At wits end! Scenery popping,redraw issue.

Thread: At wits end! Scenery popping,redraw issue.

At wits end! Scenery popping,redraw issue.

:isadizzy:
    Ok am throwing in the towel. 3 days tweeking and I just spent the last few hours reinstalling most of Flight1's inventory and you kow how much fun that is.

Issue- Simular to the classic annoying autogen popping issue at distance. BUT..... Seems to be just green stuff and is happening all over the place. The worst part is that it NEVER stops! Below me,1/4,1/2 to miles out. All over if you stare at the ground you will see a small section pop in green. A brown part of earth with just pop in green. Sometimes single trees and sometimes blocks just change.
    Trees,vegetation type autogen looks like to me. Aircraft speed is not the issue. You can hover but the popping of scenery never stops. So I do not think its a issue of my computer/card trying to play catch up.

Addons- FSX/Acel.. UTX,GEX,FEX. I ran Bjotes"jesus tweeking tool when it came out and never had a issue. Reran it.... The small part reject radius line it added I changed around from 4 to 1 and even eliminated it. No better. In FSX I have the level of detail radius on large.
    Reinstalled UTX. Made sure it was in its proper priority per the readme.
    Reinstalled GEX. There is a confusing "enable/disable autogen tree fix tile". Dunno what that means but I have enabled and disabled it and see no effect.
    If I disable UTX usa it appears to stop so my gut tells me its part of the problem. But what I did,what changed,whats causing this sudden issue has be baffled.

Any help or even longshots plz let me know. Next step is a full reinstall.

Making some progress.

Be aware that the popular "fsx.cfg tweek tool" makes changes which can help and also hurt your current performance. I ran it when it first came out and it did wonders for me. I am guesing that the last time I ran it,last week, it changed some entries and together with some software changes made FSX upset. More details later but the "rejecthreshold....." was set to low causing white flashes and other graphic oddities. Also my texture band mult was set to low, 40. I bumped it up to 70 and that helped things.

Just trying to get back to where I was just a week ago.

Sounds like your computer is not loading the textures fast enough. I started getting some of this, also noticed stutters and lower fps. Turns out my BIOS lost most of my over clocking settings. Once I got my system back up to speed, everything worked properly.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

There are only a few million possible causes for FSX to run poorly lol. At least nobody tried to sell me a defragger hahaha.

Getting FSX running great often is like balancing a bowling ball on a razer blade. One thing is all it takes to tip it. In my case I bought Las Vegas X scenery and had overlapping runways. So during my tweeking and reinstalling GEX,FEX and UTX something happened.
    I am not about to jynx myself and say its solved but I "think" that when the above failed, I reran that Bjote? tweek program it made aggresive changes FSX did not like. In the ensuing hack and slash method I used to troubleshoot I lost that key change in the rubble.

Members who have read this thread: 6