yoke/pedals/quadrant

Thread: yoke/pedals/quadrant

yoke/pedals/quadrant

no one sells them in the stores here anymore. not even just a twist stick. can someone tell me where is a good place to get them? if i have to order them online, so be it. i just want a fair price, and fast shipping. i tried craig's list and kijiji, but no one answers when i respond to their ads

while on the subject i would like to ask opinions. saitek vs. ch products.
    iirc, some folks say that the ch pedals are not as good as the saitek, or there can sometimes be some sort of compatibility issue with them. can anyone expand or give their experience on this?

For what it's worth my controllers (Saitek X52, Saitek yoke + quadrant, Saitek pedals, TIR etc.) have all been bought new off Ebay from reputable Ebay 'stores' with the 'Buy it now' option. Never had an issue with any transaction and the stuff arrives within a week usually and for far less money than it would cost from some of the big name places.
    Larry

i have all CH products,,2 throttle quads,for 4 engine operation,rudder peddles with toe breaks,and the new yoke with the trim wheels...i dont like amazon...ive had bad luck buying there..aswell as ebay,,,they both scare me,,,and i absolutly refuse to use graigslist ( my nephew uses it constanly,but his shady deals are why i wont)

if i were to buy new..and i were to go with CH products..id go PC Aviator...i have never had a problem with them...i deal mostly with "Mark" at PC Aviator,but ive also talked to the owner himself many times..he is a nice guy and very helpfull..i was buying "megascenery" for california..and the downloads were very large..and they were corupting,i called and talked to Mark and he sent me all the CDs free for charge...he even paid for the shipping..all that said...i know alot of the SOH guys have issues with PC Aviator and i think its a shame as i have really good luck with them...

BUT....i think after looking into the sietek stuff reciently..their yoke,peddles,throttle quad ( which is single engine,but you can add a second one for twin engines,im not sure..but i think you can just keep adding them for the 4 engine setup as well)...but the reason id would go with sietek over CH products if i could afford to change at this point is the "cessna style" trim wheel,they also now make a "panel" foget who it is ..but it is a "dashboard" if you will that gives you the size and appearance of a cessna 172 panel,and then you add all the radios and gauges...thousands of dollars when done id say....but that trim wheel turns me on.....:cost1:

I have been extremely happy and have had zero problems with my Saitek products.
    I own:
    Saitek X-52
    Saitek Pro Flight System (Yoke + Throttle)
    Saitek Rudder Pedals

I used Newegg.com for these purchases:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...saitek&x=0&y=0

If you like cursing and your wife thinking you have Tourettes, get the Logitech G940 system. Biggest mistake I ever made. but at nearly $400 I'm stuck with it. It is awkward to set up, quirky, and the FF not very realitic. The pedals are a nightmare and need calbrating all the time. It seems to hate FSX but tolerates FS9 and P3D. It has some problem with the rudder in FSX for some reason I have to resolve.

new egg woulda been a good one, except for me being in canadia. they don't carry that stuff up here.
    i may end up on flea bay

Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    new egg woulda been a good one, except for me being in canadia. they don't carry that stuff up here.
    i may end up on flea bay
    Newegg.ca has some controllers but not a lot of choice.

If you go Ebay either try and buy from a Canadian outlet or make sure that shipping is via the US Postal Service if it's coming out of the USA. No doubt you are well aware of the FedEx, UPS etc. scams when it comes to cross-border paperwork!
    :isadizzy::angryfir:
    Larry

I've been a happy user of a CH Products Fighterstick, Throttle Quadrant, and ProPedals for years.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    No doubt you are well aware of the UPS scams when it comes to cross-border paperwork!
    You mean their "paper routing" through their wholly owned customs brokerage company in New Jersey? Hmmm, Jersey, wonder who really owns UPS.
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    Newegg.ca has some controllers but not a lot of choice.

