet and loyal, great dogs!

Chris

Congrats on your adoption of young Bear!

Welcome, Bear, to your forever home!

Bless you, Chris, for taking in a rescue. May you share many years of happiness!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Great to hear about your new famliy member Chris. They are great friends, arent they? Sort of like kids.

Ive adopted my sisters little boy, Junior. A long story, and was having difficulties fitting back into moms home with all the heard, so I have taken him in.

He's about a year and a third old, loves to fetch his 'Binky-Bink' toy (he has several toys including a 'Miski' toy mouse, which he gently mangles, but amazingly doesnt destroy).

Fun little dude.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Love you little bundle of fur, Chris.

Last year we rescued a 1 year old, 3 legged Pit Bull. I'm a cat person at heart, but Shana has shown me how pleasurable a really good, and smart, pooch can be. Come time for another dog, it will definitely be another rescue and, most likely, a Pit Bull.

Bob
    CPU: Intel i7-5960X OC 4.5
    MOBO: Asus X99 Deluxe
    RAM: 16GB (4x4) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2800
    GPU: Asus STRIX GeForce GTX980
    PSU: SeaSonic X850
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB (FS9)
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (FSX)
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
    HDD: WD 7200 Black 1TB
    CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo (white)
    CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

Sweet looking pup you got there! I have a 6 month old female Shih-Poo (Shih Tzu - Poodle mix) named Coco. She is so sweet and lovable, and like Bear smart as a whip. Can't imagine how we got along without her before. Loves her tummy rubs, goes into a coma and will lay there forever while you rub her tummy, then beg for more when you quit.

Keep trying with the dry food, it really is better for them. Plus, the moist food can clump together if they try to eat too fast and cause them to choke. I almost lost one dog to that a few years back, scared the life out of me!

~A~

pointy31
    Quote Originally Posted by NCGent View Post
    Thanks Flyboy, Henry & Slund
    Hes a great little fella, picky little guy though. He wont eat the dry puppy food I got him so I just got back with something moist and meaty called Cesar and he ate it all and then started on the bowl

Chris

Hansom friends you have there guys, I just love dogs

Hey Chris, thanks for that tip. I have a 9 month old Yorkie-Poo, and he is a really picky eater, what works today, wont work tomorrow. He was on dry puppy food when we got him, but after he smelled all this Cajun food being cooked, he got real finickey...:isadizzy:

Nice pup there NCGent! Here's a pic of our girls (aka: The Three Stooges). (l-r) Pebbles the turbo dog, Dinky the mama of the other two and the bug killer, and my special buddy Sassy.

Sassy is the picky eater out of the the three. She's even turned her nose up at people food (she won't eat pepperoni unless it's been cooked on a pizza :isadizzy.

With Min Pins, ya gotta love 'em or you'll kill 'em.....

Cute little ones there Willy.
    Thanks Mick, Bill, Bob, Astoroth & Pointy

Come on folks, lets see some more Little friends Pics. I love to hear these stories.

Chris

Dogs are awesome. I've pretty much had a dog all my life except for the period between high school and when I got married. The Marine Corps wouldn't allow pets at the barracks.

I've mostly had German Shepherds or Malamutes/Husky mix. My last two dogs have been Boxers.

This is my four year old Boxer "Leilah" (like Laila Ali the boxer). Anyways, she was not a rescue. One of my co-workers bred his Boxers and gave me Leilah. She's kind of crazy but she's a great dog; very smart and very loyal. Needless to say she is a very important member of my family.

Here she is doing what she does best "napping"