Ohhh man! St. Maarten faceplant.

Thread: Ohhh man! St. Maarten faceplant.

Pearl Harbor Project developer

Ohhh man! St. Maarten faceplant.

Owwwwww..........

[YOUTUBE]LV28AL0k1kY[/YOUTUBE]
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

She's lucky she didn't break her neck. The normal everyday run of the mill not so smart people that we always see video of at the end of the St Maarten runway, have absolutely no idea how dangerous it is to be that close to the blast of jet engines being run up to static take off power, which is a requirement for the special departure procedure at that airport. One day, an engine is going to have a compressor stall that may be accompanied by turbine blade shrapnel. For now, I guess, they'll have to make do with the potential eye damage from getting sandblasted, or head and neck injuries when they hit that concrete berm.

That's why we Navy types have jet blast deflectors on the Carrier ..... Very unwise to get that close to anything with that type of thrust ...

Mike :isadizzy:

Quote Originally Posted by rayrey10 View Post
    Darwinism at it's best!
    +1, but there is something nice at :42 to watch...man I need to get stateside!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    This is pretty good (except for the splat toward the end). Brings to mind a couple of scenes from "Pushing Tin" with John Cusack and Billy Bob Thornton. BBT's character liked to go to the approach end of the runway and get blown around in the jetwash from the landing aircraft. If I were in a law enforcement "RedMan" suit, which basically makes you look like a Michelin Man, so you can be clobbered full force by other cops in baton training, and had adequate hearing protection this might actually be fun.

Charter Member 2015
    Reminds me of a video that was doing the rounds a couple of years ago of a B1 Bone that scattered a bunch of photographers that approached too close to it's rear quarters just before it took off in Mil power.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Charter Member 2015
    The power of jet blast...

[YOUTUBE]DFP4xl0V0mk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Q6AKVMtj5Kc[/YOUTUBE]
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Reminds me of a video that was doing the rounds a couple of years ago of a B1 Bone that scattered a bunch of photographers that approached too close to it's rear quarters just before it took off in Mil power.
    I was there, RIAT, RAF Cottesmore, about 12 years ago, i was'nt in the field but got a good view from the flightline, fantastic display--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VYwh...layer_embedded

cheers ian

Charter Member 2015
    That's the one!