Stuart Green's WW1 planes - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stuart Green's WW1 planes

Here are some pics from an old Voss Campaign I was working on for Aerocrate years ago. This was done before some of the planes were updated.

It's been slow going, but have Stuart's SPAD7 and AlbD3 up and running with new airfiles and DPs. So far, they will formation fly [important in WWI Missions], but will break off, acquiring targets on their own, during engagements. They do not sit there like ducks on a pond, waiting to be shot at, but will do a fair amount of wiggling when engaged. Also have the Caudron up, although the AI won't yet stay in a Mission formation, so I still have to play with the airfile a bit. Worked up a front/rear gun and 250lbs bombload on the DP, as it was historically. THANX to Stuart, Oldwheat and B24Guy for making these wonderfull models available in CFS2.... they are a joy to work with.

More later... AER_DaddyO

"Don't just stand there.... get one up!"

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    Yes!! That's what I'm talkin' about !!

Library Staff
    Seven years later . . . it's finally going to happen!

Stuart Green's Zeppelin-Staaken R.VI, Albatros D.III, Spad VII and a second edition of the Caudron G.IV will soon be uploaded.

The B24 Guy, AER_DaddyO, Ravenna and I have been working on the Staaken. I found B24 Guy's model conversions for the Albatros and Spad and am presently working on the panels for those aircraft. AER_DaddyO fixed the floor roller shutter on the Caudron and corrected the weight of the hand bombs.

Watch this space.

Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Staaken 10.jpg   Staaken 9.jpg   Staaken 2.jpg   Staaken 1.jpg  

Those will be very welcome indeed! Thanks for sticking with it.

Kevin,
    Thanks for tying all this together. Your panels are looking great. I seem to remember that Aer_DaddyO was also working on some floatplanes.

Library Staff
    UncleTgt has done a beautiful RNAS skin for the Caudron G4. Thanks John!

We needed something to bomb Ravenna's and Allen's lovely Zeebrugge scenery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SG_Caudron_G4_RNAS_MAR16b.jpg   SG_Caudron_G4_RNAS_MAR16a.jpg  

Kool. Its great to see someone pickup the torch. If I can get some free time I may get back into it myself.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

A new skin for the Stuart Green Snipe converted for CFS2, Ltn Thomas Baker, 4th AFC 1918 soon, with originals Stuart Green FS9 Gauges
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Baker_Snipe.jpg  

Thaanks Klein. Lovely work!

Library Staff
    Not only that, Martin Klein has converted Stuart's original gauges for the Caudron and Staaken! Thanks very much Martin!

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Not only that, Martin Klein has converted Stuart's original gauges for the Caudron and Staaken! Thanks very much Martin!

Kevin
    That's a process i would be very interested in knowing more about. There are a multitude of FS9 gauges which would serve well in CFS2 compatibility.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Great, thank you!

Did you fix the cowling transparency? There used to be an alpha channel which made every metalic part half transparent.

Hello All

I joined the skin and gauges for the Snipe, it's the Snipeset.cab converted to Snipeset.gau, permitting to use the original panel.cfg "as it".

I need testers for these gauges, I tried it on Win XP and Win 8.5 in lone flight with no problems, but I didn't try in dogfights with big formations or in use with ennemy AI, may be it's too "heavy" for that, in case of recurents "drops to desk", go to the gauges folder and delete Snipeset.gau, and please, tell me, I can make a "lighter" version for CFS2, may be the sim don't need two different clocks, a tunable altimeter, and workings electrical panel and pitch-trim.

I hope you'll enjoy ;-)

Martin Klein

SG_Snipe_CFS2_Baker.zip

Library Staff
    Hi Martin,

Thanks for doing an Australian skin - it's a beautiful job!

The gauges are all working properly. I've only tested the aircraft in free flight so far.

So as not to have the mini panel overlaying the main panel, this entry needs amending as follows:

[Window02]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=512,100
    position=7
    visible=0 (Changed from 1 to 0)
    ident=MINIPANEL
    child_3d=1

Shift 2 will bring up the mini panel.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Hi Martin

Gauges working for me as well... on win 7 pro.

Excellent job on gauges ... fs9 to cfs2 that's quite an accomplishment!! .

Cheers mav

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    That's a process i would be very interested in knowing more about. There are a multitude of FS9 gauges which would serve well in CFS2 compatibility.
    Hello Bearcat

I'm not a programmer of any computer language, I set up FS2K Panels SDK, visual studio express 2008(free) and windows SDK (free), and try to modify the samples that are included in the SDK, the first thing to try is to compile the sample gauges, in command lines from VS studio express.
    from the command prompter, go to the folder where are the samples and send "nmake", if your environment is well configured, you'll have a sample gauge, and all that stays is to try to modify the sample codes to fit with the XML ones. Dai Griffiths made an excellent tuto on C gauges, I advise strongly everybody trying this exercise to read it.

Good luck
    Martin Klein

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Hi Martin,

Thanks for doing an Australian skin - it's a beautiful job!

The gauges are all working properly. I've only tested the aircraft in free flight so far.

So as not to have the mini panel overlaying the main panel, this entry needs amending as follows:

[Window02]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=512,100
    position=7
    visible=0 (Changed from 1 to 0)
    ident=MINIPANEL
    child_3d=1

Shift 2 will bring up the mini panel.

Cheers,
    Kevin
    Thanks Kevin, I'll follow your advise

All the best

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    Great, thank you!

Did you fix the cowling transparency? There used to be an alpha channel which made every metalic part half transparent.
    Hello Roxane

the transparency has not to be fixed on all BMPs
    you must keep the Alpha:
    - On Pilot2.bmp, to permit to Stuart Green to see threw his Goggles
    - On Snipe_bottom_wing.bmp for the Oil pressure gauge to show
    -On Snipe_interior for the crosshair, the electric threads
    -On Snipe_interior2.bmp for the Windscreen
    and on the Sopwith_logo if used.

all that stays can be set to DXT1

best regards
    Martin Klein

Quote Originally Posted by Klein View Post
    Hello Bearcat

I'm not a programmer of any computer language, I set up FS2K Panels SDK, visual studio express 2008(free) and windows SDK (free), and try to modify the samples that are included in the SDK, the first thing to try is to compile the sample gauges, in command lines from VS studio express.
    from the command prompter, go to the folder where are the samples and send "nmake", if your environment is well configured, you'll have a sample gauge, and all that stays is to try to modify the sample codes to fit with the XML ones. Dai Griffiths made an excellent tuto on C gauges, I advise strongly everybody trying this exercise to read it.

Good luck
    Martin Klein

Thanks for the reply Martin...can i get a link to that tuto? Or you can PM me for my email addy.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"