ADE; Airport Design Editor

Thread: ADE; Airport Design Editor

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

ADE; Airport Design Editor

A few days ago, I found a small dirt strip airfield by the Mexico boarder in the deserts of Southern California. It had two buildings on it, one was a generic rustic low rez box. The other, a blue striped metal hanger.

For some reason, I bonded to this stretch of dusty strip. I tried adding some scenery to it via some new programs like Instant Scenery 2, etc, and nothing worked. Then at FSDeveloper.com a couple of people told me about ADE. I have been out of scenery for 5 years, since FSX came out. Well, I found ADE, downloaded it and the files it would need, cranked it up, found it was pretty simple, sort of like AFCAD was in the old days.

Soon, in perhaps 30+ min's, I had populated my little dirt strip with some rustic old hangers, light poles, some static planes, cars, an FBO building, some oil drums and things, 2 surplus barrack buildings, and now I have a half-abandoned, dusty old 'realistic' airstrip near the Mexico border.

Loving it....!

What it looked like before.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2014
    This is what it looks like now.

Thanks to Jon for ADE!

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2014
    This is what ADE looks like.

This is freeware by the way. If you are not creating payware with it, no license is required. Just download and start adding things everywhere. I created a new folder in the Addon Scenery folder, and in that, I added a scenery folder, and added this airport to it, so I created my own addon scenery mini project for this, called Jacumba, the name of the airfield. All the scenery objects like the cars, light poles, buildings, hangers, barracks, everything, is stock Library items.

Wonder what that means in Spanish?

Bill

ADE has been my editor of choice after using AFX for a long time. ADE can do some very nice things with an airport and it seems very efficient. AFX could get slow when zoomed in, especially with an image background, where ADE zips around with no hesitation. About the only problem I've found is that sometimes it doesn't show and can't delete a default object or two, so I have to exclude them another way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    This is what ADE looks like.

This is freeware by the way. If you are not creating payware with it, no license is required. Just download and start adding things everywhere. I created a new folder in the Addon Scenery folder, and in that, I added a scenery folder, and added this airport to it, so I created my own addon scenery mini project for this, called Jacumba, the name of the airfield. All the scenery objects like the cars, light poles, buildings, hangers, barracks, everything, is stock Library items.

Wonder what that means in Spanish?

Bill
    If it is about Jacumba, that is not Spanish. Probably a name in the local indian language.

Quote Originally Posted by kjb View Post
    ADE has been my editor of choice after using AFX for a long time. ADE can do some very nice things with an airport and it seems very efficient[...].
    Ditto! ADE is great, you even can do some terraforming (make hilly airfields) and photoscenery work with it. The library object manager is also very good, I wish that the one in SbuilderX would be as comfortable.

Cheers,
    Mark