REX, GEX, UTX and traffic questions

Thread: REX, GEX, UTX and traffic questions

REX, GEX, UTX and traffic questions

Since I got FSX running pretty good again, I figured I would add some stuff . I have GEX,and loaded it , I have REX, but not yet loaded it. I want to get UTX, but will all 3 be compatible . Any certain order they should be installed .

I'm interested in getting a traffic program . Maybe traffic x or similar . Could someone give me some info about it . Is it easy to use . What aircraft come with it. Any thing would be of great help .

I have all three running together just fine.
    Each, basically, does it's own separate job in FSX so shouldn't be any problems.
    Mine were installed in the order I bought them, UTX, GEX, then REX last.
    But I don't think it matters what order they are installed.

Since you already have GEX installed, install UTX and then rerun the GEX interface and run the patch for the UTX textures. It replaces a few textures installed by UTX in order to be more compatible with the GEX textures.

REX can be installed any time.

I run all of these. After you load each one,reboot defrag, then run FSX and make sure all is ok.. Go to Flightone's forums for the order,patched ,issues ect. Good to read over thse forums before getting to involved since most issues/problems have happened and are posted here.
    Then once all are loaded,defragged ect, then MytrafficX should be last as for me it was the only one that caused issues.
    Its a large program and installs hundreds of planes and I ran into a few AFCAD issues such as Edwards AFB. Also expect 15% traffic to be more like 75% that FSX shows. So its easy to bog down the system with to much ai. There are tweeks such as aircraft detail,schedules ect and alot of other options that just confused me.
    So of all of the above Mytraffic was the most confusing and caused the most issues. I also used a external hd to store all of the above textures,fex,gex,utx, off my main hd since all together they are huge.
    Having good weather is crucial so ActiveSky goes well with FEX or Rex and I consider a must have.
    Good luck and take it step by step.

Thanks everyone . Do any of these have to be minimized to work or install,setup and forget .Thanks again .

Install each one like I suggested and then understand it before piling on the rest.
    Most are just textures so once you set your preferences,load them and that it.
    I run Activesky Evolution which is the only one that you start it then once it loads you then click the FSX icon in its menu. This is because it downloads the current weather "dynamic" ands then updates it as you fly.

Members who have read this thread: 0