2012 Cape-to-Cape - Nick - CavalierDuck
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cape-to-Cape - Nick - CavalierDuck

2012 Cape-to-Cape - Nick - CavalierDuck

About to start: FACT to FAGM in Socata TBM 700 with Jörn Rönnow mods as required.

Weather: real-world downloaded, 15 minute updates.

Looks like I'm taking off in the rain but it's clear with no wind at FAGM

I wish all participants good luck and strong tailwinds!

Down safe at FAGM. One flight down, 15 to go (if all goes according to plan!).

Attachment 62559

Online Duenna tracking:
    http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...pVUHgKPUceLlec

FAGM - FWLI

About to set off from FAGM to FWLI (Lilongwe, Malawi) for my intermediate stop on the way to Nairobi.

In Socata TBM 700 (Jorn Ronnow mods) with FS real-world weather, 15 minute updates.

FAGM - FWLI

FWLI - HKNW

Leaving Liliongwe FWLI heading to HKNW Wilson, Nairobi in the Socata TBM 700.

Looks a bit stormy out there, might be a bumpy flight...

FWLI - HKNW

Down safe at HKNW, just south of the equator. Thunderstorms both on the climb out of Lilongwe and on descent into Nairobi made it a bit bumpy....

Attachment 62759

Not sure what's going on with the Duenna. When I landed I got some server error message. The text file shows a validated flight with all the important data. When I checked the online tracking it seems to stop just short of landing so I guess there was some kind of interruption? I have screenshots of the FS flight analysis if further verificaion is required.

Took the logfile over to Ms. Munroe's desk. She put her papers down, settled her glasses and took a quick look. "Fine," she said. "Next..."

I quickly left the room.

By the way, nice screenshots of that TBM700.
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MM View Post
    Took the logfile over to Ms. Munroe's desk. She put her papers down, settled her glasses and took a quick look. "Fine," she said. "Next..."

I quickly left the room.
    My thanks to Ms. Munroe for her diligence. I hope we won't need to trouble her again...

HKNW - HKKI

After a couple of days beak in Nairobi waiting for thunderstorms to clear away, I finally get to fly the next leg HKNW to HKKI. I will be crossing the equator a few minutes out of HKNW. Goodbye southern hemisphere!

In Socata TBM 700 with FS2004 real-world wx with updates (and preferably no t-storms...)

HKNW - HKKI

Down safe at HKKI. One storm off to the north en route but clear at HKKI. Nice view of Lake Victoria on the way in. Glad I chose to wait for clearer weather!

Attachment 63040

Duenna:
    http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...SyiN1LjIjxNZgg

HKKI - FZIA

Tempting fate by flying a competition leg on Friday the 13th... Setting off from HKKI to FZIA.

HKKI - FZIA

Down safe at FZIA Simisimi, Kisangani, DR Congo. Looks like Fri 13th didn't get me after all.

Attachment 63102

Duenna:
    http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...3NqcBbPeNKvSrs

FZIA - FZGA

Hoping for a pleasant short flight along the Congo to Lisala FZGA.

FZIA - FZGA

Nice straightforward flight to FZGA.

Attachment 63181

Duenna:
    http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...yuYJhbTEEfSF6o

FZGA - FZAB

Setting out on next leg Lisala FZGA to N'dolo, Kinshasa, FZAB.

Weather looks quite clear all the way.

Later: wrote out my post then forgot to hit the "submit" button so there will only appear to be a few minutes between my start and end posts but the Duenna will confirm the correct times. I hope Ms. Munroe forgives me.....

FZGA - FZAB

Arrived FZAB N'dolo, Kinshasa.

Attachment 63471

Duenna:
    http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...08lOod1ZpK923c

Set out in clear weather but thunderstorms developed during the flight. This seems to be a pattern emerging; as when I usually fly is in real time late afternoon/early evening in Africa, this is why I'm getting hit with the t-storms. This might be handy for the southbound guys to be aware of when making their way eastwards across equatorial Africa.

Now time to have a think about what time I'm going to declare....

Precision Race time

I'm declaring a Precision Race time of 34:08. This is 4 minutes shorter than my reference time of 34:12.

By my calculations I'm a little way ahead of my reference time at the moment, but I expect to lose most of what I gain doing the flights in the Alps.

FZAB - FOGO

Leaving FZAB Kinshasa heading to FOGO Oyem, Gabon, for my required intermediate stop.

FZAB - FOGO

On the ground at FOGO Oyem, Gabon. Slightly relieved as there's thunder and lightning all around me.

Attachment 63535

Duenna:
    http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...8OLpQBdLRioQpM

You're making nice progress here CD.

It should be a relief to get away from all this jungle and dessert and into the Alps to cool off.

Good Luck!
    salt_air

FOGO - DRRN

Thanks salt, you're doing pretty well yourself! That flight across the Sahara especially.

Leaving FOGO for DRRN Niamey, Niger. Preferably away from the thunderstorms which seem to be plaguing me....

FOGO - DRRN

Flight aborted due to real world intrusion. Will have to do it again tomorrow.

FOGO - DRRN

FOGO - DRRN, take 2.

FOGO - DRRN

On the ground at DRRN and it looks like I've left all the central African thunderstorms behind at last! Nice flight actually. That's the second longest flight in my route done, I had a nice little tailwind most of the way. Hope that stays because the longest flight is up next.

Attachment 63703

Duenna:
    http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFlight.php?detail=flight&value=D9tQLXeBdkE521n BZZznJVcgA

Attachment 63705Attachment 63706Attachment 63707Attachment 63708Attachment 63709

SOH-CM-2017
    Nice run up to Naimey. Looks like you got a nice tailwind push. Hope to see some more screenshots of your legs.
    Jeff
    "Providence Permittin"