If you go Ebay either try and buy from a Canadian outlet or make sure that shipping is via the US Postal Service if it's coming out of the USA. No doubt you are well aware of the FedEx, UPS etc. scams when it comes to cross-border paperwork!
    oh yes, i know first hand, the tactics of those guys.

I've gotten a lot of my stuff through Amazon.com lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    If you like cursing and your wife thinking you have Tourettes, ... and the FF not very realitic...
    I have a G940 too.
    You need this, 'FS Force':
    http://www.fs-force.com/

You can download a demo and try it out first.
    Works with P3D now too.
    Customizable, editable profile for each aircraft you own, if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    I have a G940 too.
    You need this, 'FS Force':
    http://www.fs-force.com/

You can download a demo and try it out first.
    Works with P3D now too.
    Customizable, editable profile for each aircraft you own, if you want.
    Thanks but I really don't want ot spend any more on it than I have to, I am rather hoping it commits Hari Kari and dies of its own accord so I can go back to Saitek or maybe a CH. The power of advertising eh? Since there are few places you can actually go to and get a feel for the product, we have to rely on ads and reviews then buy online. I was suckered into this one and have no-one to blame but myself.
    The other night I we were awoken by a rattling noise, seems the PC rebooted during the night and I had not taken the power cable out of the joystick, the reboot procedure had sent the FF mechanism into a frenzy. Unfortunately it is too danged heavy to launch itself off the desktop and shatter. Damn I hate this system, it actually puts me off running FSX. Oh and while I'm at it, Logitech don't respond to e-mails.

I've gotten a lot of my stuff through Amazon.com lately.
    With rare exceptions, I buy almost everything (non-grocery related) off of Amazon. With Prime shipping, I get stuff quickly delivered. Prices are pretty good, and when I take the price of gas into consideration, it makes more sense to buy via Amazon. Plus, in my experiences, Amazon's customer service is great. I've had to do a few returns, and Amazon has always satisfied me.

NC

Make that one more vote for Amazon. Got my Saitek hotas & combat rudder pedals through them recently, my Samsung
    .....monitor & Altec Lansing desktop stereo 2.1 there too. Have been very satisfied with Amazon for half a dozen years now.

​.

I agree with the Chief, Amazon does a very good job for me. I even occasionally get some non-perishable grocery items that I can't find anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I agree with the Chief, Amazon does a very good job for me. I even occasionally get some non-perishable grocery items that I can't find anywhere else.
    And I have to add it's nice NOT to deal with traffic, etc... The snowbird population is beginning to dwindle now (thank goodness). But during the peak of tourist season here, I rarely ventured out unless very late in the evening, or early in the morning.

So, buying from Amazon, and having UPS or Fedex deliver is a blessing, if not a lifesaver.... NC

Even stores in the larger towns/cities around here are just not carrying that stuff anymore.
    My favorite computer supply store that I did business with for many years, now only carries very low end computer parts.
    I have to get everything online.

I like Tiger Direct too, along with the aforementioned Amazon.
    Both have been very good to me.

I ordered a custom built computer through Tiger.
    Heck, Tiger never even charged me until after it was delivered.

I was looking at getting a SSD for the OS.
    I had one loaded in the shopping cart, then cancelled the purchase, figured I'd get it next pay period instead.
    Tiger emailed me a coupon, saying "we know folks are having tough times these days, here's a coupon for $20 off, hope this helps".
    It did.

I like Tiger Direct too, along with the aforementioned Amazon.
    Both have been very good to me.
    Yes I second Tiger Direct, bought many things from them with great service although they are my second choice after NCIX - gotta support domestic first.

it's interesting, recently i checked one of those "find me the best price" sites. it gave me the choice of a new set of yoke/pedals for $389, or a used set for $623. that one was too tough to call, so i just skipped it. instead i managed to get a set off of local craig's list. a ch yoke and a set of pro pedals. they were way too easy to install. it seems trickier to fly this way though, as opposed to the stick i was using.
    so far, so good! thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Members who have read this thread: 0