P3D - Who's running it? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P3D - Who's running it?

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    I willl be gettting it after I make like the Seven Dwarfs at tax time.

I owe,I owe...its off to work I go.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I have been running P3D for about 4 days now and am really impressed. It is not as twitchy as FSX and any stutteers I have had in the past have disappeared.

I have used the SBSLs to port the ORBX regions over as well as installing the OZx sceneries. Ii have also installed several other favourite sceneries and all seem to work fine.

The JF Constellation is a default aircraft and I have ported over the remainder of the JF aircraft plust several others like the WarbirdSim P-51s, Carenado aircraft, RealAir and several others. All seem to work fine with one exception. When I got to load the RA Spitfire MK IX I get a crash.

Only thing I miss is Real Weather.

All in all at the moment I would rate it an 8/10 because of several missing features.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Blog Entries
    Hi Aussieman,
    Although I no longer run Prepar3D, I found that when I used it after running FSX and Active Sky 2012 (which I'd forgot to turn off), Active Sky was injecting real weather into Preper3D. Jsut an obsevation!

Regards,
    Ian.

Well I own it and in around 18 hrs I should be able to install it, living in regional centers is great for some of the scenery and peace of life but the d/l speeds are bad :mixedsmi:
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    Hi Aussieman,
    Although I no longer run Prepar3D, I found that when I used it after running FSX and Active Sky 2012 (which I'd forgot to turn off), Active Sky was injecting real weather into Preper3D. Jsut an obsevation!

Regards,
    Ian.
    I wonder if REX's active weather will work on it. I haven't installed any of my add-ons, yet, but am getting ready to. REX and SHADE first. (Shade does work, doesn't it??) (And UTX)
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    I wonder if REX's active weather will work on it. I haven't installed any of my add-ons, yet, but am getting ready to. REX and SHADE first. (Shade does work, doesn't it??) (And UTX)
    I would test SHADE first. LM has updated the shader and there may be compatibility issues.

I've been using it for a few days now and I'm quite impressed.
    I don't see any FPS improvements over FSX but it runs smooth and looks good so no problem there.
    I had to splash out on EZDOK so I could use TrackIR (cant fly without Tir) and I'm impressed with that too.

Haven't ported any scenery over yet but I have ported over quite a few planes and other than some minor problem with two of them, one of which was easy to fix so far its been a breeze.

Only bug I've found so far have been with the ATC window.
    When I open or close it my screen goes black for a second and moving and resizing it reverts when I open it next.
    I posted about them on the LM P3D forum and one of the dev's acknowledged the move/resize bug and said theyed look into it.
    The black screen thing could be a driver problem so I'll have to look into that one myself. currently running the 285.62's on my GTX580.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    Only bug I've found so far have been with the ATC window.
    When I open or close it my screen goes black for a second and moving and resizing it reverts when I open it next.
    I posted about them on the LM P3D forum and one of the dev's acknowledged the move/resize bug and said theyed look into it.
    The black screen thing could be a driver problem so I'll have to look into that one myself. currently running the 285.62's on my GTX580.
    I get a 'pause' with ATC when I go to click on a field. My screen doesnt go black but the ATC 'request' will take sometimes 7 seconds roughly, (long seconds) until 'closest airports' popup.

This and Map tend to be very slow.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

had it for a day now and am quite happy so far. I hadd been hoping to move up from FS2004 to Flight but since that was such a disappointment, I'm glad this showed up.

I have purchased the Academic version, dowloaded and flown a few short hops so far.
    I have not tried porting any aircraft yet only scenery.
    Got the SBSL's from ORBX for PNW, PJF, NZI , can't wait for their migration tool to be released
    so I can load up all their other stuff, it's a good time to buy the ones youn ain't got while the sales on.

So far I can see a fair bit of tweaking will be needed, I think a Prepar3d Tweaks section could be rather handy,
    could someone set one up please?

Good idea Bruce!
    It could be a stickie thread for now and as time goes by we could ask Ickie for a sub forum.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Good idea Bruce!
    It could be a stickie thread for now and as time goes by we could ask Ickie for a sub forum.

Thank You Roger.:salute:

Bruce.