Stuart Green's WW1 planes - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuart Green's WW1 planes

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    I found a fix for the slight glitch on the Pfalz DIIIa ( The elevator tended to disappear) with The B24 Guy's help, thanks!. However, I discovered just now another little thingy. Scott has apparently added ( probably with not a little effort) ailerons to the wings which, unfortunately, the caudron didn't possess. It was a 'wing-warper' kinda like the Fokker Eindecker. I know, I'm 'rivet counting' & not a big deal in the overall scheme of things. Everything else seems to function nicely with all of the fixes, thanks again Scott!

Hi Oldwheat,

The ailerions were there, I just anamated them. I can make them not function without much effort.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Old Wheat I really do appreciate the new MDLs on the SG aircraft. All the control surfaces work in a realistic manor. I love the way the pilot keeps looking around. My Albatros Datafile does state the G.4 had wing warping controls. Thanks.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    Attachment 64761

I am presently working on the Pfalz to bring it up to upload status. Next in line will be the caudron.

I just noticed this thread, and there is interrest in them from me. I love World War I air combat. I hope you continue with the project and get hem out there to us...i love the Snipe.....
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

Would anyone be aware of a skin or skins for the Caudron? I know there had been some great repaints for the D.VII and the Pfalz.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    I know of this one: http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=96960 & I plan to do a skin or two as things progress.

Thanks oldwheat just installed it.

Wonder what would be the cause of this: some of the fs2004 to CFS2 WWI aircraft that I have done would cause the plane to shake until 1000 ft was attained. Then no shaking after that. I can stop the engines and glide back down with no power and the shaking re-occurs at 1000 ft.
    This is the G.4 I'm flying and the I'm not sure which air file I used in the conversion. Would that air file have some way to effect the shaking? And would there be any way to correct it?
    Also the planes will not slow down well and seems to fly on for ever not losing air speed.

I can't find these, where are they at in the library?
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

I meant after they had been modified to CFS2........

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    They are still being modified. Slowly but surely.

Would love to beta test.................evil smile

Hi OW, this project has really raised my interest, more power to your elbow. it might even get me back into repaints!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

the best thing to use in a .dp is a program called DPED....

Reply...

Good evening,

In the process of going through RobH's uploads, I uploaded a number of skins for Stuart Green's aircraft. Have a look in this section if you want: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=125
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Those are some great skins for WWI aircraft.

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    I have attached the revised .MDLs in a new thread for you guys to play around with.

Got 'em OW. Thanks.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    I am extraordinarily interested in these wonderful WWI 'planes old wheat. I did convert them some time ago for my WWI install but, of course the control surfaces were locked and the dps were from other planes too.

I would love to see a new WWI mission or two, especially with these aircraft.
    Well stoney it might be time for the WW1 guys that want missions to learn how to use the mission builder. It's really not that hard to do. Just use Cody's tutorial and you should be fine. Sometimes if you want something you have to do it yourself,that's why I started doing missions.

There is alot of info out there to do missions.

Blondi is the only one that I remember doing a campaign for aerocrate years back

Talon

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

Here's an Idea.....

Anyone remember the original Red Baron air sim ?

Almost all of the flight scenarios in that one were based on real air battles.....

Perhaps an online handbook can be located that details their composition and....

You Know...
    SC

"...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

I remember Red Baron perfectly well. It gave me many hours of delight. It seems so long ago.... during the stone age. I had it in diskettes that I threw away not more than 5 years ago. Buaaaaaa!!!

Both Red Baronīs software and Handbook are available trough Internet. Tha Handbook doesnīt say much about the composition of the historical air battles. The soft is DOS based. I couldnīt load it in XP. (because of my limitations) I couldnīt see anything in the files. If someone needs this info just ask.

Cheers, Discus

Members who have read this thread: 16