NEW Lockheed Vega REPAINTS!! Nine new repaints !!

Thread: NEW Lockheed Vega REPAINTS!! Nine new repaints !!

NEW Lockheed Vega REPAINTS!! Nine new repaints !!

Greetings all;

Garry J. Smith has added a VEGA page with nine new VEGA repaints - free downloads at: http://ford-tri-motor.net/lockheed-vega.htm

Enjoy and fly some. Take care and thanks GARRY!!!

Now those are pretty darn cool. I especially like the RAAF one--kind of like a proto-Lysander. After all they had about the same landing speed, top speeds are pretty close too. The difference? The Vega didn't have any flaps and only half the horsepower. The Lysander probably had an easier go at takeoff though. One boggles at the prospect of a Vega fitted with flaps off the Orion...
    Construction of these birds were pretty cool too. Most of them were made of plywood shaped from concrete molds, then put together with nails and glue and covered with thin fabric to smooth out the contours. Now there were a few early Lockheeds from the Detroit Aircraft era that were made of metal (DL-1 Vega, XP-24, Shellightning), but they still had that neat art-deco look to them (not to mention being a heck of a lot less maintainence). One more thing...that guy who designed the Avia 51, 156 and 56...last name Nebesar...he got his start working for Lockheed which explains why the Avia 56 (especially) could pass for an early Lockheed relative.

Just a bit more rambling over here...
    I just love the RAAF camo version...it screams Black Ops. I think that one in RAF SOE livery (nightfighter flat black, minimum/no national markings) would be downright awesome. Just the thing to drop agents, arms and ammo over occupied France

Oh, and THANKS for the repaints on the Vega!!!:ernae:

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Thanks for the heads up! Some great repaints.

Thanks also Dr. Zooks for the interesting trivia. Interesting on the concrete/plywood molding process.

So many cool ways of making planes back then. I hope the systems of manufacture isnt lost on all these planes.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Upon first examining the 56 one could see a distinct resemblance between it and the Vega . . . now I understand why. Same thing happened with Jack Northrop and his dive bomber design for the Navy (can't think of the designation just now) and the SBD, which was nearly identical to Northrop's design. Northrop used to work for Douglas, and contributed to the SBD design. I can picture the earlier of the two types (Northrop's) having forward-swept glass framing for the cockpits - otherwise there was little difference.

Mmmm....timely. I see screenshots featuring some Vegas and Avias grazing together with surprisingly colourful Ford Trimotors in some far away grass airfield, a long time ago, later on today. Thanks for sharing this wonderful work, Gary and Ed. It's most appreciated!!

Bush Flying Unlimited Vega 5 REPAINTS (Passenger & Cargo)

Garry J. Smith has completed two more Vega repaints - http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/lockheed-vega.htm Two versions, Passenger with cabin windows and Cargo without windows.
    Check the link for scheduled repaints coming as well. Take care.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! Some great repaints.

Thanks also Dr. Zooks for the interesting trivia. Interesting on the concrete/plywood molding process.

So many cool ways of making planes back then. I hope the systems of manufacture isnt lost on all these planes.
    Same technique, but using wood moulds was used by de Havilland.
    iirc it came from the boatbuilding industry originally.

Ttfn

Pete

Still more pending!!

Greetings all,

Garry still has a working list of 13 more Vega repaints: http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/lockheed-vega.htm Go to the bottom of the page, see scheduled list.
    Take care and have fun.

Ed

Mr. Moores' Vega repaint's

I'm missing something on the Vega repaints. Where do I get the acft cfg's info so these babies show up? Confused just as I am on most thing's......lol.......

sbp
    CAN YOU HEAR ME, NOW?

I think you're on your own for the configs.

It's easy to do, just copy and paste a similar existing entry in the file, renumber it, edit the title line to something unique, change the texture line to point at your new texture folder, then change the ui_variation line to something you will recognize as pertaining to that repaint.

Perfect answer PFFLYERS

Thanks Pfflyers - you put up the perfect answer on the CFG, when ever Garry completes the last Vega repaint then he will do a final update with all the repaints and a complete aircraft.cfg. Hope you all enjoy his outstanding work! Take care and happy flying!

Ed

Vega Repaint Cfg Files

Thank you pfflyer's and Mr. Ed Moore. I thought that might be the case and actually tried that first-off but must have entered something wrong or left something out. Will retry following your directions. Thank you very much!! Also many, many thanks to Mr. Moore for your sponcership for both Ford Tri-motor and Vega and Mr. Garry Smith for his wonderful re-paints!! Great effort by all.... .....sbp
    CAN YOU HEAR ME, NOW?